IGNORED

Tim Exile - Listening Tree

Guest Idrn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it is, good eye!

Looking forward to this....

even though I love his previous style....

I think he's been listening to too much Gary Numan/Tubeway Army....

as have I......

EDIT: I don't mean to get on a huge diatribe but I couldn't help it when I saw that Tim's "friend" JE:5 said that "Family Galaxy is quite possibly one of the best pieces of electronic music I've ever heard! Respect!" I know he's being bumlicky because it's Tim's own MySpace but it reminds me that WATMM may be more of an island than I thought. You go to Flashbulb forums and see bullshit like "The razor was to my wrist until I hear Benn Jordan's glorious manna from on high. Now, I can't go a day without listening to his glory!!!" and then, "Family Galaxy" is a great track but would you make the same statement? There seems to be this huge legion of Deadmau5, Flashbulb, Justice, (maybe) Tim Exile folks who are like..."This is the best shit EVAR this is the pinnacle of electronic music!!" without regard to the history and the greats. You say, "what about Aphex Twin?" and they'll say "yeah, freaky, Come to Daddy, that one video with the limo, weird, huh?" Nevermind me, it's a melancholy Sunday morning and I should probably get off Tim's thread because he genuinely deserves good things and I should decrease my "hatin'" for the 09. Sometimes I thing cardiac arrest is around the corner at anytime because of my hatin' and attitudes.

I wouldn't put Exile in the same category as Flashbulb, Justice, (never have heard deadmau5, probably never will)....

I should accent your maybe, but I would not say maybe......

I love his first record and live record on µ and a second 'Gabaret Lounge' set I dwnlded.....

he is an amazing musician who knows how to produce and program better than most.....

but you are right, people should be aware of the early creators to be a well-rounded electronic music fan......

and have heard the Aphex Twin......

I thought Pro Agonist was a great record, although it got a little stale towards the end. I'm not sure about these samples though, the vocals sound forced and unnecessary and ruin it for me

so tim exile fans are the sort of people who are "i.d.m"-ignorant and pleased easily by unsophisticated sounds, and that because of this, he is comparable to flashbulb and deadmau5 (and that a degree of disdain for the enthusiasm and 'hype' is what any right-thinking electronic music fan should display). i cant help but think xxx has wholly missed the point whilst chatting utter brown. then again we are on the weird little watmm 'island'. i guess theres always going to be this sort of scrutiny when someone joins the pantheon of the 'i.d.m gods' (ie. the beloved warp).

I thought Pro Agonist was a great record, although it got a little stale towards the end. I'm not sure about these samples though, the vocals sound forced and unnecessary and ruin it for me

for sure, pro agonist was probably the best, or at least most original drum'n'bass record in years. agree a tad on the vocals too, particularly some of the forced bombast. the vocals up until the high-pitched dnb drop on family galaxy are great however.

Never really dug this guy's stuff but I really like the new tracks on Myspace. Looking forward to giving the dude a second chance. Sounding like Gary Numan is by no means a bad thing.

'The Pleasure Principle' is in my brain forever.......

as are his other early records....

Tubeway Army!

and back to Exile, the 'Gabaret' album shows a talent few electronic musicians have, being able to play live and be a comedian whilst doing so and have rhythms and sounds that are top notch, so he completely won me over with that one, after having already played the fuck out of 'Pro Agonist'.....

Guest greenbank

this is fucking awful, i am gutted that this pile of pish will ever see the light of day, it will no doubt be huge and spawn a range of even worse imitators to piss me off with shitey music until 2012 :(

if ye cannae sing then don't. the style of this sounds like a ripoff of the more irritating cursor miner tracks as well.

Guest TheCentrifuge
this is fucking awful, i am gutted that this pile of pish will ever see the light of day, it will no doubt be huge and spawn a range of even worse imitators to piss me off with shitey music until 2012 :(

if ye cannae sing then don't. the style of this sounds like a ripoff of the more irritating cursor miner tracks as well.

i believe that Tim was a chorister in his younger days, and can sing (depending on your definition of singing ability!)

on first impression it sounds quite good when I heard the CD quality tracks last autumn on a decent set of speakers, not sure about the myspace player doing it justice tho. live vocals are a little more "raw" however...

Didn't realise this was joint release with µ.

From the Warp site:

"You can hear 'Family Galaxy' and 'Pay Tomorrow' from the album on his MySpace now! All these upcoming Tim Exile releases are in conjunction with PLANET MU".

I must have been too excited about the album to actually read about it. Their capitalisation as well...

Guest bitroast

ha. i never noticed it was a joint release either until i saw the news on mu. i thought it was just warp's lack of enthusiasm to mention co-releasing it with a smaller label ^____^

• 3 weeks later...

Archived