IGNORED

AFX playing Bloc Weekend with Hecker

Solo Strike

good stuff guys. for those who dont know hecker's new album for editions mego 'Hecker: Acid In The Style Of David Tudor', has gone into production.

according to the promo info ''As the title suggests this album is referencing the parallel universes of modern 20th century composition and hedonistic rave culture. A challenging but ultimately rewarding set of Electronic Music compositions which push these two reference points into unknown areas.''

:arrr:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a few unreleased sounding bits. They sounded a lot more repetitive than Tuss stuff, sort of flowing acid business. Good stuff, but nothing amazing. My memory is normally a little off with these things though, it's hard to take in every little detail of a 2 hour set.

Watching those videos I'd forgotten he dropped some Zomby into Quoth. Fucking banging!!

whats that DnB track at 6:06 in the long video?

as i posted before, he played this tune also at atp in 2007. sounds like something unreleased by him!

new footage is on: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=aphex+twin+hecker :smile:

so those awesome wobbly saw-wave swells in the bloc set, can those be heard in the background in the beginning of the set you posted? I can't tell. But yeah there is a certain part of the beat that is the same but then I have trouble matching up the two songs.

EDIT: I hear it now. the atp one is a like a version thats futher on in the song. My bad, the video is not at 6:06 its at 5:30 when the song starts.

Guest Glass Plate

I feel like some times people are forgetting that Hecker was playing stuff too when they're commenting this. the "original aphex material" could easily just be stuff from Hecker's half. I don't know though.

I JUST WANT TO HEAR THE WHOLE THING IN NON-VIDEO CAMERA QUALLITY! >:U

Guest griever
whats that DnB track at 6:06 in the long video?

as i posted before, he played this tune also at atp in 2007. sounds like something unreleased by him!

new footage is on: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=aphex+twin+hecker :smile:

so those awesome wobbly saw-wave swells in the bloc set, can those be heard in the background in the beginning of the set you posted? I can't tell. But yeah there is a certain part of the beat that is the same but then I have trouble matching up the two songs.

EDIT: I hear it now. the atp one is a like a version thats futher on in the song. My bad, the video is not at 6:06 its at 5:30 when the song starts.

i like how that track sounds, very "hardcore aphexy" :smile:...

So did that mad backpack actually do anything?

funnily enough i think it did. i left due to the monster but i think its made by a norfolkian lad who made the rig used by the sofas. hes made one before.

apparently he was worried it might catch fire because he wired it funny.

Guest David R James
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest griever
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

WTF richard, what's going on with you??? never saw him throwing his hands up and pumping fists like this. go on like this afx :aphexsign:!!!

Guest David R James

WTF richard, what's going on with you??? never saw him throwing his hands up and pumping fists like this. go on like this afx :aphexsign: !!!

It appears he has lost his planetary super powers and become a real human being.

anyone notice the intro sound of the unreleased aphex track at 31 seconds in? (it lasts 2seconds)

here is the tune,

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ge63k3

:)

Archived