IGNORED

Sunken Foal

Caretstik

After a (very) small cash windfall I decided to bleep this today after dithering for ages. Glad I did, it really is a lovely album. Sounds pretty accomplished to me and I think I'm going to have it on rotation for a while now.

Any more love on WATMM? I'm guessing so, forum search brought up the recent purchases thread but I can't be arsed to sift through 50-odd pages.

I enjoy it, and will more with time....

but Glass Plate...

listen to the iTAL tEK lp, and the new Neil Landstrumm lp on µ and especially 'Take You Back' by Matty G before you say another word about dubstep......

you have no idea what you are talking about....

and then to make a generalized statement about a genre with 100's of artists, who mostly have their own sound.....is like a dumb ass saying they don't like Country, Hip Hop or Drum 'n' Bass because they have never heard any good artists in those genres....

it is exactly like that!

and for the record Sunken Foal is nowhere near as good as Grizzly Bear, whom they sound too much like.....

Guest Glass Plate

listen, i have like 40+ dubstep albums on my computer, every thing from kode9 to vex to distance to ital tek, I don't like any of it. The only stuff I've liked is Quatra330's 8bit dubstep covers.

Guest Glass Plate
hmmmmm....

whatever then........

oh but wait...

Why the fuck do you have 40 dubstep records?

well maybe a little less, and downloaded, and because I keep trying because people talk about it all day like it's good and stuff, same thing happened to me and flashbulb, and I never found anything I liked.

Really like Fallen Arches. Reviewed it recently.

Sounds just like Grizzly Bear? WTH?

Nice piece, I agree that it's really impressive for a debut. I can't quite place what it reminds me of, but I can't see the Grizzly Bear thing myself either.

Listening to On Platinum Rays right now, fucking great.

ok ok a better comparison...

'Magic Radios' by Morgan Caney and Kamal Joory (Geiom)

much better record.....

and if Sunken Foal hasn't heard that record I am Ronald McDonald.........

I still think they are the Grizzly Bear of µ........

• 3 months later...
Guest bitroast

yeah. compairing it to grizzly bear seems a bit silly, sure you didn't just listen to quick samples of each before making the connection ? :P

anyway, bumping this thread cos this is some sweet stuff.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

this is awesome. to be honest, I'd like to hear another ambulance album. but this is the next best thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived