IGNORED

Twin Peaks

Squee

No way man, otherwise we'd miss one of my favourite bits in the whole series :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdTex8Ga1Mo

Ah, good ol' slapstick. I love his monkey/puppet like 'dance' he does.

Someone should have notified the editor and told him that 1 minute and 26 seconds of goofing around might be a bit too much.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gordon_cole_with_hand_over_face.jpg

COOP! YOU REMIND ME OF A SMALL MEXICAN CHIHUAHUA!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I TRY MY HAND AT A LITTLE COUNTER ESPERANTO!

gordon_cole_with_hand_over_face.jpg

COOP! YOU REMIND ME OF A SMALL MEXICAN CHIHUAHUA!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I TRY MY HAND AT A LITTLE COUNTER ESPERANTO!

Gordon is a great character. More Gordon, less Andy.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

my wife thinks twin peaks was funny because of the other writers, and this balanced lynchs dark shit. I don't think so but have no proof. I think lynch has a sense of humor. None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe. thoughts?

I think lynch has a sense of humor. None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe.

Well, this isn't very well known, but Lynch had made ANOTHER show for ABC right after Twin Peaks, a very weird sitcom called On The Air

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Air_(TV_series)

he only wrote 2 and directed 1 episode, but it goes to show that he does have a (very weird) sense of humour, the first episode even contains slapstickesque elements.

you can get these episodes at surrealmoviez.info in anyone's interested

but if you meant if he uses humour in his "dark" works, there's this scene from Mulholland Drive that comes to mind about that clumsy assassin, wich is more of a dark type of comedy i guess

I think lynch has a sense of humor. None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe.

Well, this isn't very well known, but Lynch had made ANOTHER show for ABC right after Twin Peaks, a very weird sitcom called On The Air

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Air_(TV_series)

he only wrote 2 and directed 1 episode, but it goes to show that he does have a (very weird) sense of humour, the first episode even contains slapstickesque elements.

you can get these episodes at surrealmoviez.info in anyone's interested

but if you meant if he uses humour in his "dark" works, there's this scene from Mulholland Drive that comes to mind about that clumsy assassin, wich is more of a dark type of comedy i guess

never heard of it how odd. surrelmoviz won't let me register. tell me validatin code is incorrect. i'll look elsewhere. thanks

ah christ even worse i finally manage to sign up and its spit into 100 rars on radioshare. 1 a day? fuuuuck

ah christ even worse i finally manage to sign up and its spit into 100 rars on radioshare. 1 a day? fuuuuck

this put me off at first too, but just get Jdownloader, c/p the links in there and it will download automatically

what do you mean 1 a day? did rapidshare change policy? you usually have to wait 15 min or so

• 4 years later...

my wife thinks twin peaks was funny because of the other writers, and this balanced lynchs dark shit. I don't think so but have no proof. I think lynch has a sense of humor. None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe. thoughts?

lynch made a slapstick comedy around the time he was doing twin peaks called 'on the air'. also, he used to a do a "comedic" weather report where he gives you the weather for los angeles

http://youtu.be/By9d_0wBvLM

lynch made a slapstick comedy around the time he was doing twin peaks called 'on the air'. also, he used to a do a "comedic" weather report where he gives you the weather for los angeles

http://youtu.be/By9d_0wBvLM

This made me agree with jimmy's wife, btw.

Jimmy, if you happen to stumble into a discussion about this issue with your wife again, please tell her she has a point and that at least one person at watmm agreeing with her counts as definit proof for her hypothesis.

None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe. thoughts?

I'd say there's some slapstick stuff in his humour - the scene where the man gets in that cramped office block in Mulholland Drive, the lighting directions (from Lynch himself) in INLAND EMPIRE, I'm sure there's something in Lost Highway but I forget now. Definitely was the most slapstick in Twin Peaks though -

(was trying to find the stepping on plank one)

None of lynchs other work is slapstick funny though, some is bizarre humor maybe. thoughts?

I'd say there's some slapstick stuff in his humour - the scene where the man gets in that cramped office block in Mulholland Drive, the lighting directions (from Lynch himself) in INLAND EMPIRE, I'm sure there's something in Lost Highway but I forget now. Definitely was the most slapstick in Twin Peaks though -

(was trying to find the stepping on plank one)

I dunno if this would be considered slapstick funny, but the tailgate scene from Lost Highway is pretty fucking hilarious

ive never seen twin peaks. im old enought that i should have by now. i watched that movie and it was confusing.

You fucked up.

Aye you did ! Should've taken the advice of this prick - http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2YEDPQSQJ55I0/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001LNW2KQ&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283926&store=dvd

Archived