IGNORED

watmm recipe swap

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

melt eight snickers bars in the microwave and pour into a cooked pie crust, allow to cool

combine 3 cups flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt in mixing bowl

add sage, thyme, or other herbs of your choice

add 12 oz beer

knead

bake at 350 F for 45 min

---------

rip hole in slice of bread

put bread in nonstick pan

break egg into hole in bread

wait

flip it

wait

eat it (salt/pepper/hot sauce optional)

repeat until satisfied

• 3 weeks later...

i made an updated irish mammy classic today :D

posh sausages, mash, beans and eggs

sausages - get some EXCELLENT sausages from your butcher. don't ruin this with shitty sausages.

*fry on a high heat until the outside is sealed, then reduce the heat and cook til done

mash - do a basic colcannon.

*ingredients

six BIG floury spuds.

330ml cream

two big lumps of butter

salt and black pepper

2 small pungent onions, finely chopped

4 finely chopped cloves of garlic

two tablespoons of wholegrain mustard

a decent handful each of leftover parsnip, turnip, and cabbage

*method

boil spuds til JUST ABOUT done, then drain the water.

sprinkle with rough salt, toss about in the pot to roughen the exterior of the spuds.

leave uncovered for 5 minutes

meanwhile finely chop what needs finely choppin

add chopped ingredients, turnip, parsnip, and cabbage, and mash well

toss roughly in the pot, cover and leave for 5 minutes.

baked beans

* they're baked beans. i like heinz

eggs

* i poached em

* First: Lose the big pot of water. Instead, retrieve a medium-sized skillet (10-inch diameter) that has a lid. Fill the skillet with about 3 inches of water, put on high heat, and cover. Meanwhile, crack 3 eggs into 3 large eggcups or mugs.

* Second: Put all cups of eggs on a plate, and have them convenient to the stove. When the water in the skillet boils, remove the cover. Add one tablespoon of plain vinegar to the water, and some salt. Vinegar helps the egg to hold its shape. Without it, the eggs will become skeins of protein tangling up in the water.

* Third: Lower the lip of each egg-cup 1/2-inch below the surface of the water. Let the eggs flow out. Immediately return the lid to the pan and turn off the heat. Cook for 3 minutes for medium-firm yolks. Adjust the time up or down for runnier or firmer yolks. While the eggs cook, you have time to serve up the rest of the food. Lift each poached egg from the water with a slotted spoon, but hold it over the skillet briefly to let any water clinging to the egg drain off.

Guest abusivegeorge
Starting from the bottom of a pan:

* lasagne sheet

* cheese

* lasagne sheet

* bbq sauce

* tuna

* lasagne sheet

* cheese

chuck in oven for 25, easy

That sounds fucking lush, I also make spaghetti bolognese using Tuna, as mother doesn't like beef.

chimichurri pork. this is the ill shit.

6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced

2 jalapenos, seeded and minced

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

About 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

About 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh oregano leaves

3 limes, juiced

1 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns

2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), trimmed of excess fat, patted dry

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Extra-virgin olive oil

Lime juice, for drizzling

Parsley sprigs, for garnish

Directions

Combine the garlic, jalapeno, vinegar, parsley, oregano, and lime juice in a food processor. slowly add in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside at room temperature to allow the flavors to marry.

Reserve 1/2 cup of the chimichurri to serve and marinate the pork in the rest. Put the pork and marinade in a sealable plastic bag and set aside in the refrigerator for 3 hours.

Preheat an outdoor charcoal grill or oven broiler to high.

Remove the pork from the marinade, wiping off any excess. Season both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill the pork on the hottest part of the barbecue for 4 minutes per side, until well charred. Allow the tenderloin to rest for about 5 minutes prior to slicing. Spoon some chimichurri over the meat, drizzle with lime juice, garnish with parsley, and serve with the remaining sauce at the table.

• 1 year later...

here is the watermelon salsa that i posted in the wrong thread the other day.

