IGNORED

STRP Festival, Eindhoven, The netherlands

Guest thec

So this is Hecker?

Tim%20Hecker.jpg

Tim%20Hecker.jpg

Tim%20Hecker.jpg

If he's going to be wearing the mask does it mean it will be a gabba gig or something?

oh I see there's another Hecker, right

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Weakling
So this is Hecker?

oh I see there's another Hecker, right

Yeah, it's Florian Hecker performing with Aphex. The pics are Tim Hecker. For some samples of Florian's "music" and I use that term very very loosely:

here

Guest spraaaa

I am hella excited about the idea of Afx doing some more experimental stuff, or Hecker doing slightly less experimental stuff. Does someone from the "gonna sound like noisey shit" crew wanna trade places with me for a few days? You could look at all the big American cars!

So you're also going to Dour I presume? He and Hecker are also confirmed there, I might go there as well (last years Dour line-up was great).

So, he is doing a Europe Tour For Ca$h this year huh(Dour, STRP, Melt!, Primavera, ,some festival in Austria Bloc, probably more I guess). Well, I'm not complaining, hehe!

Yeah, I'll be at Dour as well. Last year was a bit meh. Just one night filled with braindance. Clark and Bochum Welt largely disappointed me with sloppy sets. The year before that was awesome though, and since Aphex is the first name popping up for this year I'm really hopeful for the rest of the line-up.

hecker gets nice reviews for his releases:

I have collected "electronic music" since early 1991 and now have over 4000 records and cds, just in this category. From Xenakis to Autechre - I listen to everything electronic that I can get my hands on. I also own nearly every release that Rephlex has produced thus far. I felt the need to preface this comment with that information because I believe this to be the single most pointless "thing" that Rephlex has yet released (topping Lektrogirl with EASE!). It's not music, by any means. You could call it "experimentation", if you like to experiment with ramming sewing needles in your ears while machines bleep and blare aimlessly around you at deafening levels. I honestly did not find ONE second of this release to be enjoyable. Ya know those "noise" tracks on the AFX Men releases? Extend that silliness over 35 minutes or so and you'll be getting close. There's a bit more variety to these tracks, but they're still ear splitting nonsensical noise. Now, if this is your thing, great! You should pick this up with a quickness. But if you're looking for some good old-fashioned Braindance, this ain't it.

lol

Yeah, I'll be at Dour as well. Last year was a bit meh. Just one night filled with braindance. Clark and Bochum Welt largely disappointed me with sloppy sets. The year before that was awesome though, and since Aphex is the first name popping up for this year I'm really hopeful for the rest of the line-up.

I didn't go last year but Dour 2007 was pure bliss. Well except for the scorching heat, the lack of fresh water, the abysmal organisation and the overall smell of pure shit. But that's all forgiven seeing as how it was the most awesomest awesome line-up of any festival I ever went to.

Not too big on Clark to be honest because on Dour2007 he messed up his set something awful. He even hid under the table in shame.

I went to the strp festival in 2006 and really liked it, lots of robots 'n shit + nice music & installations as well. This year looks like it is going to the best edition yet. Shame I'm dead broke though, may have to rob somebody :-(

If I'll go I'll try to rent a proper mic in school and do some quality bootlegs :).

true fan right here... broke and still trying to make the show, sounds just like me. Good luck with everything!

• 4 weeks later...

gonna ask here the same thing I asked over at xlt:

does anyone know about cab prices or a train going from the

STRP place to Amsterdam at preferably 5-6 AM sunday morning?

Taxi is way to expensive over here, especially that distance. I'll be taking the train, it wil be leaving around 7 AM sunday morning. Check it here: http://ns.nl

The station nearest to STRP is Eindhoven Beukenlaan.

bah, seems like 07:08 is the earliest train.

any guess on how expensive that cab'll be? or a bus?

I am really clueless here. :)

(my plain leaves at 7:10, btw)

Guest Quoth
400 tickets left for saturday!

Yeah luckily I just bought my ticket :)

By the way: is there any chance we could do some kind of Dutch WATMM-meeting?

Guest Barricade
400 tickets left for saturday!

Yeah luckily I just bought my ticket :)

By the way: is there any chance we could do some kind of Dutch WATMM-meeting?

sure but how would we recognize eachother?

This is gonna be so Fucking great!!! I have bought a STRP ticket for saturday 4th+ flight ticket and hotelroom!

First time seeing Aphex live! nice to see him with Hecker! hope it gonna be the best!

BUT: Never been in Netherland, Are someone staying at the budgethotel? would be nice to meet someone there :beer:

Guest HokusPoker
This is gonna be so Fucking great!!! I have bought a STRP ticket for saturday 4th+ flight ticket and hotelroom!

First time seeing Aphex live! nice to see him with Hecker! hope it gonna be the best!

BUT: Never been in Netherland, Are someone staying at the budgethotel? would be nice to meet someone there :beer:

I'm thinking about it. Seems to be fairly cheap.

I'm thinking about it. Seems to be fairly cheap.

Yeah, and you got like 20 minutes bus ride from the hotel to the festival!

Cheers

:beer:

Guest griever
saturday is sold out :)

i wanted to be there, but going by train is too expensive :sad:... squarepusher, luke vibert, aphex twin... just great! hope someone's recording this ^^.

well i will try to catch richard at the melt! festival here in germany :smile:.

Archived