snd - ?

Guest fox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest telikan
WELL ONE THING'S FOR SURE --- IT WON'T BE electronic music

lol

is the new solo Mark fell record out yet?

It's a DVD, not an album. Basically a rendition of one of his art installations for sine waves and generative light sources. Should be out by the end of the month.

• 1 month later...
Guest moo duck

saw this personal top on pitchforx, 9th position

Luomo (Vladislav Delay)

In no particular order:

Erykah Badu: New Amerykah Part One: 4th World War

Al Green: Lay It Down

Tricky: Knowle West Boy

Ø (Mika Vainio): Oleva

Rihanna: "Disturbia"

MGMT: Oracular Spectacular

Metallica: Death Magnetic

Brian Blade & the Fellowship Band: Season of Changes

Forthcoming .snd album on Raster-Noton

AGF/Delay: Symptoms [bPitch 2009 release]

haha, funny man, so special people already listen to it. you know, even though he listed Rihanna, Metallica or himself, his opinion still means no shit yeah

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spraaaa
Due to numerous appeals from the fidget house community, the release of .snd's new album has been delayed by 6 months in order to press an additional 50,000 copies on 960-gram cdr. The first 100 copies will also include an 8" x 72' signed poster of Mark Fell and Mat Steel. A leak is still planned for early March.

The first 100 copies will also include an 8" x 72' signed poster of Mark Fell and Mat Steel.

lol. But yea, I'll buy it and I'll dwnld da leak I hope it comes out on vinyl too.

Guest telikan

It's pretty good-- I like it better than the 4,5,6 12"s , but i don't find it anywhere near as hypnotic as any other .snd or blir. Of all the new RN releases coming, I was least blown back by this one, probably because I didn't hold such high expectations for the others in comparison. New Atom™ is really refreshing, and even Pixel's new disc was surprising and different enough to stand out from his other two.

Guest telikan

Promo copies have been sold at shows since December-- I think a lot of things were planned on being released earlier, but now RN handed distribution over to Kompakt, so stuff's been going around in the transition.

Archived