IGNORED

AE time signatures

Guest Hanratty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can debate all day whether a song is 18/8 or 9/8,

Just to clarify, I was saying 9/4, not 9/8. This is why Rook's interpretation and my interpretation are technically the same thing. Sorry for the confusion... I was confused for awhile myself. I think I stopped reading at "you're wrong" lol... before I realized we were talking about the exact same thing.

• 9 years later...
  • 5 months later...

At some points in the track (I think most of it?) the drum patterns/melodic content are looping for 6 measures instead of the standard 4 and that fucks with the feel significantly. I thought there was some other weirdness but I can't listen at the moment.

ooh, very true indeed.

So I currently have:

0:00 - 4/4

3:26 (just after the short silent moment): 6/4

3:39 (when the first stab is heard): 5/4

4:08 (when the bass drum granular roll enters): 6/4 (or 12/4)

For the last 5-6 minutes it looks like it returns to 4/4

ooh, very true indeed.

So I currently have:

0:00 - 4/4

3:26 (just after the short silent moment): 6/4

3:39 (when the first stab is heard): 5/4

4:08 (when the bass drum granular roll enters): 6/4 (or 12/4)

For the last 5-6 minutes it looks like it returns to 4/4

Yeah that sounds right. First page of this thread says the same (tsk tsk darreichs!)

Good news is I've been listening to Untilted to get there. The Trees is doing the same sort of thing (for a large portion of the track, maybe all?) as the middle '6/4' section of Sublimit....I think of it more as 3 measures of 4/4 rather than two measures of 6/4. That may be technically wrong or technically right, I dunno, but anyway. 

please tell me you werent the cunt talking time signatures during the Ae Melb show! I was just about to tell you to shut the fuq up.

Me? No.

Archived