IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

I've become obsessed with arugula in the past couple weeks. Always thought of it as kind of a specialty thing but it's been dirt cheap lately, in those clamshell containers of mixed salad greens. Just straight arugula at the same price point. Whatever particular nutrients are in this stuff, my body is just like fuck yeah gimme :emotawesomepm9:  It has so much intense flavour, I just eat it right out of the container.  I'm dieting right now and trying (mostly successfully) to completely cut sugar and processed foods for awhile, so that could have something to do with it. Things start to taste better with that shit out of your system.

• Like 1

Homemade Mac & Cheese but with puréed butternut squash instead of a béchamel sauce as the conduit for the cheese (gotta Trojan-Horse those veggies for the toddler in my life). It’s actually quite good. Just add a little extra salt and onion powder / garlic powder and you’re good. 

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

7 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

I've become obsessed with arugula in the past couple weeks. Always thought of it as kind of a specialty thing but it's been dirt cheap lately, in those clamshell containers of mixed salad greens. Just straight arugula at the same price point. Whatever particular nutrients are in this stuff, my body is just like fuck yeah gimme :emotawesomepm9:  It has so much intense flavour, I just eat it right out of the container.  I'm dieting right now and trying (mostly successfully) to completely cut sugar and processed foods for awhile, so that could have something to do with it. Things start to taste better with that shit out of your system.

If you haven't tried it yet, try the bowl of arugula with a splash of olive oil & vinegar, and some freshly-cracked black pepper and salt.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 1

Just found an undiscovered ice cream in the cornershop. It’s called the Nobbly Bobbly and is rather delicious 

730FBB20-2312-48F4-8202-FA6085E5D491.thumb.jpeg.cb27d78163d61bf54b493395ff344d6f.jpeg

062B15FA-D71C-442E-95E3-2DE562604A4F.thumb.jpeg.3faef18d2ecf55ba153e408544b0bd19.jpeg

reminds a little of the legendary Australian Gaylord  

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 6 months later...

Probably the last bbq of the year

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6228.jpeg

IMG_6229.jpeg

The Beast has devoured the beast. That's a Paulaner Oktoberfest beer. Perfect in the sunshine. 

Usually I'm cooking for half a dozen people so it was nice just to cook for myself. I'd usually have some potato salad and some corn on the cob but I'm supposed to be going out for a curry tonight!!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

had a bowl of gumbo i cooked this morning. was v delicious if i do say so myself. 

accidentally loaded it down with a lot of this pepper vinegar in it tho because they changed the bottles apparently…used to have just a teensy hole on top under the lid for dribbling a few drops at a time…i didn’t look after opening, like an idiot. :cat:

image.thumb.png.7c4381024c58f0f5175a8059ab0e2ed9.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stamppot rauwe andijvie and a pint of some kind of ale that came from one of those Lidl classic ales of yore packs. Both are being tasty. 
IMG_0639.thumb.jpeg.e655e1826c668879c967e367d097ab19.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Im in a heavy Noodle period atm! 

Eated a so god damn tasty Yaki Soba yesterday that I had to order 1 more plate right after I was finishing my first. 

Today I made my own Chili Noodles with little bit fresh green onion, coriander and cucumber decoration. 
This is made with Wheat Floor Noodles and are super tasty and spicy! Warning! 😚

20231115_160124.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, iococoi said:

Cosmic Crisp®

that is one

mf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Crisp

my fav apples by far

I just had a honeycrisp which I used to enjoy so much but now they seem a letdown compared to the cosmic lol

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

i cannot believe i am only just discovering the majesty of refried beans. you ever made refried beans? this is part of my ongoing frenzy of making and preparing tortillas - you can throw around a lot of different ingredients, but oh my fucking god to high heaven refried beans are the best food known to humanity. you can use any beans, i use black beans and sometimes pinto beans. you're just mashing them and cooking them down with plenty of salt, and with paprika/tabasco/lime juice it's even more crazy delicious.

what is the catch? sometimes on a lazy day i just cook the refried beans and eat them with bread rolls, you're getting instant comfort food AND you're getting protein. and i still haven't noticed a hidden catch? like are the police gonna come over to my house with a fuckin SWAT team because i made just a delicious meal that's so easy to make? COME AT ME YOU BITCHES.

refried beans. techniques and recipes on google/youtube. plenty of salt. refried beans.

I just randomly added white wine and olive oil to my carbonara sauce and it made it 2 times more delicious. Wonder what happens if I add garlic as well next time 

Edited by o00o

23 hours ago, Dragon said:

i cannot believe i am only just discovering the majesty of refried beans. you ever made refried beans? this is part of my ongoing frenzy of making and preparing tortillas - you can throw around a lot of different ingredients, but oh my fucking god to high heaven refried beans are the best food known to humanity. you can use any beans, i use black beans and sometimes pinto beans. you're just mashing them and cooking them down with plenty of salt, and with paprika/tabasco/lime juice it's even more crazy delicious.

what is the catch? sometimes on a lazy day i just cook the refried beans and eat them with bread rolls, you're getting instant comfort food AND you're getting protein. and i still haven't noticed a hidden catch? like are the police gonna come over to my house with a fuckin SWAT team because i made just a delicious meal that's so easy to make? COME AT ME YOU BITCHES.

refried beans. techniques and recipes on google/youtube. plenty of salt. refried beans.

^this is my Fred McGriff-style post btw. just thought i'd rub one out like in the good old days :wang:

coconut lime kombucha, kava tea combined with chinese black tea... after coffee toast and eggs. many beverages seem to be happening. 

except it's in a glass bottle

Humm_CL-O-Item__53030.1678149199.png?c=1

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...