IGNORED

AFX playing Bloc Weekend with Hecker

Solo Strike

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says "live" next to artists that are playing live. I'd expect another DJ set with the occasional unreleased track from AFX Labs Inc. thrown in for good measure. Pairing up with Hecker is just setting me up for disappointment personally.

Think I'll make the trip for the rest of the lineup though, wow. FSOL will be a treat.

So far I've got 95% chance ktpa-sine-wank; 5% chance mind-blowing. I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive but neither RDJ nor Tim Hecker give a shit about giving fans what they want. No one gives a shit really, i.e. Just A Souvenir, Quaristice, etc. but that's a different story/forum.

Guess it depends on what mood they're in. Hecker's been entering a newer space in the last few years. If it wound up being AFX on beats and Hecker on the ethereal side, some sort of funky Autechre like symbiosis, that could be something special.

i spoke to hecker recently and he mentioned that along with richard, he was working on a midi compatible table-tennis table and bats for a live performance

i know that richard is shit hot at ping pong and presumably hecker is too for him to be working on this

he kept talking about "uncertainty algorithms" and how the bats have an "impregnated neural network" it was all a bit too mind boggling for me

So far I've got 95% chance ktpa-sine-wank; 5% chance mind-blowing. I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive but neither RDJ nor Tim Hecker give a shit about giving fans what they want. No one gives a shit really, i.e. Just A Souvenir, Quaristice, etc. but that's a different story/forum.

Guess it depends on what mood they're in. Hecker's been entering a newer space in the last few years. If it wound up being AFX on beats and Hecker on the ethereal side, some sort of funky Autechre like symbiosis, that could be something special.

... it's not Tim Hecker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florian_Hecker

lol @ LUDD

Noticed bloc weekend was reading this topic a second ago. Guess he didn't want to correct any of the speculation that it's just going to be another DJ set (or ktpa wank) Not holding my breath, then...

another Aphex gig... :aphexsign:

Solo Strike, are you going? You are a good candidate for some proper track identification

Not going, I've got Bangface weekend tickets. I will say this year Bloc is providing immensely strong competition though. Seeing this is a collab performance I wouldn't expect too many track ID's ;)

Archived