IGNORED

call to participate: compilation celebrating Obama victory

Guest jbible

Experimedia invites artists to submit sound pieces to a free netlabel compilation celebrating the election of Barack Obama. All pieces considered for the compilation should be comprised of the voice of Obama and crowds from any of his speeches (a theme of positivity of course). Will get more organized details later after I catch up on some work I put aside while volunteering. Send links to submissions (mp3 320kb format for now) to info@experimedia.net with subject 'YES WE CAN'.

Considering the theme we want this to remain a free digital release rather than a physical release and we dont want an 80 minute time restriction so many can participate.

Submission deadline will be December 20th. Release date will be Inauguration Day January 20th 2009.

We are also considering looking into a charitable organization to invite downloaders of the comp to contribute directly to.

Here are some sound sources appropriate for this project including speeches given by Obama at the Democratic National Conventions in 2004 and 2008. His now famous "A More Perfect Union" speech and his "Victory Speech". There also various field recordings from victory walks in NY, Chicago, and Seattle so far. Will add more recordings as I acquire them.

http://projects.experimedia.net/obama

Archived