IGNORED

Let's interview Richard

Guest Betty

If we came up with some half-decent questions maybe some one who is in contact with him (Rephlex? Joyrex?) could forward them onto him via e-mail.

This is probably doomed to failure given the nature of Richard's media/publicity (non) approach lol... but at least this would be a thread with a purpose! Seriously, our fanboyishness would have to be less of a hassle to him than some of the pig-shit ignorant jounalists he has had to put up with over the years.

If did indeed answer the results could even become content for the site.

Content, remember content?

Plus, after an hour or so spent tapping out an e-mail response Richard will have satisfied his alloted media commitments for the next 3 or 4 years. THIS IS WIN-WIN PEOPLE!

First question: night or heat?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's the strangest place you've ever wanked in?

im gona answer that. ona beach ona big sand dune

During an eclipse right?

This is probably doomed to failure not because of Richard's media/publicity (non) approach but because of our inability to focus and be serious for a few moments.

Or is it niiiieeeet?

Also, should the interview be done with a 500ml tube of brown sauce? Written on sand (or something sand-like)? Do we need to supply the helicopter or does he already have one (in his bank in his tank)?

Guest bitroast

i'd just ask dumb shit like.. is it even possible to make music like drukqs, and not sit back and feel like the greatest electronic artist ever :P i was thinking about this earlier, what was going through his mind when he was working on songs like Mt. Saint Michel + Saint. Michaels Mount or 54 Cymru. asif he wasn't feeling a little smug.

was analord just a sneaky way of shifting the fans attention from 'silly dsp effects and electronic music, etc' to 'old school acid and old school analogue synths, etc etc'. or was it simply just aphex doing whatever he felt like and surely enough the majority of the electronic scene followed anyway.

Guest the televisor

pretty sure old richy looks on these forums all the time, its named after one of his songs FFS FFS FFS FFS FSFSFF

FOR FUCKK CKKKZZZ CKZCKZ FUC FUC U* SSAAAYYYYKKEEE

so hes already answeerd them in his head

Is Aphex Twin (i.e.Warp) dead and is your new alias (The Tuss) an effort to get recognised more for you music rather than the iconography and over exposure gained from the Chris Cunningham vids on MTV.

Was the ‘back to basics’ approach to Analord to get away from the manic glitchy laptop electronic music stigma that every other fucker was copying, because you prefer working with hardware or something else?

What new electronic artists have you been interested in lately?

What do you think of Venetian Snares?

Will you ever do another ambient album and on a similar subject was there ever talk about collaboration with Pete Namlook?

Where would you like to see Rephlex in the next 10yrs?

so hes already answeerd them in his head

Well, that's useful. Maybe he can write the questions as well.

Is Aphex Twin (i.e.Warp) dead and is your new alias (The Tuss) an effort to get recognised more for you music rather than the iconography and over exposure gained from the Chris Cunningham vids on MTV.

Was the ‘back to basics’ approach to Analord to get away from the manic glitchy laptop electronic music stigma that every other fucker was copying, because you prefer working with hardware or something else?

Will you ever do another ambient album and on a similar subject was there ever talk about collaboration with Pete Namlook?

Holy shit, proper questions!

THREAD CLOSED

pretty sure old richy looks on these forums all the time, its named after one of his songs

*goes looking for him at deathfuck forums*

Richard once agreed to do an interview, but then we had our falling out. Oh well. He probably can't be bothered to answer fanboy questions anyways.

Awwwwww!

Can't you make it up to him somehow?

Was the 'back to basics' approach to Analord to get away from the manic glitchy laptop electronic music stigma that every other fucker was copying, because you prefer working with hardware or something else?

i guess he would answer things like that:

1- i'm not The Tuss

2- pretty much. too many wannabes. make your own sound

3- J.K.

4- venetian what?

5- yeah i'd like to make a few more ambient albums in the future.

6- where it's already at.

1- i'm not The Tuss

3- J.K.

4- venetian what?

Half arsed statements and bullshit?

I think perhaps you're spot on :rolleyes:

Hey Joyrex how did you guys fall out btw?

Guest the televisor

[/size]

Was the 'back to basics' approach to Analord to get away from the manic glitchy laptop electronic music stigma that every other fucker was copying, because you prefer working with hardware or something else?

1- i'm not The Tuss

3- J.K.

4- venetian what?

your aphex

Guest HokusPoker

How could you fall out? Boy!

HAHA, that's funny.

If he's not willing to answer fanboy questions, let's ask him the questions our not understanding friends and relatives always have wanted to ask.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

WOULD YOU PLEASE TURN OFF THIS?

IS THIS AN ILLNESS?

WHERE IS THIS WORLD GOING?

I'd like to ask him if he's interested in a huge factory where hundreds of musicians are sitting and composing and he walks through the halls once a day and picks out something that has drawn his attention and release it under a new alias that only consists of the composer's internal factory id number (like "The Edge EP" by #U.2.).

Seriously, I bet he'd like it or hate it.

Archived