IGNORED

Gescom - "G1"

ascdi

i only ever had 128k of g1

had anyone bettered it?

Pushing this up one final time - I'm working on a mix, containing some Bola tracks, and this would be such an awesome closing track. But I guess when Bola posted it on his facebook it was the first and only time it saw the light of day?

Also I can't seem to find Plink anywhere. The Straightjacket and Consciousness tracks are awesome, I'd buy the album, but I guess I can't since it's not exactly released. Why exactly is it considered a "file release" on discogs yet Bola says it's unreleased as the band split up? Leak-only?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

I know Daz mentioned that a former bandmate of his took it upon himself to release an album they'd made without asking if everyone was cool about it. Can't remember which group it was. But yeah it got pulled from iTunes pretty quickly but I guess a few people downloaded it...

Guest ruiagnelo

I know Daz mentioned that a former bandmate of his took it upon himself to release an album they'd made without asking if everyone was cool about it. Can't remember which group it was. But yeah it got pulled from iTunes pretty quickly but I guess a few people downloaded it...

i actually downloaded it. i already sent a pm to Terpentintollwut who was asking for plink, but since it isn't commercially available and darrell himself offered an indirect way of downloading it by posting in his facebook, i guess there is no problem in sharing it.

i can upload both brahma's plink and ooblo's protex blu if anyone is interested.

Guest ruiagnelo

Do you have them above 128kps? I only have real shitty rips

plink is 128 and i doubt anyone has better because, at least according to discogs, it was never released.

about protex blu, like i said to Terpentintollwut, and i will quote myself here, so i don't have to write everything again:

protex blu is actually a 192 kbps rip from cd i downloaded from a guy on soulseek some years ago, but i have been trying to get a better version and it's just impossible to find.

however, the quality of the tracks posted by darrell on his facebook (128 kbps) are very similar to those i own (192 kpbs), so my theory is that darrell converted the original tracks (he definitely has them with a superior quality) to 128 kpbs, so they wouldn't occupy that much bandwidth.

Guest ruiagnelo

shame world we live in when have to be dumbing down the shit to 128 just to opposite "occupy that much bandwidth"

not only because of that. because otherwise he would be offering his work. but the bandwidth could be the problem too. i dunno. don't know how facebook works so

Guest Greg Reason

shame world we live in when have to be dumbing down the shit to 128 just to opposite "occupy that much bandwidth"

I just get the feeling he's not immensely into this stuff but he put it online because people kept asking him to

• 10 months later...

This track is fucking awesome. I really wish they could release a higher quality version of it. Maybe set it up so we could donate?

Physical or digital? Bola posted all the tracks on his Facebook page before. As for the physical release, that's gonna be more difficult. Apparently it's been up for sale on discogs at some point, but right now it isn't, and I doubt any shop is going to sell a new version of it.

There are some die-hard Bola fans on this forum and some of them might even own it, but I doubt any of them would sell.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It seems every link for this track is dead, so.. re-up, anyone, please?

And since Protex Blu was discussed above, I'm inclined to ask about that too. Does somebody here have it? Can anyone at least describe how it's like? Downtempo, vocals? Similar to Bola/Jello or nothing like it?

• 3 months later...

Archived