IGNORED

Elektron

soundwave

Resurrecting an old thread because why not.

They mention Autechre sort of sparking some orders for the MD and MM, as well as a couple of other things, at just about 30 minutes in: https://youtu.be/Do_XhHa5zsA

I wish they said something about IO

man that scale fucks with me. asked a guitar playing friend if he could figure it out, he said he wanted to throw up

edit why is the right hand ass pixellated

It isn't really a scale. It starts be descending the Eb Locrian and then when it gets to Gb it rises in whole steps and is harmonized with a major third below it. Kind of hard to explain without notations. Plus, there is another harmony going on underneath it which is easier to hear in the live version.

And because of this I'll post this explanation though it's not Elektron specific: 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can't see the first video! :(

Shit I think they took the video down. It was from ADSR and some sort of gear highlight video on the Machinedrum with one of the guys from Elektron who helped develop it. Just posted the video like two days ago, so maybe they just took it down to edit it or something? Or maybe it was supposed to be a subscriber only sort of thing? I dunno, if I see it back up I'll post it.

what was it about autechre and md/mnm? was that an old video?

It was from ADSR and some sort of gear highlight video on the Machinedrum with one of the guys from Elektron who helped develop it

maybe it was removed for good. maybe he said too much... something he shouldn't have said

do you remember what he said?

It was specifically about the MD. Two guys who work for ADSR who also used to work for Roland, talking with the one guy from Elektron. 

They mentioned AE for a few minutes...Elektron guy said the company was surprised to see a spike in sales suddenly, and didn't realize why until they found out someone had posted a photo online of AE with a MD on stage. The ADSR guy mentioned that he'd actually talked to Rob or Sean (or both?) about the Elektron machines or something, mentioned some of the other gear they'd worked with before that was similar (can't remember which) and it was just maybe five minutes mentioning Autechre (Aw-teck-ruh according to ADSR dude lol) as a whole. 

It was specifically about the MD. Two guys who work for ADSR who also used to work for Roland, talking with the one guy from Elektron. 

They mentioned AE for a few minutes...Elektron guy said the company was surprised to see a spike in sales suddenly, and didn't realize why until they found out someone had posted a photo online of AE with a MD on stage. The ADSR guy mentioned that he'd actually talked to Rob or Sean (or both?) about the Elektron machines or something, mentioned some of the other gear they'd worked with before that was similar (can't remember which) and it was just maybe five minutes mentioning Autechre (Aw-teck-ruh according to ADSR dude lol) as a whole. 

thnx koyxien!  

also, five seconds mentioning of ae is a life time long for me, let alone FIVE MINUTES! ;)

Archived