IGNORED

STRP Festival, Eindhoven, The netherlands

Guest thec

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Barricade

See you tonight bitches :) even if i dont know what u guys look like, i'll probably see some WATMMers.

well, i think the evening was worth it! squarepusher played a very nice live set with drums and yer ole bass guitar!. Big Loada was the bomb of course...

Aphex Twin started out very soft actually, I think I heard ´heliosphan´ and later on track 9 of Joyrex J9, we have arrived, Fenixfunk, and a track of ABB 3. He and scanner ended with a clash of terror.

The visuals at the end were quite disturbing, I hope someone filmed it! started out with a live autopsy on a body and ended with some happy couples having poop and piss sex! not everybody was enjoying that!

nice atmosphere though,....

imo the whole night was disappointing.

* dutch beer grolsch = absolutely terrible

* way too hot in there

* the water bottles were not cold enough either

* aphex's set was really underwhelming + the sound was way bad in the beginning.. hecker's shit was running totally out of sync with aphex's music on the back speakers.. terrible and his set was not great at all.. most of it was soulless shranz techno and hardcore.. at least for the last half hour or something.. it's not that you were playing in Holland that you should've taken the easy 4 to the floor gabba stylee.. for a couple of minutes this ok, but ffs play some more wicked idm or unreleased aphex/tuss material! luckily in the end the combined sounds with hecker started to sound like something.

* luke vibert's first set was a big yawn; ceephax on the other hand was more enjoyable but same old same old

* i've also seen a better Venetian Snares in the past.. he made a crucial mistake by playing a very straight "hardcore" acid track from his new album as the opener, because after that he continued with his more broken trigger stylish music which does not have the same pace/energy as the opening track. he should have done a proper buildup, imo, but still the set i enjoyed the most of the evening

* Rustie's rnb bullshit was terrible

* Benga was a-ok; that's some proper dubstep over there

LOL, yup those warm water bottles have ruined many a rave for me before

heh.

i do have to add that i have been (and still am) sick for a couple of days which also helped ruining my night. when being sick the smallest things could lead to an unpleasant evening.. but it was not only that; there was too much stuff not ok, in comparison to other parties..

but one gotta admit that Aphex Twin his set wasn't that superb great.. maybe too high expectations?? .. even though it was nice that they had such horrid visuals during the hardcore/terror part - that was kinda special :)

Guest Ernsy

you said all Fredd-E

For my part , i left afx and hecker after 25 min , wtf he'sdoing? damn we expected THE aphex twin , not a strange

glitch sound with poorly chosen tracks ? Too much people ( really not friendly people of the STRP) , too hot , and i

wanted to kill the sound engineers :excl:

Luke Vibert do the same , as always ( exactly the same set in liege One month before ) , so i left

im fucked right now , the best part was a "part" of the pusher set (wtf ?he doing with his rock "n roll ) and the

incredible ceephax and his armonica .

Snares make me mount , and 030303dj's was not bad ( Ive heard the unreleased afx oslo/track ? )

37 euros :sad:

In conclusion , not bad but not great either

aphex was mental and the hardest set I've ever heard.

squarepusher was really in the zone. I loved his set.

ceephax was also great fun. totally raved out at 'sidney sizzler'.

all in all: I loved it.

Well, I actually had a great time, but my ears are ringing like never before, I think that it was Venetian Snares that was waayy too loud, but very fun. The food was terrible, just like the beer and the temperature, too damn hot. Aphex set was so intense, and finally some of his own tracks:

Mookid

An ABB3 song

Two or three Caustic Window tracks (Joyrex J4, AFX 114, I thought another one, maybe Garden of Linmiri)

Fenix Funk and another analord

We Have Arrived TTQ mix, Luke Vibert played the QQT mix right after Aphex´s set, along with Didgeridoo and another aphex track.

The ending was just one big wtf, the looks on the faces of everybody when seeing those sick visuals on the screen, big fun haha.

Luke´s first set was kinda disappointing, the second set was alot better. Squarepusher was just a rerun of his last gig in melkweg, nothing new but veeery enjoyable. Funckarma was pretty cool, nothing too special.

The first thing I saw of STRP was when we just arrived, chillin' in some relaxing chairs and suddenly this came bursting through:

Awesome.

The first thing I saw of STRP was when we just arrived, chillin' in some relaxing chairs and suddenly this came bursting through:

Awesome.

Wow that's insane! I missed that, unfortunately.

Btw, the horrid aphex visuals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZ5_miADTY (the scat part, not the autopsy part)

Awesome.

Btw, the horrid aphex visuals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZ5_miADTY (the scat part, not the autopsy part)

EL OH EL

Guest Joebot Kill

Awesome.

man. that's a bit much...

Guest HokusPoker
imo the whole night was disappointing.

* dutch beer grolsch = absolutely terrible

* way too hot in there

* the water bottles were not cold enough either

* aphex's set was really underwhelming + the sound was way bad in the beginning.. hecker's shit was running totally out of sync with aphex's music on the back speakers.. terrible and his set was not great at all.. most of it was soulless shranz techno and hardcore.. at least for the last half hour or something.. it's not that you were playing in Holland that you should've taken the easy 4 to the floor gabba stylee.. for a couple of minutes this ok, but ffs play some more wicked idm or unreleased aphex/tuss material! luckily in the end the combined sounds with hecker started to sound like something.

* luke vibert's first set was a big yawn; ceephax on the other hand was more enjoyable but same old same old

* i've also seen a better Venetian Snares in the past.. he made a crucial mistake by playing a very straight "hardcore" acid track from his new album as the opener, because after that he continued with his more broken trigger stylish music which does not have the same pace/energy as the opening track. he should have done a proper buildup, imo, but still the set i enjoyed the most of the evening

* Rustie's rnb bullshit was terrible

* Benga was a-ok; that's some proper dubstep over there

Nothing to add, except for: Ceephax was brilliant.

I haven't seen him before so it may be true it was the same old thing, but I loved it.

I couldn't stop laughing when he started dancing with that clock or messed up one transition (he seemed to, at least) and gave that look to the audience. It was so nice to see how much fun he had.

The harmonica improvisation was great as well.

Rustie was an insult. How the fuck did he get into these halls?

Aphex was boring. Well, I've seen him now, but I enjoyed Squarepusher more than Aphex, and that does say something.

Hecker: why?

Silence would have been more interesting than Vibert.

Guest griever

Awesome.

uuugh... that is disgusting!!! bit too much for me mr james :grin:...

Guest HokusPoker
I'm to old for this festival shit :) .

Good lesson to invest in some ear protection! I think I lost another batch of hair cells.

Great though, to see that there is still so much interest in this ' kind of music' :) .

Don't try toilet paper!

I did, but took to little, put it in my ear, realised it was not enough, tried to get it out and fumbling around, I put it deeper and deeper into my ear.

Got it out an hour ago (better: had it taken out an hour ago, nastiest feeling I've ever had), after nearly 24 hours of pressure and constant high frequency noise in my head.

I still haven't gotten everything out yet, but some Ceephax should be a good cleaning cloth.

Archived