On 1/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, TubularCorporation said:

In all my previous wiki & youtube wormholes on the KLF and offshoots ..i never once came across this album!   (and was too young to know it existed at the time).

Bloody hell, all the clues were there from the start, absurd, earnest and full of humour right from the start....cant stop listening to Julian Cope Is Dead!

2 hours ago, Sensitive Outsider said:

In all my previous wiki & youtube wormholes on the KLF and offshoots ..i never once came across this album!   (and was too young to know it existed at the time).

Bloody hell, all the clues were there from the start, absurd, earnest and full of humour right from the start....cant stop listening to Julian Cope Is Dead!

It's one of the easiest, cheapest KLF-related records to get hold of, too, maybe $10-$15 last I checked although with what's been happening to vinyl prices this year who knows. I learned about it/bought it about 4 years ago when I was on a big KLF kick. Pretty sure it's the only non-bootleg KLF full length I've ever owned (I have The White Room but it was really cheap so I assume it's a fake).

Related:

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 11:57 PM, Rubin Farr said:

If you’ve never seen Cauty’s artwork from the 70s, it’s impressive 

EC309E6D-FDCF-45B5-8FC6-08C3BC9C58A4.jpeg

Yeah, lol. I used have this hanging on my wall as a kid/teenager. I got it from a friend as a birthday gift. Imagine my surprise when I had joined the KLF mailing list sometime in the 90s and someone mentioned that a LotR poster was designed by Jimmy Cauty and then I went to check the poster on my wall and sure enough there was his signature.?

But it was a really popular poster at the time in the 90s. It was sold everywhere.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Since watching this doc it always seemed like 'The KLF' killed 'The KLF'. This scene onwards seems to be the sad realisation that they may well have fucked it:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Since watching this doc it always seemed like 'The KLF' killed 'The KLF'. This scene onwards seems to be the sad realisation that they may well have fucked it:

I read an interview with Bill where he said eventually he regretted it, especially when his kids went to university, ouch. Whereas Jimmy married Alannah Currie, so I’d bet they’re well off.

44 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Haven't watched this in years I really wanted to watch that other film/doc Phil Drummond did I used to see the promotional graffiti he did for it all the time

Edited by milkface