IGNORED

watmm recipe swap

Guest thanksomuch

Guest thanksomuch

hello Watmm.

i am a foodstylist for a living, and i enjoy cooking. Tonight i sit here at work and there really isn't much going on, and i have a kitchen full of food. i was thinking of whipping up some treats for my coworkers during the day.

please post some of your favorite recipes!

here's one for you!

Thai Sweet Chili Cream Cheese

one block of cream cheese

1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce ( Mae Ploy is the best brand 31C041KAHFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg)

1/2 table chili flakes

pinch of salt and pepper

mix well with a blender and BOOm server it on bagels or with crackers!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ that cream cheese would kill my colon

a crappy version of bibimbap:

-mushrooms, assorted greens, ground beef, one or two eggs, rice, sesame oil, pepper paste

mix all that shit together. it tastes great

boring winter thing

thyme, rosemary, sage, bay leaf (EDIT: all fresh, not dried)

whole garlic cloves (half a bulb or more)

stock

onions

carrots sliced

whole mushrooms

lamb or beef (cheap cuts)

bacon/smoked pork (fatty)

potatoes

cream/milk

butter

cornmeal

slowly boil the garlic and carrots in the beef stock EDIT: and Worcestershire sauce .. [and water] with the herbs and garlic for 30 minutes (lid on, dutch oven) then (whilst that's still cooking)

fry up the onions, mushrooms and pork, add to the other stuff

then quickly fry the lamb or beef (grind black pepper all over it, or just grind black pepper in the other stuff, probably doesn't matter) until sealed, put to the side

fry some butter with some cornmeal and add that to the pan with the lamb or beef, cook for 30 minutes more

whilst that's doing boil the potatoes then peal and mash with the cream or milk and some butter

serve the stuff on the mash

crap recipe

I've got 2 if that's OK:

Authentic spaghetti alla carbonara - serves 2

2 eggs

Spaghetti

100g parmesan

3 rashers streaky bacon

Clove garlic

Put a pan of water on for the spaghetti, add some salt.

Cut the bacon into thin strips and fry with a bruised clove of garlic in some olive oil. Cook until crispy, remove clove when done.

Mix the eggs and most of the cheese and add some salt and pepper.

While the bacons cooking boil the spaghetti al dente, about 8 mins, then drain off the water, keeping half a cup of the water to one side.

Add the spaghetti to the bacon pan, which should be cooked and off the heat.

Then you add the egg mix to the warm spaghetti and bacon and give it a good toss. The spaghetti cooks the raw eggs, but not so much that it scrambles it.

Add some of the spaghetti water to get a silky smooth consistency.

Sprinkle the top with the leftover parmesan, bish bosh, done, eat.

Tips: serve on a warm plate because it cools down very quickly. The eggs shouldn't be too cold or it might get lumpy, you can always add some of the heated spaghetti water to to temper the egg mix. You can replace the egg whites with single cream if you want.

Did you know? spaghetti alla carbonara means 'spaghetti in the style of the coal miner;.

Very easy butternut squash soup - serves 2

1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed

1 veg stock cube

1tsp ground coriander

1tsp cumin

Boil the lot in 2 pints of water for 25 mins, then liquidise. Serve with some nice crusty buttered bread.

Lovely, warming and very filling comfort food for the winter months, with the added bonus of having no points if you're doing weight watchers.

Guest thanksomuch

1 veg stock cube

1tsp ground coriander

1tsp cumin

Boil the lot in 2 pints of water for 25 mins, then liquidise. Serve with some nice crusty buttered bread.

Lovely, warming and very filling comfort food for the winter months, with the added bonus of having no points if you're doing weight watchers.

i was thinking about doing a squash soup since we have like 100 squashing hanging around :o

Yes it does have points, you simply eat it in front of your girlfriend while she calls you a selfish pig.

1 veg stock cube

1tsp ground coriander

1tsp cumin

i was thinking about doing a squash soup since we have like 100 squashing hanging around :o

Get on it then hombre, they're in season and its bloody lovely - and you can do the same recipe with a pumpkin.

I just realised you're not a hombre, sorry, you're the female equivalent.

Guest thanksomuch
Yes it does have points, you simply eat it in front of your girlfriend while she calls you a selfish pig.

1 veg stock cube

1tsp ground coriander

1tsp cumin

Get on it then hombre, they're in season and its bloody lovely - and you can do the same recipe with a pumpkin.

I just realised you're not a hombre, sorry, you're the female equivalent.

it's ok holmes.

BUT LOOK I WAS NOT JOKING

cd90dd948c94.jpeg

Guest Thisket

Very absurd, deadly recipe that I sometimes make to show off at parties (and don't eat 'cause I got tha shugga):

1st layer:

1 box any appropriate cake mix

1 stick melted butter

1 egg

2nd layer:

1 pound powdered sugar

3 eggs

1 brick softened cream cheese

Mix both layers thoroughly and press 1st into bottom of normal 13x9 or whatevah-sized greased cake pan. Pour 2nd layer on top and bake at 350 for like, 50 minutes or whenever it appears done.

It's like incredibly dense cheesecake brownies, perfect for eating for breakfast cold.

acid1 marinara fork delite mania extreme XL UW SP TI EKT Pasta....

1) Boil about a cup of mostacholi in a pot of water with salt and olive oil.

2) Cook a small container of hunts tomatao sauce in a sauce pan on low-medium.

2.5) Add pepper, salt, garlic, oregano, onion, basil (fresh if you got it), and any left over meat (chicken or pork work the best, but hamburger meat is good too) to the sauce while its on simmering.

3) Once the pasta is soft, drain, add back into pot on low heat, pour in sauce + meat, and stir around (let sit for maybe 30 seconds)

4) Pour that shit out on a plate, and loud up an episode of The Sopranos.

Guest thanksomuch

ooow i think imma make the squash soup with roasted cubed potatoes and carrots, and i am going to make it a smokey southwest flavor!!

edit: i just found 6 more squash -_-

Guest thanksomuch
OMG MAKE MINE FIRST!!@!

i didn;t have anything to make brownies with ><

cd90dd948c94.jpeg

yummy - dont let it go to waste whatever you do

im absolutely starving now

trust me brother i am broke as a mother fucker and don;t get to eat much when i am at home. i ended up using the big butternut squash on the left, three of the acorn squahes and serveral small pumpkins. i also used three potatoes and many many carrots. it is quite tasty and i am so full :D

Guest thanksomuch
OMG MAKE MINE FIRST!!@!

i didn;t have anything to make brownies with ><

cd90dd948c94.jpeg

yummy - dont let it go to waste whatever you do

im absolutely starving now

trust me brother i am broke as a mother fucker and don;t get to eat much when i am at home. i ended up using the big butternut squash on the left, three of the acorn squahes and serveral small pumpkins. i also used three potatoes and many many carrots. it is quite tasty and i am so full :D

Archived