IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

• 4 weeks later...

I made an experimental onigiri and washed it down with Russian Standard. The onigiri filling consisted of sour cream and caviar, so I call it a Sakhalin onigiri. Overall it wasn't bad, but caviar is expensive as shit

Just cooked a pack of instant Neoguri noodles for lunch, but added and egg, pre-marinated shrimp, and gochujang at the end and mixed it in. I used the cheapest possible shrimp from a 4-oz can, drained it, rinsed it, then used soy sauce, ginger powder, and sesame oil as a marinade, but also to get the stink out. As a cheap homemade meal it's great, especially when it's chilly outside.

14 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

Sainsbury's Apple Cider, it's only £2.50 for 4 so a real bargain, *takes a huge swig, spit takes* cough, cough, cough!!!!

Try the Sainsbury's Taste the Difference French Cider. Not very strong (maybe 4.2%) but tastes delish. Lovely autumnal drop.

3 hours ago, beer badger said:

Try the Sainsbury's Taste the Difference French Cider. Not very strong (maybe 4.2%) but tastes delish. Lovely autumnal drop.

Oooh thanks for the recommendation!!! I'll give it a go. 

Just for reasons of nostalgia, a pint of VB at the Newport Hotel, Fremantle. 

Actually it tastes better than I remember it used to (I’ll order a few more) Cascade and Coopers Red were always my favourite mainstream Australian brews. Boring beer fact, but at least you know (before I get kidnapped and hacked into small pieces by the latest Backpacker Killer)

• 2 weeks later...

Another batch of Japanese curry cooked in my Instant Pot, using combined Golden Curry and Vermont mix packs, plus added marinated tofu at the end, served with rice. God DAMN is it goooooood

For dinner I had a bagel split in two halves. Toasted, with cream cheese, local sockeye salmon that I smoked a week and a half ago, and topped off with a slice of tomato decorated with salt and pepper. Sublime.

Fremont Brewing "Field to Ferment" Fresh Hop Pale Ale (Citra + Amarillo version) -- it's fucking lush

(NGL way better than Fremen Brewing "Stillsuit to Ferment" Fresh Piss Pale Ale, huehuehue)

Edited by baph