IGNORED

Let's interview Richard

Guest Betty

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you think of Venetian Snares?

He has already answered this one:

...hard big solid beats which puts venetian to shame,slow his tracks down to this tempo and they will sound thin cold and boring this sound big phat and chunky and has a lot of big balls id say...

Guest AOOproductions
Half arsed statements and bullshit?

I think perhaps you're spot on :rolleyes:

Hey Joyrex how did you guys fall out btw?

yes Joyrex! tell us for 1000000000th time!

Is Aphex Twin (i.e.Warp) dead and is your new alias (The Tuss) an effort to get recognised more for you music rather than the iconography and over exposure gained from the Chris Cunningham vids on MTV.

Was the ‘back to basics’ approach to Analord to get away from the manic glitchy laptop electronic music stigma that every other fucker was copying, because you prefer working with hardware or something else?

What new electronic artists have you been interested in lately?

What do you think of Venetian Snares?

Will you ever do another ambient album and on a similar subject was there ever talk about collaboration with Pete Namlook?

Where would you like to see Rephlex in the next 10yrs?

Good set of questions. I would hope for the 2 unreleased Aphex tracks from the Minehead set and the unreleased track from the Manchester set to be released under The Tuss alias.

More importantly, a 3rd Selected Ambient Works would be really good, but I can't really see him going back to those days. It seems that from the new stuff slowly being played into his live sets, he's still keen on that acid/Tussy sort of sound - which I can't complain about as I love that musical style he has adopted after the Analords.

Guest hahathhat

if aphex were to have me interview him, i would guarantee results. he'd tell me how serious the interview should be (e.g. a proper interview, or druqks-style etc) and i'd write up a wad of questions. he'd pick and choose the ones he liked, write replies. i'd write back a few follow-up questions. then i could edit it all down to a proper interview, send it to mr. james for feedback. he'd perhaps request some adjustments, then give it his stamp of approval. it goes off into the rephlex publicity behemouth~

anyways, point is, i don't even care what the questions are or if he just talks about baking scones, i'd love to do that. i feel i am the most qualified lad for this interview process, as i've written more fake aphex interviews than anyone else.

are you the tuss?

is music hard?

what kind of hardware do you use?

do you really have a tank?

do you really live in a bank? i bet it would suck if you locked yourself in the vault, lol

analogue bubblebath 5 is good! why haven't you released it?

do you like autechre?

do you like pink floyd?

do you like bob dylan?

do you like sudokus?

do you like squarepusher's new album?

if you were going to use a new alias, what would it be?

what's your favorite movie?

what would you do about the financial crisis?

do you play any instruments?

do you like choleric productions?

i heard that come to daddy was a joke. is that true?

i heard that you make your own hardware. why?

Guest hahathhat
I would like to ask him about 20 different animals showing him a picture of each one.

lolz, yeah, then give him a roschach test:

"what does this one look like?"

"COCK!!"

"how about this one?"

"COCK!!"

"...and this one?"

"Uh... COCK!!"

and so it would go.

are you the tuss?

is music hard?

do you really live in a bank? i bet it would suck if you locked yourself in the vault, lol

do you like autechre?

do you like pink floyd?

do you like bob dylan?

do you like sudokus?

A set of questions guaranteed to piss him off

are you the tuss?

is music hard?

do you like autechre?

do you like pink floyd?

do you like bob dylan?

do you like sudokus?

Yes he's the Tuss. All you have to do is listen, isn't it obvious?

He's stated in the past that he likes Pink Floyd (and Zeppelin).

Guest hahathhat

on that note, time to pull out An Internets Original

The Riced Out Yugo staff sent a list of INTERVIEW QUESTIONS to APHEX TWIN via MYSPACE. He elected to not respond to any of the questions we sent, but rather only to questions we did not send. The Riced Out Yugo staff is completely unsurprised by these results. Here, in its entirety, is a revolutionary Richard D. James interview, with all the questions he did not answer.

1. how can you best describe your hair policy?

2. if grandma were to storm the beaches of normandy, would you be opposed to this?

3. please tell us exactly what equipment you use, in one sentence or less.

4. the 80's: time for a revival, or never again?

5. every time you are asked about the tank in an interview, does a little part of you die?

6. what is tom jenkinson's terrible secret?

7. would you say your music makes operating an automobile with manual transmission more difficult?

8. were the virus-flavored tracks part of rephlex's revolutionary anti-piracy department?

9. would 'isopropanol' be a good theme for you when battletank cruisin'?

10. veganism? dvorak keyboard layouts? the furry fandom? bronze statuary? are you into anything weird like this, or are you pretty much a linear chap?

11. you've said you mic'd up your bank for effects. does this bother anyone else in the bank? did it prove an effective method for eliminating rodent problems?

12. have any pets? we hear irish wolfhounds are excellent for sniffing out grooves.

13. are you superstitious?

14. mac? pc? next? bebox? amiga? all five plus others, in diachronic tandem?

15. what do you think the future of the word depends on? how about the world of futures?

16. what should question sixteen be?

17. if you could ask us something, what would it be?

18. in light of recent oil supply issues in non-arab nations, have you converted your tank to run on used fryer grease?

19. is there anything in particular you'd like to make clear to your fans? anything from religious advice to warnings about bad chinese restaurants is game here

20. any parting words of wisdom?

http://www.ricedoutyugo.com/view.php?post=1141

Guest MajaIloveyou
back in 2001 afx asked joyrex what he thought of druqks. joyrex replied: "quite good."[/story]

Moar please.

if aphex were to have me interview him, i would guarantee results. he'd tell me how serious the interview should be (e.g. a proper interview, or druqks-style etc) and i'd write up a wad of questions. he'd pick and choose the ones he liked, write replies. i'd write back a few follow-up questions. then i could edit it all down to a proper interview, send it to mr. james for feedback. he'd perhaps request some adjustments, then give it his stamp of approval. it goes off into the rephlex publicity behemouth~

anyways, point is, i don't even care what the questions are or if he just talks about baking scones, i'd love to do that. i feel i am the most qualified lad for this interview process, as i've written more fake aphex interviews than anyone else.

You're hired! You are also hired to everything else such as track him down, liaise with the James estate, bake scones, etc, etc, so I continue sitting here watching DVD's and eating cheezy-poofs.

Archived