IGNORED

Scintilli out in '09

Dale

I reckon it will be Warp, too, and I reckon they NEED TO HURRY THE FUCK UP! :emotawesomepm9:

I'm a bit surprised to not hear anything from anyone here about recent gigs, though. But I guess it's true many people here don't care for Plaid. Losers. :emotawesomepm9:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone wrote down his impressions of the london set 6th of March:

well I really liked it though the sound wasn't up to much where we were standing at the side. I danced my socks off if thats a recommendation(?)

Thought it was quite dark, and quite hard which I liked but maybe not as melodic as some of their stuff can be, nor as subtle but maybe that was down to the sound. All in all exciting and really enjoyable, and Ed and Andy looked like they were really into it too.

Wierd trancey track at the end which I didn't recognise

( but maybe should have?) which sounded very mainstream-a bit disappointed by that but it got the crowd going. Would have preferred to see them in a smaller venue with better PA but hey ho, mustn't grumble- they/it was a top night as always.

And some pictures too.

sauce: http://www.last.fm/group/%3DPlaid%3D/forum/129086/_/607620

Guest sirch

yeah thanks for that. some cool pictures there! wish i'd hav gone now.. :(

c'mon Steve Beckett! let Scintilli out, ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Friday, August 20th, 2010. sirch resurrects the Scintilli rants :)

..so, if Norvum said the Plaid boys told him that Scintilli would definitely be out this year, Warp are cutting it pretty close now!

what with a bunch of other releases planned and already announced for between now and the next couple of months. plus we have the Eno release due at some point, i assume before the end of the year. and you'd think they'd (warp) want to give at least 2 months notice to people (with Oversteps it was 3 months, Jan-March) so they can hype it up and do all the promo and get thousands of preorders in! no?

so they're gonna need to announce it next month, for release in December. that's my prediction anyway, according to Norvum's inside knowledge. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Friday, August 20th, 2010. sirch resurrects the Scintilli rants :)

..so, if Norvum said the Plaid boys told him that Scintilli would definitely be out this year, Warp are cutting it pretty close now!

what with a bunch of other releases planned and already announced for between now and the next couple of months. plus we have the Eno release due at some point, i assume before the end of the year. and you'd think they'd (warp) want to give at least 2 months notice to people (with Oversteps it was 3 months, Jan-March) so they can hype it up and do all the promo and get thousands of preorders in! no?

so they're gonna need to announce it next month, for release in December. that's my prediction anyway, according to Norvum's inside knowledge. :)

thank you sirch for keeping the hopes up

Hmm well considering Squarpusher's new one was announced today, and is out in a month and a half, I guess we have until mid-November to get a Scintilli announcement for 2010, worst case scenario.

but considering the long wait for Scintilli and all the anticipation from fans, etc. etc. ... i think Warp will want to announce it then hype it up for a good couple of months at the very least! - taking in several thousand (at least) pre-orders 'n all that shctuff.

Wouldn't mind at this point...but I much prefer two single albums than one double.

what about a double CD album of around 28 new tracks, 14 on each disc + a 4 track EP? = 32 new Plaid tracks.

Guest ruiagnelo

Wouldn't mind at this point...but I much prefer two single albums than one double.

what about a double CD album of around 28 new tracks, 14 on each disc + a 4 track EP? = 32 new Plaid tracks.

this please.

this please.

at least 23,323 people will second this :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get nothing out of that article, really. One says 2 months, one says they're still working on it... :wacko: Granted both could be true (if 2 months means two months till announcement), but whatever. Nothing to get excited about.

Yes I'm jaded. :tongue:

Jaded.. ? or just wise.. ? i'd like to think that being (some what) "jaded" is just being a tad wise to stuff, and accustomed to ppl's BS.

the reviewer didn't even get the name of the track he quoted right. saying "Hoi Non", instead of Non Hoi. lol

so, i dunno. October would be good, tho.... but that will be the announcement date, if anything, imo.

but let's see......

Won't find me complaining about the amount of tracks, I just prefer it broken down into more easily digestible packages.

i'm really hoping it's gonna be a big fat Winter Solstice Banquit of Plaid delights! ;)

then there'll be much happy festivities and hard partying and dancing, ..so hard that we all take our clothes off!! Mbuki Mvuki stylee. hehehe :)

Guest ruiagnelo

Won't find me complaining about the amount of tracks, I just prefer it broken down into more easily digestible packages.

i'm really hoping it's gonna be a big fat Winter Solstice Banquit of Plaid delights! ;)

then there'll be much happy festivities and hard partying and dancing, ..so hard that we all take our clothes off!! Mbuki Mvuki stylee. hehehe :)

that would make a pretty decent xmas gift if you ask me :)

Archived