IGNORED

girlfriend sadness

Guest A/D

i just want to get this off my chest, there's no real reason to read this unless you're going through a similar situation.

just broke up with my girlfriend of three years about a month ago. i broke up with her for various reasons. basically i feel like i'm not meant to be with her romantically. she's a cool person and i hope to be able to keep her as a friend. i'm a very independent dude and prefer to spend a lot of time alone - where she would rather do everything together. this is maybe the central issue. i don't think either one of us is intrinsically right, but i know what i need.

she's moving out in a week or so. lately she's been in and out of the house. she doesn't know how to act around me anymore which i guess is to be expected. i'm trying to be friendly but i seem to be failing (i.e. focusing conversation around her non-here living situation). my family was up this weekend and she's close with them, so she wanted to hang out and have fun, but i could tell she really had to try to act normal when talking to me.

there's no problem or solution i'm asking for here, i'm just relating some necessary sadness. in a way i'm glad she has started to dislike me - i was really depressed for the last part of our relationship and was not that good to her, and i started to feel staying with me showed a lack of self-respect. so i feel like everything is in a good place right now, function-wise. it just makes me sad. i made a nice dinner and then realized i wasn't hungry.

who wants to come over and smoke weed and watch sealab in our pajamas. bring two boxes of tissues (to be used simultaneously while jerking off and crying)

Guest analogue wings

Wow 3 years that sucks bro.

But yeah, clingy girl plus guy that needs occasional "me time" will never work sorry. Been there, dumped that.

*Jumps in on the rebound*

haha, please do. i think someone else might have beaten you to it. although, we had the open relationship going on, so you might still have a chance.

Pics or it didn't happen.

this caused me to realize i don't own any pictures of us together. kind of disturbing. i don't usually take pictures to remember people though, so maybe not.

thanks wings.

You probably won't be able to keep her as a friend. At least not for a long time. Three years takes a long time to get over.

Rough road ahead--I'm reminded of my 2.5 year shakedown. It took awhile. Very bizarre psychological reactions that I would have never guessed would come up started to plague me. Looking back, my biggest mistake was being too insular and alone when I should have been hanging with mates,etc. You sound solitary like me but sometimes you have to blow out the cobwebs by having fun with other folks. Cheers! :beer:

um, he invited everyone over for a wank

3 years is a while. i've been with my girl for just over that and i can't imagine what it would be like to end it. good luck and i'd come over for some whiskey and wanking if i could. i'll just do it here instead.

Guest tv_party

longest I've had was almost 3 years. that was tough for that to end. nothing near that length since. I was pretty broken up over it for awhile. just some short stuff since then. don't know if I could take that again. probably why I stay single

heh you guys and your human relationships

you don't know the true value of

non-human relationships

because i am in a romantic relationship with a member of the opposite sex means i can't have any other type of relationship?

Guest thanksomuch
who wants to come over and smoke weed and watch sealab in our pajamas. bring two boxes of tissues (to be used simultaneously while jerking off and crying)

oh oh! can i come!? i will bring the spit and maaaaybe i will let you touch my boobies while you cry and jerk off.

non-human relationships

wait.. like.. zoosex or something?

oh oh! can i come!? i will bring the spit and maaaaybe i will let you touch my boobies while you cry and jerk off.

non-human relationships

wait.. like.. zoosex or something?

can i come?

once the beard is in the house it's zoosex by default. any and all are welcome. i've never "touched boobies" tsm but if it helps you cry i'll certainly attempt it.

braintree, it's true about the friends thing. i think we should probably not see each other at all for a while.

the funny thing about this breakup is, it was caught up in this time where i made a lot of changes to the way i live my life and since then i have been much happier. so to complain about it is kind of stupid. but one of the reasons i took so long to leave her was because i was petrified of hurting her, so i guess there's still plenty of that going on.

thanks guys i feel much better now that i've slept

*can't wait until xxx shuffles to nyc from missouri with his wang out

*unzips trousers faithfully in anticipation

Guest hahathhat

this reminds me not of dating, actually, but college. i stopped going to class real close to a degree. i was there for like 3.5 years, everyone was screaming at me to just finish it and sign the papers, i felt i was only there because it was expected of me, and i didn't want to disappoint my parents, explain it to friends, etc. i dropped out and there was a lot of drama.... and in retrospect, the only thing i'd change is i'd have left sooner.

sometimes you want something to work, real bad, everyone else does too, and it still doesn't. cut your losses

My girlfriend doesn't even know we are dating.

You laugh, but I've gone on several "dates" without knowing what they were.

Ninja dating for the lose.

this reminds me not of dating, actually, but college. i stopped going to class real close to a degree. i was there for like 3.5 years, everyone was screaming at me to just finish it and sign the papers, i felt i was only there because it was expected of me, and i didn't want to disappoint my parents, explain it to friends, etc. i dropped out and there was a lot of drama.... and in retrospect, the only thing i'd change is i'd have left sooner.

sometimes you want something to work, real bad, everyone else does too, and it still doesn't. cut your losses

yep, that's exactly it . . very cool person, helped me a lot in my life, i'm glad we were together. but it can't go on. it drove me crazy trying to work up the nerve to leave her, and now that i did, i've never felt better. (and feeling guilty for feeling so good. but you know, baby steps.)

DANCING_BABY.GIF

Archived