IGNORED

plastikman

Guest Z_B_Z

this is a drunk thread. just letting you know now.

learn me in the ways of plastikman.

'consumed'.. i used to love but havent heard in a long time (soon to be rectified)

'sheet one' and 'musik' (at least i think thats what its called) i used to adore..

i sold all my plastikman cds for pot money many years ago but i remember loving him...

did hawtin ever do anything like 'consumed' besides 'consumed'?

id really love to become obsessed with richie hawtin/plaskman... but where does a semi noob to start? (aside from consumed)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, he never did anything else like consumed. which is a shame, it's a fantastic album.

looks like you're missing "artifakts bc" from the trilogy. it was released after consumed, but was finished before that, and form an opus together with sheet one and musik.

after that he made another plastikman album, called "closer". it's actually somewhere between the old stuff and consumed in terms of sound, so you might like it. it actually retains some of the BC/CR aesthetic that was so present in consumed. actually there was also a 2-track free ep just before closer, but i can't remember what it sounded like.

as for richie hawtin alias, i don't think you should bother. the (first) DE9 was kinda okay, but after that i lost interest.

concept 1 series though, i really dug. very minimalistic! you might like.

Guest Deep Fried Everything
seems like everyone forgot recycled plastik, over and above his best work. Spastik is nine minutes of pure 909 heaven. This is hands down the best album or Ep. (whatever it is)

i'll look into it.

his new stuff is just a metronome with reverb on it and it takes the piss.

has he even released any new stuff since the DE9 transitions mix? seems to me that he has just been DJing the latest plop-plop-clickety-clack-plop-plop records, which the ketamine heads at panorama bar lap up with glee.

but as for plastikman, artifakts (bc) is my favourite after consumed. recycled plastik is also a gem.

thanks for all the recommendations. i barely remember making this thread...

i think i owned this at some point too. cant really remember what i thought of it

decks-efx-909.jpg

thanks for all the recommendations. i barely remember making this thread...

i think i owned this at some point too. cant really remember what i thought of it

decks-efx-909.jpg

It's ok but more techno than minimal and kinda looses its spunk after the first 20mins.

If you want classic Hawtin mixes check....

mixmag20.jpg

416M78J6PXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

33632.jpg

well recycled plastik isn't bad, but i really don't think it stands up to sheet one or musik.

also, sickness/panikattak. i vividly remember how a friend came over to my place, and put this on - right after it's been released. we couldn't agree what speed it should play at, but it was fucking mindblowing either way. it's probably 45 though :)

Guest Sir Winston

I really really liked artifakts but took me longer to get into consumed, still not sure which I prefer. Love the first 2 DE9's but the third one was the biggest case of meh I have heard in a long time.

the cover art for 'sheet one is' the only thing I have ever thought was cool about his music...

listened to a bit in a store years ago....

no thanks........

Archived