IGNORED

Sort of new song

Guest Demerzel

Guest Demerzel

This may seem an odd question but my headphones are totally fucked and I basically am needing to mix this one using a spectral analysis.

Composition itself not finished as you can no doubt tell by the half assed ending but how is the production here?

cheers.

Beware loud mix!

reminds me of mercury rev for some reason

Hehe, totally! I can hear that.

Great composition on this one, first off. Is the piano programmed? It sounds like it could use some (more) humanizing and dynamics to make it more convincing. If it was actually played, you're impressively consistent! Something more could be done with the stereo spread I think, but it's sort of difficult to say what. I think maybe I'm just accustomed to hearing piano recorded with two mics (one left, one right). I'd suggest trying a few other piano sounds. The overall EQing is quite good considering you don't have proper monitors. You should definitely invest in some, because you've clearly got very good ears and musical sensibilities. I think any suggestions I'd have for the mix would be almost nonsensical if you couldn't hear it yourself through the monitors you're using. It sounds pretty close. Very nice work.

Guest Demerzel
To be honest I've no idea who mercury rev are :P

Hehe, totally! I can hear that.

Great composition on this one, first off. Is the piano programmed? It sounds like it could use some (more) humanizing and dynamics to make it more convincing. If it was actually played, you're impressively consistent! Something more could be done with the stereo spread I think, but it's sort of difficult to say what. I think maybe I'm just accustomed to hearing piano recorded with two mics (one left, one right). I'd suggest trying a few other piano sounds. The overall EQing is quite good considering you don't have proper monitors. You should definitely invest in some, because you've clearly got very good ears and musical sensibilities. I think any suggestions I'd have for the mix would be almost nonsensical if you couldn't hear it yourself through the monitors you're using. It sounds pretty close. Very nice work.

Thanks, appreciated. Yeah it's most definitely programmed ;P I decided I'd play it in after I get the mix right. I'll see what I can do with the spread, because you're right, it does sound very sampled. I've had issues coming across a good piano sound.

Now to squeeze some drums into that mix... and with only one microphone, that will suck..

Archived