IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

• 1 month later...

just ate korean tofu tacos, a bag of skittles, and a couple of pieces of holiday candy

I realize this was almost two months ago, but how were the tacos??

they're pretty tasty. i have lunch with a former colleague once a week and we always goto the same place (a korean taco shop called hankook). as a vagitarian the only regular item on the menu is the tofu but occasionally they will run specials (tempura avocado or tempura mushroom).

three tacos for about $7. hard to complain

just ate korean tofu tacos, a bag of skittles, and a couple of pieces of holiday candy

I realize this was almost two months ago, but how were the tacos??

they're pretty tasty. i have lunch with a former colleague once a week and we always goto the same place (a korean taco shop called hankook). as a vagitarian the only regular item on the menu is the tofu but occasionally they will run specials (tempura avocado or tempura mushroom).

three tacos for about $7. hard to complain

Sounds delicious. I've been vegetarian since Jan 17th myself. We have a Korean-Mex fusion restaurant too, but I've only eaten there once and can't remember if they have anything meatless on their menu. Of course, I'm sure it can't be that hard to make your own tacos in that fashion.

Salad consisting of -

Baby greens/micro greens

Green and red onion

Garbanzo Beans

Cherry Tomatoes

Shaved carrot and cucumber

Tofu

Hard boiled egg

Sunflower seed

Slaw consisting of bok choi, cabbage, broccoli and celery

Balsamic vinaigrette to dress it up.

This has been my staple lunch and dinner. With dinner I add some kind of soup and maybe a bit of home-baked bread that I've been futzing with lately. No-knead, dutch oven bread that is fermented slow comes out tasting like asiago cheese and sourdough with my latest starter. It's fucking lush and you all should get on that.

Salad consisting of -

Baby greens/micro greens

Green and red onion

Garbanzo Beans

Cherry Tomatoes

Tofu

Hard boiled egg

Sunflower seed

This has been my staple lunch and dinner. With dinner I add some kind of soup and maybe a bit of home-baked bread that I've been futzing with lately. No-knead, dutch oven bread that is fermented slow comes out tasting like asiago cheese and sourdough with my latest starter. It's fucking lush and you all should get on that.

Sounds like one bomb-ass super salad. Plus it's veggie friendly, at least if you're ovo.

Think I finally just perfected that banana avocado smoothie I mentioned in the SFWA/S thread. Good times.

Coffe milk made by self. I was off coffee all last week, so I'm allowed mebbe.

i don't think i've ever felt worse than i did when i caffeine detoxed

Salad consisting of -

Baby greens/micro greens

Green and red onion

Garbanzo Beans

Cherry Tomatoes

Tofu

Hard boiled egg

Sunflower seed

Sounds like one bomb-ass super salad. Plus it's veggie friendly, at least if you're ovo.

Think I finally just perfected that banana avocado smoothie I mentioned in the SFWA/S thread. Good times.

yeah man i dun think i can permanently give up eggs. i need to lay off the dairy tho. was raising my own hens for eggs for a bit but they got merked by some local predators while we were out of town one weekend =\

salad does sound pretty rad. i'd either probably lose the tofu and replace the boiled egg for fried.

@amber what prompted your conversion? did you watch earthlings?

Damn, sorry to hear about your hens Juice.

Having watched undercover videos of corporate factory farms last May is ultimately what triggered my decision. I was probably too dramatic and overbearing about it last summer though. Since then I was kinda on and off veggie until now. So it's ethical reasons primarily. But I've been noticing other positive effects too - weight loss, lower heart rate, fewer headaches, less fatigue, cleaner body, and easier sleep at night, to name a few.

And I saved a .jpg of your salad post Audioblysk, if that's alright.

And I saved a .jpg of your salad post Audioblysk, if that's alright.

Let it be a blessing upon thy house. I knight you Salad Lord of the Far North.

Have it with some lentil or vegetarian minestrone for full spectrum of yumz

:cerious: