IGNORED

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

Panda Bear is my least favorite member. Geologist is fucking awesome though, and Avey Tares stuff with Kira Brekken was great.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

well, he made person pitch. and he laid down some great drumming on spirit they're gone spirit they've vanished.

'Person Pitch' will always be one of my favourite albums of all time....

and now, 'Merriweather Post Pavilion' is as well.....

but I could say that about most of AC's albums....

Fuck the haters!

Love the fuckers....

LUDD's an ignorant know-it-all....

James Marcel Stinson is still dead!

so you should stop listening to music and try to be his replacement.....

I hear Detroit is nice this time of year....

Guest Glass Plate

I really hate animal collective some times because of the huge movement of imitators in the american music scene. Ever sense they started using SP samplers I feel like the number of hipster kids I see using them has tripled at least. Every other act that's not just a folk/accoustic/metal/noise is just shitty hippie-like hipster bastards trying their best to make psyched out loops on a 303/404 with shitty tribal-esque drums and delayed chanting through a phaser/chorus/tremolo and it's always so god damned artless and it's always so obvious they just listen to animal collective all day and think it's awesome. There's huge groups that just try to re-make sung-tongs over and over, while others try to be more pushy like AC but totally fail. They don't know shit about making music. Their music is so damned repetitive boring, and egotistic it destroys me. AC's music it's self is better than this. They actually compose well and are some what pushing when it comes to instrumentation and song structure, but when I listen to stuff of theirs I can't help but to think of the crowd it inspires and the aspects they like the most (shitty wailing vocals and tribal-esque drums etc.) and it really annoys me. Oh well, I guess it's just the fact they still have a lot of roots in the indie scene, and the only aspects I like too much are the electronic and instrumentation aspects of it. I guess I just hate indie music too much and that's what bothers me about AC. Then when it comes to Person Pitch that's always the first album you see mentioned by annoying hipsters who want to be them, and the #1 reason why they use the Boss sampelrs trying to imitate person pitch. Oh well this rant is horribly written and I'm just contemplating my thoughts on this band, and mostly just mentioning that huge surge of AC inspired bull shit that's around these days that really annoys me. (some times they'll be a fusion of AC wanna-bes with BoC and other psyche-ambient bull shit rip-off/inspirations)

I really hate animal collective some times because of the huge movement of imitators in the american music scene. Ever sense they started using SP samplers I feel like the number of hipster kids I see using them has tripled at least. Every other act that's not just a folk/accoustic/metal/noise is just shitty hippie-like hipster bastards trying their best to make psyched out loops on a 303/404 with shitty tribal-esque drums and delayed chanting through a phaser/chorus/tremolo and it's always so god damned artless and it's always so obvious they just listen to animal collective all day and think it's awesome. There's huge groups that just try to re-make sung-tongs over and over, while others try to be more pushy like AC but totally fail. They don't know shit about making music. Their music is so damned repetitive boring, and egotistic it destroys me. AC's music it's self is better than this. They actually compose well and are some what pushing when it comes to instrumentation and song structure, but when I listen to stuff of theirs I can't help but to think of the crowd it inspires and the aspects they like the most (shitty wailing vocals and tribal-esque drums etc.) and it really annoys me. Oh well, I guess it's just the fact they still have a lot of roots in the indie scene, and the only aspects I like too much are the electronic and instrumentation aspects of it. I guess I just hate indie music too much and that's what bothers me about AC. Then when it comes to Person Pitch that's always the first album you see mentioned by annoying hipsters who want to be them, and the #1 reason why they use the Boss sampelrs trying to imitate person pitch. Oh well this rant is horribly written and I'm just contemplating my thoughts on this band, and mostly just mentioning that huge surge of AC inspired bull shit that's around these days that really annoys me. (some times they'll be a fusion of AC wanna-bes with BoC and other psyche-ambient bull shit rip-off/inspirations)

1. its

2. which bands are you talking about?

3. why hate a band because others imitate them?

Guest Glass Plate

1. its

2. mostly small time local bands that make up a lot of the american music scene. If you really wanted to make me go through the waste of my time to find some of their mysapces for you I would but I'm not in the mood. A good example of a popular band that does the exact same thing as almost as offensive is "El Guincho" but I don't take the time to remember most of the other mainstreamish bands that are ripoffs once again if you really wanted me to waste tons of my time (I really don't think I will though) I could interrogate some of my indie-fag friends who can list lots of them for you.

3. I guess you don't know how to read. I when on to talk about how when I hear these bands who immitate animal collective they immitate the shittiest part of the band that I hate, and so the next time I listen to AC I'm more annoyed with them before. (I say this some with the fact I'm more into the instrumentation and composition, where as it seems a lot of people just like the fact of it being mutated indie/pop music) Also it's hard for me to listen to a band or read an author and not think about to target/receiving artist. that is ingrained in the process of making art and can't be ignored. So when I see the said target/receiving majority of animal collective and then listen to their music again it causes a skew in my listening.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally bought it yesterday. god the cover is worse in your hands. gonna throw away the outer and keep the inner. haven't heard yet.

anyone liking this who didnt hear the water curses ep should look it out. really really good.

1. its

2. mostly small time local bands that make up a lot of the american music scene. If you really wanted to make me go through the waste of my time to find some of their mysapces for you I would but I'm not in the mood. A good example of a popular band that does the exact same thing as almost as offensive is "El Guincho" but I don't take the time to remember most of the other mainstreamish bands that are ripoffs once again if you really wanted me to waste tons of my time (I really don't think I will though) I could interrogate some of my indie-fag friends who can list lots of them for you.

3. I guess you don't know how to read. I when on to talk about how when I hear these bands who immitate animal collective they immitate the shittiest part of the band that I hate, and so the next time I listen to AC I'm more annoyed with them before. (I say this some with the fact I'm more into the instrumentation and composition, where as it seems a lot of people just like the fact of it being mutated indie/pop music) Also it's hard for me to listen to a band or read an author and not think about to target/receiving artist. that is ingrained in the process of making art and can't be ignored. So when I see the said target/receiving majority of animal collective and then listen to their music again it causes a skew in my listening.

why bother with those amateurs and just enjoy the superior original? for me, autechre rip-offs just highlight how amazing they are, themselves, as they cannot be matched.

AC was one of those bands at some point.

Guest Valued Customer
omg AC are soooooooooooo cool i love theyre names . panda bear lol. those guys are genoius

haha you're such a fuckin fag lol, i'd probably spit on you in real life haha

Guest spraaaa
Ever sense they started using SP samplers I feel like the number of hipster kids I see using them has tripled at least.

lol, if you dare to look at the animal collective forum, this is disturbingly true.

I ignore indie rock and get bored when people say they like sung tongs, I think this is a good way to enjoy ac.

panda bear more like panda express oh!

Guest Glass Plate

Ok so far I've pointed out how I like them for the innovation pushing of instrumentation and deconstruction of popular pop and indie music. I've said how because of the mass wave of people who imitate this sound makes AC them selves more annoying for me. I've said it shows how deeply they're still connected to shitty music I don't like. Then the question is why not ignore those aspects and listen to them any ways? I do listen to them, I'm simply saying I often get turned off to the idea of listening to them regularly because 1. the majority of people that do are the before mentioned bastards of local music scene 2. I have gigs and gigs of recent music that I love listening to as well. Not to mention the 100 years of music that has been published before I was even born, and the music from before I got into the music, and the music from before I was in depth at listening to music.

Any ways, I wasn't guessing that much in saying the sp sampler growth. It's the dead truth and it's disgusting. I had gotten my sp-303 before I even realized AC used them. I was inpsired my Four Tet/J Dilla/Madlib to get mine. (Hip-hop scene is where AC got the influence too I feel) I would link to a horrendous youtube video of some local band to really show you how godawful of a fad it's created but the url to this thread might eventually show up and they might link this screen name to my music etc. and make my odds of succeeding in MA's local music scene even worse.

Ok so far I've pointed out how I like them for the innovation pushing of instrumentation and deconstruction of popular pop and indie music. I've said how because of the mass wave of people who imitate this sound makes AC them selves more annoying for me. I've said it shows how deeply they're still connected to shitty music I don't like. Then the question is why not ignore those aspects and listen to them any ways? I do listen to them, I'm simply saying I often get turned off to the idea of listening to them regularly because 1. the majority of people that do are the before mentioned bastards of local music scene 2. I have gigs and gigs of recent music that I love listening to as well. Not to mention the 100 years of music that has been published before I was even born, and the music from before I got into the music, and the music from before I was in depth at listening to music.

Any ways, I wasn't guessing that much in saying the sp sampler growth. It's the dead truth and it's disgusting. I had gotten my sp-303 before I even realized AC used them. I was inpsired my Four Tet/J Dilla/Madlib to get mine. (Hip-hop scene is where AC got the influence too I feel) I would link to a horrendous youtube video of some local band to really show you how godawful of a fad it's created but the url to this thread might eventually show up and they might link this screen name to my music etc. and make my odds of succeeding in MA's local music scene even worse.

I think what I'm balking at is the idea that people's using a particular kind of sampler has that large of an effect on how good the music sounds. I'll grant it has some effect -- for instance, if they got their sounds just by using presets, the music would not sound as good -- but I don't think you should let it ruin the experience for you just because they happen to use this one sampler that a lot of other people use.

Archived