IGNORED

black metal

Guest Z_B_Z

ok, since watching the 'true norwegian black metal' documentary ive definitely been quite interested. the peroblem is, ive never been able to take this kind of music seriously. it all seems to be hinged on scare tactics surrounding christian religion. sure, i like sunn o)), but thats hardly true black metal. id like to take this music seriously. convince me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've always fantasized about going to a black metal concert and sneaking a football in so I could throw it onstage i mid-song. Figured it would confound them like throwing a square shaped wheel at a cave man.

I'm sure if I had found this type of music when I was a young impressionable youth that I probably would have fallen for it, since I had passed on bands like kiss and merciful fate because I didn't think the music lived up to the image. Not that BM does, but it takes itself seriously enough. Thankfully I found skinny puppy instead

on a side note, check this out. this is the guy from mayhem licking a severed pigs head and getting blood all over himself....and the kicker? he's a vegetarian lol go black metal!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

and here's a lol worthy interview with the bassist

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest telikan

Just ignore all bullshit and allow the jams to brutalize you. However, it is useful to use some awesome USBM that is generally ideology free to wade you into the Black Waters of Scandinavia.

poseur shit that rules:

KRALLICE

Xasthur

Weakling

Leviathan

Wodensthrone (UK)

Fuck any black metal with 'folk' elements though. So lame. I so wanted Wolves in the Throne Room to be awesome, but I can't stand that stuff.

keyboards don't work with metal = instant chez whiz

Alot of it is black metal guys spending more time on their pancake makeup than their orchestral arrangements.

a professor at my uni gave me props on my burzum shirt. cool moments in life

the same thing happened to me in college... but with a warp records t-shirt! at the time, he knew more about squarepusher than i did... he's the one that told me ceephax was his brother!

black metal is shit. metal is shit. BAH. They don't even deserve to be capitalized. I Only like a few things. metallica is meh aswell. MOO.

EH.

ANyway, Gorgoroth are great, so is Behemoth, and Drudkh.

the older shit is great but it gets tiring cause the production is shit, on purpose. i love it but i can't listen to it too much

and yes, a couple of the bands listen might be sub-genre'd into god knows where but they are pretty black metal

and if you want keyboards, check out Dimmu Borgir. They have a fucking electronic music producer on the keyboards, he is epic.

But typically blackmetal has no keyboards, Dimmu Borgir is classed as "Symphonic Black Metal"

Other bands that use a lot of keyboards, like Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, etc, are a lot more folk metalish and use them in a way which is relevant to the music.

And ps, no one said you had to take music seriously and most of the time when you do you're a dick.

black metal is shit. metal is shit. BAH. They don't even deserve to be capitalized. I Only like a few things. metallica is meh aswell. MOO.

EH.

ANyway, Gorgoroth are great, so is Behemoth, and Drudkh.

the older shit is great but it gets tiring cause the production is shit, on purpose. i love it but i can't listen to it too much

and yes, a couple of the bands listen might be sub-genre'd into god knows where but they are pretty black metal

and if you want keyboards, check out Dimmu Borgir. They have a fucking electronic music producer on the keyboards, he is epic.

But typically blackmetal has no keyboards, Dimmu Borgir is classed as "Symphonic Black Metal"

Other bands that use a lot of keyboards, like Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, etc, are a lot more folk metalish and use them in a way which is relevant to the music.

And ps, no one said you had to take music seriously and most of the time when you do you're a dick.

I was joking dood. :rolleyes:

Guest tv_party

I do like darkthrone, pity about the production on some of it though. I'm more into the really technical death anymore. Some of the metalcore type stuff has some nice passages but I can't stand a bunch of short haired dudes getting emo with the obligatory chuggy breakdown and mellow part.

Archived