2w3cr4l.jpg

big hunk of watermelon diced into about 1/2 inch

1/2 red onion diced

huge fist full of cilantro chopped

finely diced jalapeño (1-2 depending on your spice level)

salt and pepper to taste

serve it chilled with any kind of tortilla chips. its very refreshing. the jalapeno/watermelon combo is killer. i say go heavier than you would on the heat because its instantly cooled by the watermelon.

recipe bonus: after the salsa is gone, combine the remaining juice with vodka and ice and mix well in a shaker for a rocking watermleon-jalapeno martini. garnish with sprig of cilantro.

come on watmm, gimmie some stuff to slap on my grill.

Guest uptown devil

big hunk of watermelon diced into about 1/2 inch

1/2 red onion diced

huge fist full of cilantro chopped

finely diced jalapeño (1-2 depending on your spice level)

salt and pepper to taste

serve it chilled with any kind of tortilla chips. its very refreshing. the jalapeno/watermelon combo is killer. i say go heavier than you would on the heat because its instantly cooled by the watermelon.

sounds awesome, think i might need to give it a go this weekend. seems like some chopped up mint leaves would be a necessary addition.

recipe bonus: after the salsa is gone, combine the remaining juice with vodka and ice and mix well in a shaker for a rocking watermleon-jalapeno martini. garnish with sprig of cilantro.

genius.

genius.

definately. like your style!

Do any of you mexicans or texans or whatever have a decent recipe for Mole Poblano?

I can't remember writing this and I have no idea what Mole Poblano is.

Guest uptown devil

Do any of you mexicans or texans or whatever have a decent recipe for Mole Poblano?

tumblr_ld4vh9yfRg1qbogpyo1_500.jpg

Guest theSun

melt eight snickers bars in the microwave and pour into a cooked pie crust, allow to cool

this is good in the desert also as a sort of sweet nutty hot chocolate

lol

<!--quoteo(post=1064681:date=Jun 14 2009, 02:35 AM:name=verticalhold)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (verticalhold @ Jun 14 2009, 02:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1064681"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Starting from the bottom of a pan:

* lasagne sheet

* cheese

* lasagne sheet

* bbq sauce

* tuna

* lasagne sheet

* cheese

chuck in oven for 25, easy<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That sounds fucking lush, I also make spaghetti bolognese using Tuna, as mother doesn't like beef.

eeuur

eurrerghhh

bleuuuuuuuuuuuurGHHHH

hahh? haa hoo.

BLEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUERRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH

http://www.fronterafiesta.com/cook/meat-poultry-pork/272-smoky-peanut-mole-with-grilled-pork-loin.html

Not Mole Poblano (Mole sauce made from Poblano peppers, versus Ancho peppers), but still very tasty sounding.

hungarian goulash, serves 6

ingredients:

1 kg beef chuck

1 tsp salt

2 onions, white or yellow

2 tbsp lard or shortening

2 tbsp imported sweet paprika (most important to use real hungarian paprika for ultimate flavor)*

2 bay leaves

1 litre water

4 peeled and diced potatoes

1/4 tsp. black pepper

cut beef into 1 inch squares, add 1/2 tsp salt.

chop onions and brown in shortening, add beef and paprika.

let beef simmer in its own juice along with salt and paprika for 1 hr on low heat

add water, diced potatoes and remaining salt

cover and simmer until potatoes are done and meat is tender.

prepare egg dumpling batter:

1 egg

6 Tbsp. flour

1/8 tsp. salt

add flour to unbeaten egg and salt and mix well.

let stand for 1/2 hour for flour to mellow.

drop by teaspoonful into goulash

cover and simmer 5 minutes after dumplings rise to surface

serve hot with dollops of sour cream.

*widely available in eastern european stores, at least in ireland

http://www.fronterafiesta.com/cook/meat-poultry-pork/272-smoky-peanut-mole-with-grilled-pork-loin.html

Not Mole Poblano (Mole sauce made from Poblano peppers, versus Ancho peppers), but still very tasty sounding.

Thanks, I can offer you some pease pudding in return. It's a bit like Geordie hummus.

Archived