IGNORED

Forum Upgraded!

Joyrex

There used to be a link in the upper right hand corner for unread posts that isnt there now. Suddenly things feel all alien having to browse each category. I see you can still mark all posts as read in the bottom right, but I really would like to know where the 'view unread posts' option is hiding now.

Er, next to "My Controls" should be a "View New Posts" link... you don't see it?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using this on 1280x1024 (at least on this monitor), and I do NOT have my browser (Chrome) maximized. Works like a charm. Do you have your font sizes set to default, or are they larger or smaller than normal?

It's all set to normal, I don't have any problems reading the posts or any of the other text, "I see the problem" I meant as in, I understand the problem with using percent... not I'm seeing it on screen right now, which would have been odd anyways since it's not currently being used (?)

Never mind :embrassed:

Guest Drahken

Ah there we go, very good. Used to it being lower and worded differently, wouldnt have expected it next to my controls. It doesn't show how many new posts like the old one, dunno if thats an option. The old one would have a number in parenthesis for the number of new posts, like 'View New Posts (23)'. I use the crap out of that feature so its the first thing I noticed.

Ah there we go, very good. Used to it being lower and worded differently, wouldnt have expected it next to my controls. It doesn't show how many new posts like the old one, dunno if thats an option. The old one would have a number in parenthesis for the number of new posts, like 'View New Posts (23)'. I use the crap out of that feature so its the first thing I noticed.

Oh, you're right! I think that was a modification - I'll see if there is an updated version. Good catch!

Dear Joyrex,

Could you fix the search so you don't have to click four times to get to an advanced search? Like so when you click search it just goes straight here: http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?s=&ac...ode=adv&f=0

Thanks,

Al H.

Actually, you're right - I just changed it so instead of the lame "more search options" link, it takes you directly to Advanced Search, as it should. Thanks for the suggestion!

this new forum's a total cream-up

Don't you have a beard to go shave or something...?

Joyrex! Please, for the love of God, enable the ability to edit/delete posts. Even if you make it say "Post edited/deleted because user is a big greasy faggot".

Depending on your member group, you can edit your posts up to a certain time afterwards. Deleting posts, no, since people on here have a tendency to say things they later regret, and if they could delete them, we couldn't laugh at their expense. So, no on that one.

Guest Glass Plate
while we were all gone i cursed joyrex on a different site for doing the switch over right in the fucking middle of the presidential inaugural process, where everyone was watching live feeds and posting in the live feed thread every two seconds and it was genius, unlike anything ive ever seen

i mean fucking seriously. joyrex did you have to do that right in the middle of the inauguration? like, it was fucking lol how horrible your timing was. youre not really from texas you are japanese

oh and the new site looks like shit

have a nice day!

yeah I was reading this thread then BAM watmm died out and I was like WTF!!

Guest Enter a new display name

The WATMM.com main page still disappoints me. I want to know the latest news about Boards of Canada.

Regardless of all the minor functional and aesthetic issues, I think we should all thank Mister Joyrex for his hard work and continuing efforts to make WATMM a better, safe place to waste time.

For better or worse.

:beer:

Regardless of all the minor functional and aesthetic issues, I think we should all thank Mister Joyrex for his hard work and continuing efforts to make WATMM a better, safe place to waste time.

For better or worse.

:beer:

i agree.

i take it joyrex does all this in his free time? (ie hes not making any money from it?)

I like it. A+ thread, would reply again!

edit: it's funny how every time watmm changes people hate it, then after using to make new memes and lols come to love it more than they ever thought possible. Seeing the birth/rebirth cycles of watmm is kinda mind-blowing. it's all very electronic music innit?

Guest abusivegeorge

I'm just glad everyones still here, because I love you all, deeply.

How long before Joyrex shafts Beneboi like a boy down a well?

Interestingly, most of you seem to be on laptops (the most common screen resolution is 1280x800 (21% of users), with 1024x768 (19.73%) coming in a close second)

Yeah, I'm part of the 21% crew and the table width % is fine.

Archived