IGNORED

Gear Jam minimal house/techno/whatever

Guest David R James

Guest David R James

After being inspired by the minimal techno post in general banter today i fancied having a bash at abit. So i just jammed some sounds out with some stuff and recorded it. Never posted any music b4.

it's nice mate, lovely pads, not as keen on the kick drum, a bit too clicky sounding for me, but i like the metallic sounding sequence and the dripping sort of sounds...could do with some more layers (i know it's minimal, but just the odd stab noise here and there), it's nice when the square wave kicks in, but i would have gone with a different pattern rather than just the ascending scale...nice hats....overall nice mellow tune! on the production side, the metallic noise stands out well, but is more pronounced than the hats - i would prefer it the other way around - maybe add a bit of volume to the hi hats and some hi end EQ (i always say this!)...

anyway, good work - what did you use to make it?

Guest David R James

Cheers :laughing:

I used a roland 505 which also sequenced a drum station and micro korg, also used sp 404 for some effects and resampling. Yeah this isnt much of a final mixdown. I spent the last hour doing it so i couldnt be bothered to wait like 2 hours untill me ears refreshed which i think is the best way to mix things. My hearing is a bit damaged so that mite be why the hats arnt that loud, i dont like that too harsh. But yeah they could come up abit.

Nice one for the feedback.

Guest David R James

Affraid not no

nice. i really like where the blippies start to go around 3:20

I like how it sounds like drops of water. Cheers

After being inspired by the minimal techno post in general banter today i fancied having a bash at abit. So i just jammed some sounds out with some stuff and recorded it. Never posted any music b4.

all i see is " "

can't download anything.

Archived