IGNORED

world of wank

Guest ~ism

so..after several years of the idea popping into my head only to be swiftly cast aside as a bad one, citing too many other complications in life to risk losing myself in some fucking computer game (again), i've gone and visited the bloody trywarcraft site and downloaded the trial. it's installed and i've just clicked launch. i'm a bit scared of what might happen next - given that i have an addictive streak when it comes to online gaming and have lost years to playing such things (i can't remember anything from 2003 due to daily playing of CS and Ghost Recon).

Should I turn this thing off before I go any further, or dive in... and what realms should i join? what's the best race/class to kick off with and what's the recommendation regarding pvp, pve and role playing modes?

answers on a postcard - you got 5 minutes before i do something dumb anyway.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i religiously avoided this game for the presice reason that it would destroy my life and leave me in front of the computer for upto 16 hours a day.

i love mmrpg

i religiously avoided this game for the presice reason that it would destroy my life and leave me in front of the computer for upto 16 hours a day.

i love mmrpg

this is my common fear.

i sat up last night playing gears of war 2 on horde mode with a few mates - for 6 hours straight until 4am without so much as a minute's break. that's enough for my wife as it is i think...

don't play as alliance. play horde, make sure you play on a pvp realm.

my opinion of WoW has changed now due to Warhammer Online being the non-pansy pvp mmorpg. If you want to run around and kill other players on the regular, just play Warhammer. Much better for that.

But yeah, horde: orc is my favorite class.

useful info mr d - cheers. was a wfrp (book) player in my teens - had a full shelf of GW campaign books... dem were the days. Maybe.

will give this a whirl and maybe check out Warhammer as a follow up once I get bored here.

Oh and orcs it is - had a 20,000pt Orc army for warhammer fantasy battle... this is a bit like therapy actually... let it all out, don't be ashamed.

if you want to see content, play solo lots or mainly do quests play on a PvE server. if you want to fight everyone and get killed lots when you're low level go on a PvP server. play Horde!

i play a Shaman, pretty good hybrid all rounder kind of class. Warlock, Hunter and Rogue are all good classes to play too....

Guildwars is free. I've heard good things about it, generally. Always wanted to check it out, but I haven't bothered yet. I used to play lots of instanced mmos, like d&d online, and LOTRO, but I had to put down the MMO habit for a while.

Guest mrcopyandpaste
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

0810rage.jpg

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Don't roll on a PVE realm, it's retarded and for cowards. Both factions are cool. I play a rogue, it's a fun class. A bit nerfed in PVE dps atm(unless you HaT exploit), but awesome for everything. I also recommend warlock and mage, fun classes.

Tip #1: Don't keyboard-turn (ie: use it to strafe like in cs)

Tip #2: Don't click your abilities with your mouse, bind them to your keyboard.

Tip #3: Gank or be ganked.

ps. Al-Akir is full.

Don't roll on a PVE realm, it's retarded and for cowards. Both factions are cool. I play a rogue, it's a fun class. A bit nerfed in PVE dps atm(unless you HaT exploit), but awesome for everything. I also recommend warlock and mage, fun classes.

ps. Al-Akir is full.

PvE is much less stressful than PvP and a much better way to start and level up. if you're really that keen on fighting everyone you see, you can always transfer to a PvP realm once you hit the higher levels...

ps. Al-Akir is full.

PvE is much less stressful than PvP and a much better way to start and level up. if you're really that keen on fighting everyone you see, you can always transfer to a PvP realm once you hit the higher levels...

You can't attack enemies in their starting zones, so you won't get ganked while starting to level. PvE servers are for carebears.

Guildwars is free. I've heard good things about it, generally. Always wanted to check it out, but I haven't bothered yet. I used to play lots of instanced mmos, like d&d online, and LOTRO, but I had to put down the MMO habit for a while.

guildwars isnt really an mmo, its more about team based combat and stuff, its really quick to get into and is a blast for about a week, then youve done everything and get bored

Guest Kibreg

get out before you start.

WoW will ruin your life. I know more than one person who has lost their girl because of their hopeless addiction to this game (one couple divorced).

Archived