IGNORED

Hardware reverb

posture

I'm looking for a Quadraverb (vanilla) but might be able to go for a Quadraverb 2 for the same price. did some of you could compare those two reverbs? according to a quick internet search Q2 should be cleaner, more versatile. I fear it lacks character in comparison to the original one, which might be noisier but is apparently a classic (which I guess means there's a special character to it).

what does watmm think?

Strymon Big Sky pedal.

Not exactly budget but not expensive for such a high quality piece.

Great reverb. My friend bought one and it's so lush.

I'm looking for a Quadraverb (vanilla) but might be able to go for a Quadraverb 2 for the same price. did some of you could compare those two reverbs? according to a quick internet search Q2 should be cleaner, more versatile. I fear it lacks character in comparison to the original one, which might be noisier but is apparently a classic (which I guess means there's a special character to it).

what does watmm think?

I did the same search several years ago, and found most of the people get the Quadraverb plus instead for maintaining the character while getting more features.

I have the OG Quadraverb and I like the sound a lot but I occasionally wonder about the extra routing and stuff in the Plus. I don't know if I'll ever get one but if given the choice probably would have got that instead. Anyway, great verb, easy to dial in something tasty and the MIDI control is nice too.

Got an Eventide Space on its way to me, can't wait to get it! Demos on Youtube sound amazing

I picked one up a couple weeks back

It's almost overwhelming the amount of diverse presets and edit'ability it has, defo deserves time put aside to sit down and understand/figure it out...which i have not done

too expensive to simply dial in a random preset and use that as your verb...which is what i'm doing :emb:

Edited by TRiP

• 6 years later...

I've still got some stuff I can try to get the V-Verb working again but if it's going to be permanently a digital i/o only box now (and I no longer have digital i/o) it might be time to get on the bandwagon and save up for a Quadraverb while they're still relatively obtainable.

I’ve been using the Korg NTS as a little effect unit and it’s pretty lush - if you add some other ‘plugins’ some allow them to be added into the ‘wrong’ slots building some interesting chains. The stock effects are decent though and can be clocked in a few ways which makes it quite flexible for a small box.

recommended

On 10/20/2014 at 10:04 AM, Skeletron said:

I have a MIDIVERB II and Quadraverb returning to channels on my mixer so I can chain them together if I wish. It's been working nicely.

I had a Midiverb II and got rid of it stupidly!

Zoom MS70 CDR. Loads of modelled studio verbs (like Eventide Black Hole etc) you can chain together, plus compressors, phasers, delays etc - all for £100.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:21 PM, granty said:

Zoom MS70 CDR. Loads of modelled studio verbs (like Eventide Black Hole etc) you can chain together, plus compressors, phasers, delays etc - all for £100.

Yeah - I like mine which has now got the custom option of loading the stomp boxes etc and amps - not legally but an option exists.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:47 PM, Grain Bastard said:

Yeah - I like mine which has now got the custom option of loading the stomp boxes etc and amps - not legally but an option exists.

Didn't know about that! Will investigate...