IGNORED

gary numan

delet...

1 hour ago, Blir said:

Massive cringe

At least when he typed like this we couldn’t tell when he was being a racist twat. That came later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, tec said:

Numan had no idea of keys at the time.

a guy who's been playing guitar since 73 doesn't know what a key/scale is in 79? sorry but i don't buy it...

even if it's true, that just proves my point... not knowing what a scale/chord progression is just makes it more likely for one to end up repeating it unintentionally...

I hunt an peck, but i can play. Hoping to get a midi retrofit someday. 

I can learn any instrument if I like it. You might be able to get weird tunings with the ribbon controller. Ill have to experiment

7 hours ago, Tim_J said:

a guy who's been playing guitar since 73 doesn't know what a key/scale is in 79? sorry but i don't buy it...

even if it's true, that just proves my point... not knowing what a scale/chord progression is just makes it more likely for one to end up repeating it unintentionally...

I don’t care if you don’t buy it, I actually bother to do research and know it.

The album was seminal at the time, songs were sampled by the hip-hop community for rap battles, it would be mentioned as a major influence on industrial music in the 90’s. Your post is stupidly dismissive and makes you look ignorant. 

A short while ago I sent a message to the mods asking if my account could be deleted. This will probably be deleted too.

WATMM has either banned or driven away anyone who's posts border on the risqué, but allows morons like Tim J to pollute every thread with their stupidity and useless attempts at trolling. Which is more damaging? The forum is a ghost town, the website will never be finished. All the best.

@tec i think you might be mistaking not knowing what a scale is with not knowing how to make a patch in a synth, which is in fact what happened att...

this just goes to show your lack of knowledge regarding music composition/technology so i think it's the best for the both of us to put you on ignore as well... next time get down of your not that tall high horse and avoid embarrassing yourself with spiteful comments abut something you know nothing about...

As luck would have it, the synth’s previous user had adjusted the settings to create a perfect, bottom-end heavy sound that piqued his interest. Without these ideal settings Numan isn’t sure he would’ve done much with the instrument. “I wouldn’t have known how to get that sound; I didn’t know anything about synthesizers,” he said in Mad World. “They were just a bunch of dials to me.”

Interview requests were constant and technology magazines who saw him as some kind of synth wizard wanted his insight — never realizing that Numan himself still didn’t have a great understanding of synthesizers. “They were asking me about envelopes and fills and boffin shit. I just blagged and bullshitted my way through it,” he said in Mad World.

8 hours ago, tec said:

I don’t care if you don’t buy it, I actually bother to do research and know it.
Your post is stupidly dismissive and makes you look ignorant. 

do you have any idea how much of a frustrated immature person comments like these make you look like?  i never resorted to name calling like you usually do... why do you feel the urge to take me out of your ignore list to read something i wrote on a thread about one of your favorite musicians just baffles me... you're obviously looking to start a fire... get a life dude...

The album was seminal at the time, songs were sampled by the hip-hop community for rap battles, it would be mentioned as a major influence on industrial music in the 90’s.

jfc, you sound like a fucking tabloid... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, BCM said:

also I like both tec and tim j. can you both stop fucking bickering.

Nobody cares if you like them, they should both be banned for cluttering this beautiful site up with their nonsense. No need to encourage that.

1 hour ago, BCM said:
4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:
Ok boomer

don't be a dick mate, this sort of pretty squabbling is the reason i don't like it here any more. you could have said nothing innit.

Did you just call Ivan a dick? You could have said nothing but instead you decided to start bickering. Very immature of you

funny thing here is that my initial post was by far a useless attempt at trolling as tec likes to put it... i was genuinely wondering about what i posted... it sounds like a concept album, in which the songs share a single central narrative or theme, which in this case sounds like it's instrumental and compositional... hence the songs ending up tying together as a whole... a bit like some of 70's prog rock bands...

I didn't really get into Numan's work until some years ago, though I had been aware of Cars and Are "Friends" Electric? since I was a pre-teen; in 2013 Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind) came out and I was somehow very receptive to it at that time, bought it and listened to it a lot. After a while I started to gather and go through the albums in reverse chronology, so Dead Son Rising, Jagged, Pure, Exile, Sacrifice and various others followed, and later, Savage (Songs From A Broken World). Although I like Numan's sound, there is a very certain lack of stylistic and musical variance in his work, a lot of the tracks really do sound the same within and across albums. Numan's inimitable vocals are also very self-similar, distinct, yes, but his expressive range, well, isn't. Regardless, I enjoy Numan's music, the militant atheism, the cyber-goth post-dystopian machine-metal aesthetics etc. I got to see him live on the Savage tour here in Helsinki in late 2018. He's still cool at 60+.

IMG_20181205_222934.jpg

IMG_20181205_213402.jpg

6 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Ok boomer

3 hours ago, BCM said:

don't be a dick mate, this sort of pretty squabbling is the reason i don't like it here any more. you could have said nothing innit.

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Did you just call Ivan a dick? You could have said nothing but instead you decided to start bickering. Very immature of you

and what about you? you could as well avoid calling BCM immature yet you decided to bicker at him...

Spoiler

b1e2650b6263c4be1e1964799a84db21.png

this is getting too meta guys...

Archived