IGNORED

Twin Peaks

Squee

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is/was so 1950s hot.

My fantasy is that one day she'll be in my kitchen wearing a typical 50s dress and an apron, baking a cake and then without warning I smear custard all over her...

from beginning to end I love it all....recorded almost all of the eps on vhs when they were airing, so I have all these commercials from the early 90's with no cgi in them, very strange, and all of the news casters (that are still around) from Dallas look odd, vhs is a time machine.....and Wyndham Earle ruined nothing!!!

I forgot the 'Pink Room' (according to the soundtrack CD) sequence in 'Fire Walk With Me' (Jacques being an uberlech, and the dialogue all but drowned out by some major Badalamenti) - fucking INCREDIBLE.

• 5 months later...
season 1 > season 2

big time.

The cliffhanger from season 1 to season 2 was pretty spectacular, however.

The first and last episodes of season 2 were near perfect but almost everything in between was pretty lame.

This. just to repost what I accidently posted in the films thread;

I just started watching Twin Peaks again, and it was basically the same as I remember it when I watched it on TV as a teen. First season is superb, but everything after gets progressively worse. I'm on episode 16 or something and I think I'll stop here...

It sucks that by 35 years old you basically have x-ray vision when it comes to plot devices, mcguffins, red herrings, padding to draw things out, etc. It's more obvious to me at this age when they switch writers or add something to manufacture drama.

Somewhere there's a photo of me in high school with what amounts to a mullet, holding nunchucks, and wearing an "I killed Laura Palmer" t-shirt. If I ever go back to my parent's house I'll try to find it, scan it and post it, lol.

Oh, and I agree with Squee, for pure radiant beauty, Madchen Amick (sp?) all the way.

Also if Kyle McLaughlan gets his way, they have to have Lara Flynn Boyle play the new Bob:

lara_flynn_boyle.JPG

I started watching this again a few weeks ago. I forgot how hilarious some of it is.

And yeah Mädchen Amick has got my vote. I'm a sucker for lips like that.

26168.jpg

Guest zaphod

i'm sure my idm stock will go way down for this but i've actually never watched a single episode of this show

well, go to cbs.com or fancast.com and watch the fucking show you bitch.

lol, I have 4 episodes before I finish the 2nd season. Its hard to do....

i'm sure my idm stock will go way down for this but i've actually never watched a single episode of this show

You can still make it! I knew about the series but had never seen a single episode of it either until 3-4 years ago. As mentioned by Lumpenprol, the first season is fantastic. Second season starts out pretty damn good as well, but then it goes downhill half way through right until the very last episode which Lynch directed himself.

Even though the series is about 19 years old it's still a great watch - just keep in mind that some of the "fun stuff" can be quite painful to watch.

I started watching this again a few weeks ago. I forgot how hilarious some of it is.

26168.jpg

I'm pretty damn sure she had her lips fixed.

the show got aired on tv here a while ago, first time i've seen them

and holy fuck, i loved it

yes, the second season wasn't so good .... but you got to admit, the last episode made up for it all

26168.jpg

I'm pretty damn sure she had her lips fixed.

she was beautiful in TP but looks skanky in that photo.

DR_Eve1.jpg

261475~Madchen-Amick-Posters.jpg

madchen_amick_weird_face.jpg

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2005/05/25/madchen-amick/

I'm on the half of the first season, and it's great. Twin Peaks wins every series.

Is this your first time? :tongue:

Second actually. The first was around 20 years ago, when my family was watching it. It scared the shit out of me.

Archived