IGNORED

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think this album is over rated. I think it's a victim of the loudness war. I just can't get over what they did to No More Running.

I have to say I disagree about Lion in a Coma... so many other tracks that really do nothing for me... Also Frightened, Taste, Bluish... Actually Lion in a Coma was always one of my favourites from the album and still is.

Centipede Hz is far superior. Merriweather totally killed my love for AC, but Centipede Hz reminded me of how good this band can be.

I have to say I disagree about Lion in a Coma... so many other tracks that really do nothing for me... Also Frightened, Taste, Bluish... Actually Lion in a Coma was always one of my favourites from the album and still is.

bizarrely those are my favourite tracks on the album

that is where i spend most of my time. i come here to socialize in between finding out what music i am supposed to listen to. it's actually awesome now because i only listen to anything that is bnm'ed. make it so easy for me to know what to like.

i dont think there is anything wrong with it per se, it's just, at least for me, the fact that the beat is lifted straight from another song and they didnt really change it all. just seems lazy and a bit out of place to me.

here, listen to yitileni

http://itunes.apple....sini/id79615202

latest setlist looks niiiiice

Applesauce

Wide Eyed

Todays Supernatural

Honeycomb

Lion In a Coma

Moonjock

Pulleys

New Town Burnout

Monkey Riches

Brothersport

Peacebone

_ _ _

Cobwebs

My Girls

Amanita

Guest bitroast

does indeed look good (where's rosie oh, tho*n*).

they're playing live in my home town early 2013 at a (shitty) music festival. i'll definitely be catching them live this time round.

(last time they came, they played the same night as why? i saw why? and i regret it) :(:(:(

why? are great live - seen them 5 times over 10 years.

ac play the hollywood bowl with flying lotus on the 23rd..which is sunday night. probably sold out anyway. i said i wasn't going to see them again for awhile as they seem to play mostly new stuff last time but looking at that setlist above they now play the current album plus old stuff too. which is nice.

edit: tickets still available but i don't think its gonna be an intimate show so i'll wait for next tour

Guest bitroast

Hmm. The gig didn't do it for me. It was either during or just before eskimo snow, and the set was very why? being the singer style song heavy. Plus, the vocals and band performance didn't seem all that super strong(missing high notes during the tricky bits).

Maybe it was just me ''not feeling it' or something, but I really didn't enjoy it and it put me off his music for a good while or so:(

damn. i just saw them last month and they were on fire. perhaps not the best i've seen them but up there. opened with a new version of dirty glass. yoni pacing the stage. he even stage dived recently but not at the show i saw. felt bad for the people he landed on as i am sure they didnt expect it

i dont think there is anything wrong with it per se, it's just, at least for me, the fact that the beat is lifted straight from another song and they didnt really change it all. just seems lazy and a bit out of place to me.

here, listen to yitileni

http://itunes.apple....sini/id79615202

But they added a nice melody and harmony Beach Boys 'ooh's' and stuff. To me, that's enough to make it their own.

• 6 years later...

Archived