IGNORED

on rhythm and dancing

Fred McGriff

my days of electrospastic kung fu tennis moves and maximum junglist turbo full rinse attacks are but a distant memory now.

boy, you should have seen me go. one time, during al naafiysh, my puma's caught fire, causing the speaker stack to explode and i was hurled through the air. i managed to recover with a triple salko backflip then i nailed the caterpillar upon landing. i sprang back vertical using my penis and let out an ear piercing WOOOO which caused the clothes on every girl in the club to disintegrate. one girl lost all of her bodily fluids via her vagina and had to be rushed to hospital.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one time, during al naafiysh, my puma's caught fire, causing the speaker stack to explode and i was hurled through the air. i managed to recover with a triple salko backflip then i nailed the caterpillar upon landing. i sprang back vertical using my penis and let out an ear piercing WOOOO which caused the clothes on every girl in the club to disintegrate. one girl lost all of her bodily fluids via her vagina and had to be rushed to hospital.

I was there LUDD, I was there. To this very day I get an uncompromising 8 hour erection whenever I see a bighanded bearded man with a winning smile and a bit of rhythmic swagger.

I will start to bob my head. Then I will shake my ass. Then I attack the nearest person next to me and lick their face.

The moral is that I can't be trusted on the dance floor.

i've forgotten how.

so now i'm also content with an introverted shuffle and bob of head... even if the music's just right.

i danced like a loon at hogmanay but i was with friends in a house party and we were all playing for laughs... and off our tits.

i love dancing. it really gets down to how self-conscious you are about yourself and whether or not you're worried about looking like a fool. this is why drunk people dance, that whole inhibitor in the brain that says "DUDE, YOU'LL LOOK WICKED RETARDED IF YOU DO THIS" isn't working.

If the vibe is right. I will throw down.

Hard.

Its all about pulling slow motion shapes totally out of rhythm right at the front. Or better still, at the back, alone, totally self involved. Chicks dig that.

At the last Rephlex night I raved it up with edmx at Corsica for Grant's set.

That fucker can dance.

Guest greenbank

i'm similar to most of you non-dancers on this, used to be much much more into the music and would get a groove on after minimal beer amounts if it was music i really really liked. aphex djing in glasgow in 2001 i danced so much that when he played all night long (vvm mix) as the last track i carried on through sheer momentum as the dancefloor cleared, i'd had 2 beers and my extreme dancing caused a good 5 or 6 folk to come up and ask me what i'd taken and did i have any spare. i can't work out if i now just don't like as much music any more or what but my beers required to dance value exceeds that of my beers before i am sick and/or pass out value. maybe it's more that making music destroys enjoyment of it or something? it definitely helps if i am listening to music that's damned good but which i have never heard before, most regular folks seem to ONLY dance to stuff they recognise.

and yes it's damned annoying getting clubby ladies coming up going 'heyy come and daaaaaannnceee!' when it's not really gonna happen because i feel like it might as well be an ambient track.

my wife and i went to a club called vinyl this weekend and as always ended up arguing about dancing and left early. she was like "why arent you dancing" and im like "i need 15 more beers." but what got me upset was she was saying that i dont "feel" music because if i "felt" it my body would be moving. i was actually really liking what they were spinning, trancy house type whathaveyou, and enjoying it well enough whilst drinking my beers. if i get drunk enough i will smile and go out on the floor and dance and generally not care about anything, but until then for whatever reason I'm not compelled to express it through body movement. i can nod my head and nurse a beer and be just fine but it sucks when it's just two of you and the other one wants to go out there and be a club girl but you dont want some faggot housing her either so it just becomes tense.

ha this has happened to me something like 20 times. she gets pissed if i just sit there and nod or something, she says i should want to do this because it is something she likes, but when i drag her to shows it is like some huge fucking favor she is doing me and i am in debt to her for the following month. whatever. i have started to loosen up a little bit and just go for it but i will never be as good as her, i just imagine people watching thinking "man theres no way that poor white boy can keep up with her". the "not feeling" it argument is crap, i probably "feel" music more than her, i just choose to express it differently, thats all.

Salvadoran women love to dance. It's a fact.

I feel for you. I'm there too. At least she's not trying to get you to take salsa lessons.

i've had this conversation a few times and was able to worm my way out of it. though i don't mind prescribed steps as i have pretty good rhythm, but when it is freestyle i have no clue. although at every salsa club there will always be a short little chilean dude fucking expert dancer guy who will invariably dance with your girl and everyone else's on the floor.

lets start a salvadoran wives subforum and talk about problems / share recipies.

my wife and i went to a club called vinyl this weekend and as always ended up arguing about dancing and left early. she was like "why arent you dancing" and im like "i need 15 more beers." but what got me upset was she was saying that i dont "feel" music because if i "felt" it my body would be moving. i was actually really liking what they were spinning, trancy house type whathaveyou, and enjoying it well enough whilst drinking my beers. if i get drunk enough i will smile and go out on the floor and dance and generally not care about anything, but until then for whatever reason I'm not compelled to express it through body movement. i can nod my head and nurse a beer and be just fine but it sucks when it's just two of you and the other one wants to go out there and be a club girl but you dont want some faggot housing her either so it just becomes tense.

ha this has happened to me something like 20 times. she gets pissed if i just sit there and nod or something, she says i should want to do this because it is something she likes, but when i drag her to shows it is like some huge fucking favor she is doing me and i am in debt to her for the following month. whatever. i have started to loosen up a little bit and just go for it but i will never be as good as her, i just imagine people watching thinking "man theres no way that poor white boy can keep up with her". the "not feeling" it argument is crap, i probably "feel" music more than her, i just choose to express it differently, thats all.

Salvadoran women love to dance. It's a fact.

I feel for you. I'm there too. At least she's not trying to get you to take salsa lessons.

i've had this conversation a few times and was able to worm my way out of it. though i don't mind prescribed steps as i have pretty good rhythm, but when it is freestyle i have no clue. although at every salsa club there will always be a short little chilean dude fucking expert dancer guy who will invariably dance with your girl and everyone else's on the floor.

lets start a salvadoran wives subforum and talk about problems / share recipies.

:beer: +1 for the support group.

So why do Salvadoran women go for guys into I-D-M? It's an odd phenomenon.

My wife's cousin married a guy from Mexico City and even he's into Autechre, Aphex Twin etc.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i want to point that going to a club and not dancing is retarded. what are you gonna do all night watch the DJ finding records? thats why i only go to shows at least then if you're not feeling it you can pretend to look at equipment or whatever.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

if your wife loves to dance why not go to couples dancing lessons. i did swing dancing last year and it was ok. the only problem was they made us switch partners as it wasnt couples dancing lessons. dancing with old chinese ladies isnt as much fun as it sounds. swing is pretty easy. or tango. or something like that. might save on arguments.

if your wife loves to dance why not go to couples dancing lessons. i did swing dancing last year and it was ok. the only problem was they made us switch partners as it wasnt couples dancing lessons. dancing with old chinese ladies isnt as much fun as it sounds. swing is pretty easy. or tango. or something like that. might save on arguments.

Don't get me wrong - I actually enjoy dancing. And we do go dancing when we get the chance.

It's the Latin styles that I don't particularly enjoy. There's a method to most of those that you actually have to learn, and I can't be bothered. At the lessons they teach you to count along, which I don't find too fun.

Archived