IGNORED

digital midgets remix

Guest wasps

hello, any feedback on this

here tune would be well appreciated. it's a remix attempt of this competition, and is my first proper tune using the new studio stuff. i'm not sure if it's just a bit wanky...

advanks tanks.

[w]

Nice I like this. Don't know if I was totally keen on those strings they seem to jar a little and take the edge off the funky vibes I'm finding. Something needs to be done with the rimshot sounds as it sounds a bit sharp with just that slight reverb on it. However I do like the rimshot sound itself but it just needs some softening to take the sharpness off it. The way it developed was very nice. Overall digging the vibe of this tune. I wish I could create something in this vein. Nice keys and overall nice vibe. Good job. Don't know whether its on a par with Luke Vilbert goodness yet but I like your style. It just seems for me to be lacking something to just to take it to another level. Overall I likes though and I likes what you're doing. You got some abilities Wasps! :cool:

Nice I like this. Don't know if I was totally keen on those strings they seem to jar a little and take the edge off the funky vibes I'm finding. Something needs to be done with the rimshot sounds as it sounds a bit sharp with just that slight reverb on it. However I do like the rimshot sound itself but it just needs some softening to take the sharpness off it. The way it developed was very nice. Overall digging the vibe of this tune. I wish I could create something in this vein. Nice keys and overall nice vibe. Good job. Don't know whether its on a par with Luke Vilbert goodness yet but I like your style. It just seems for me to be lacking something to just to take it to another level. Overall I likes though and I likes what you're doing. You got some abilities Wasps! :cool:

wicked, thanks alot - some good comments there, for sure. i'll take another listen to the break - for some reason, the rimshot has been problematic from the beginning, regarding the levels. it's almost certainly eqing, so i'll check it out again. i think i just need some time off from it so i can hear all those things i'm missing now. the strings and the vocal snippets are essentially the only thing of the original track, so they can't really drop them.

i also know what you mean about the next level thing - absolutely. but i'm just beginning with it all and it's unknown territory, so hopefully i learn about those things in good time. :)

thanks promo, very much appreciated.

Guest grasshoppa

a very nice layed backness to it, nice sounds.

development was strong and liked where it led

good seperation

good jobo

Very well done. Ten times better than the original --sooo tacky! You managed to make it sound really good. Good enough for me to want to check out the artist that made the original (who made me shudder, hehe). Very smooth mix and arrangement, tasteful sounds.

Just listening as I type this - and I really ought to listen to it on my monitors.

Really like the laid back ambience to it, but when it changes half way through this is when it really gels for me. Best use of piano I have heard for a while!

Not so in to the way it stops sounds like you just gave up a bit. Really nice though.

OffTopic, but, where in Norway are you based?

fark - nowt for ages then loadsa comments.

=> androne - neither did i. .)

=> timc3 - thanks man. i'm not a fan of long songs - i get bored really quickly - so it has to be kept succinct with as little repetition as possible. which may go some way to explain the fast switches... seems that most peeps liked the klakky salsa riddum more that the first. .) based in ålesund, btw.

=> Zephyr_Nova, feta, grassoppaa - cheers guys, encouraging words.

unfortunately not able to touch it now as having *cough* problems with live... .(

Guest dorian concept

found this one on the ntune forum, .,

sure do like your funkay reggaed out spiritual 69-73era approach, ..

I myself still have tou work on my remx ...

keep on keepin on wasps, ..

Archived