IGNORED

Dead Space

Guest EDGEY

Just finished this the other day - really loved it. . . much better than I though it would be, especially with some of the minor innovations (floor guide so you don't get lost, holographic menus so you can't ever really "pause" the action), the gravity stuff and the overall excellent writing.

Light up, smoke down, lights off, headphones on, pants covered in urine.

Guest Ultravisitor

i started again a couple of days ago after my hard drive died. i've just made it to the 7th level and i'm enjoying it a lot. especially after watching the anime, which is predictable but very gory.

anyway, i'm going back for more in about 10 minutes.

p.s. left 4 dead is kick ass too and it will be even better when i get xbox live gold again.

I did a search... but couldn't find the thread...

i started again a couple of days ago after my hard drive died. i've just made it to the 7th level and i'm enjoying it a lot. especially after watching the anime, which is predictable but very gory.

p.s. left 4 dead is kick ass too and it will be even better when i get xbox live gold again.

The prequel film received pretty bad reviews... but I plan on watching it this weekend regardless.

Guest Ultravisitor

I did a search... but couldn't find the thread...

The prequel film received pretty bad reviews... but I plan on watching it this weekend regardless.

it isn't anything special. its pretty average, space horror, gory anime. but it leads into the game very nicely.

its nice to think that you can carry on from where the film left off.

Guest my usernames always really suck

I haven't played it, but from what I've seen, it looks like they could've slapped the name "System Shock 3" on it and would've been believable.

This game is a blast, it basically picks up where RE4 left off as far as blending action/survival/horror and making it work really well and create ball-tightening tension. My only gripe with it is that this has furthered my belief that silent protagonists in video games just seem stupid as games become more & more cinematic.

[edit] ...and the final boss fight is so fucking awesome.

Played the demo and wasn't really impressed. Never been into survival horror that much, though. Resident Evil is where I start and end.

Played the demo and wasn't really impressed. Never been into survival horror that much, though. Resident Evil is where I start and end.

Remember, there's a Resident Evil 5 demo out on sunday!

Guest Ultravisitor

sunday? you sure?

sunday? you sure?

Major Nelson just released the news that the Resident Evil 5 demo will be premiering exclusively on the Xbox 360 in less than 2 weeks on January 26th. Schwing! The demo will have three levels of co-op play including single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Who is up for some RE5 multiplayer?

Guest abusivegeorge

Bring on RE5, can't fucking wait, I remember being 14-16 and playing Resident Evils 1-3, this would mean staying awake for 12 hours all night, trying to complete it straight through in that time to get awarded the gatling gun, fuck yeah.

i like the dead space a great deal - played thru a couple of times.

the ending still makes me jump

Lots of controversy over the ending... really looking forward to the sequel.

Guest Ultravisitor

sunday? you sure?

Major Nelson just released the news that the Resident Evil 5 demo will be premiering exclusively on the Xbox 360 in less than 2 weeks on January 26th. Schwing! The demo will have three levels of co-op play including single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single Xbox 360 and two-player across Xbox LIVE.

Who is up for some RE5 multiplayer?

awesome! if i had xbox live gold, i would. i'll have it again by the time the game comes out.

Guest ex-voto

Dead space suprised me. Sound, graphics, gameplay (even if a bit too much console-ish on pc) worked really well together. I loved it when you died in the most gruesome way. The game was telling you to die in your own puke. Awesome to be honest .

Too bad it was too short to upgrade decently the weapons. One time finished, it's finished though, sustainability of the game is poor.

Guest Ultravisitor
Dead space suprised me. Sound, graphics, gameplay (even if a bit too much console-ish on pc) worked really well together. I loved it when you died in the most gruesome way. The game was telling you to die in your own puke. Awesome to be honest .

Too bad it was too short to upgrade decently the weapons. One time finished, it's finished though, sustainability of the game is poor.

yeah-ish....

i thought that, but you can start again with all the upgrades you bought by saving the game at the end and loading it. which i thought was sweet! it meant i could stand a chance at doing the hard difficulty but then i found its the same as resident evil 4 in the way that its the same difficulty as what you completed it in.

i dunno though, it still makes sense to do it the way they did it.

i want to play it again and try out the new suit and spend all that money i got on making my guy a walking tank, but i don't want to play through on medium again and it wouldn't be anywhere near as scary if you started with all that equipment.

Guest ex-voto

yeah-ish....

i thought that, but you can start again with all the upgrades you bought by saving the game at the end and loading it. which i thought was sweet! it meant i could stand a chance at doing the hard difficulty but then i found its the same as resident evil 4 in the way that its the same difficulty as what you completed it in.

i want to play it again and try out the new suit and spend all that money i got on making my guy a walking tank, but i don't want to play through on medium again and it wouldn't be anywhere near as scary if you started with all that equipment.

hehe exactly, that's why I didn't post that (btw Console-ish is probably the most lame word I ever used anywhere jesus christ, then again I thought console-like would be even gayer, maybe I was wrong and should have used this:

the gameplay is really console-based, which means you have some sort of constant latency in your aim. It doesn't matter though because it really fits the game.)

I tried to play the game again on hard, but it lost its feeling.

Guest Ultravisitor

yeah-ish....

hehe exactly, that's why I didn't post that (btw Console-ish is probably the most lame word I ever used anywhere jesus christ, then again I thought console-like would be even gayer, maybe I was wrong and should have used this:

the gameplay is really console-based, which means you have some sort of constant latency in your aim. It doesn't matter though because it really fits the game.)

I tried to play the game again on hard, but it lost its feeling.

hahahaha

i think i'll give it a good 6 months before i try hard mode. that very end clip made me (for the first time throughout playing it) turn on the light. so i had the light on whilst watching the credits hahahaha (idiot). i love scaring myself.

Dead space suprised me. Sound, graphics, gameplay (even if a bit too much console-ish on pc) worked really well together. I loved it when you died in the most gruesome way.

Yeah, it was fun the first 6-7 times. But having to watch your character getting his arms, legs, spine, head, and dick ripped apart 10 times before you were able to load your save was a pain in the ass.

i loved this game from beginning to end. played through it twice the first two weeks it was out.

there are some little secrets and hidden tricks in the game.

by examing the walls in the bathrooms in each zone, you can find inscriptions that give away the few 1 time cheats and re-usable cheats.

the first letter of each chapter spell out the following.

n.i.c.o.l.e.i.s.d.e.a.d

Before I play again though, I'll probably do a little research into all the new DLC weapon and armor upgrades.

I had to reformat my ps3 and I lost my "clear" games saves, which fkn sucks cause I wanted to do impossible mode and already collected nearly every trophy including "one gun". Trophies I still have syncd with PSN, however I can't load any game files that were associated with trophies. argh! which means i had to start LBP over again and Wipeout HD. QQ

Archived