IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

CHIP SHOP CHIPS

diet coke

same & the chips were banging, as an ex booze hound my sipping vintage is strictly DietCoke-2015, dint do fish or gravy or pies, just an unhealthy amount of salt & vinegar & those slices of deep fried spud wonder

no other nation can treat a humble spud so perfectly

Edited by cwmbrancity

Finally got around to cracking this open. Lovely on a brisk (for Vancouver) night.

attachicon.gifIMG_2771.jpg

I've had that same scotch actually! err... whisky.

Picked it up on the way home from hong kong airport. Did you like it?

Do they sell it in Canada?

Edited by StephenG

Finally got around to cracking this open. Lovely on a brisk (for Vancouver) night.

attachicon.gifIMG_2771.jpg

I've had that same scotch actually! err... whisky.

Picked it up on the way home from hong kong airport. Did you like it?

Do they sell it in Canada?

I imagine they must, I picked it up on the plane on the way back from Japan.

I like it very much, Hakushu produces some fine whiskeys. I wanted to get the Yamazaki 17yr old, but they only had the limited edition at duty free, that was about $400 CDN, so I gave it a pass this time lol.

Had the bowmore 12yr old last night. Very easy going scotch, not too heavy on the peat. Good for a light session.

Not one of those scotch and cigar deep philosophical conversation type scotches.

I've only had 2 Japanese Whiskeys and was quite pleasantly surprised both times. The Hakushu 12 year that you've got there, which I really really enjoyed. Also this guy here (https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/suntory-hibiki-17-year-old-whisky/), Hibiki 17 year.

If you haven't already tried it I highly recommend it, especially if you like easy drinking scotches (I find less peat = easier drink). The Hibiki trumped the Hakushu, for me though both were awesome. Easy on the peat, quite smoky, hint of sweetness (almost like a bourbon?). Good whiskey to have with or after a cigarette (not sure if that makes it a deep philosophical type scotch heh). If you ever have a chance I recommend you grab a bottle! They do a 12 year also which is about half the price though I've not tried it.

I'm not sure where to find Japanese Whiskey here in Calgary. Time to do some research! Sounds like Kensington Wine market has a good stock of Japanese Whiskeys, lots of Nikka distillery (which is Japan's oldest Whiskey distillery I believe?).

Also I'm now inspired to buy a bottle of scotch tonight lol. Maybe the Bowmore. =)

edit: disclaimer. I know absolutely nothing about Whisky or Scotch, just knew I enjoyed it haha

Edited by StephenG