IGNORED

plastikman

Guest Z_B_Z

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so why the 909 hate?

something about a 909 open cymbal sound is just i dont know really terrible sounding to my ears

the fact that it's a convention to use it in so many genres of electronic music is somewhat saddening (for me).

I love plastikman though :)

so why the 909 hate?

oh, ok, that's the other reason

909 hats = >.<

if that's an emoticon cringe face then i concur 100%

oh and Consumed is probably the crowning achievement of the techno genre as a whole, to this day i haven't heard anything as powerful or as other worldly derived from a repeating 4/4 beat

oh and Consumed is probably the crowning achievement of the techno genre as a whole, to this day i haven't heard anything as powerful or as other worldly derived from a repeating 4/4 beat

i wonder why he never chose to explore this terrain again...

man i need to hear consumed again

Guest Hanratty
check out his Mixmag mix. really cool mix of acid minimal from the 90s.

nice avatar

I'm assuming you've seen King of Kong and don't just have a thing for mullets?

i wonder why he never chose to explore this terrain again...

man i need to hear consumed again

i think he was on kind of an academic experimental phase during that time, he also did a nice release called 'Concept' , which is a collection of some subscription thing he did a while back. Not sure when it came out originally but it reminds me a lot of the angle he was working with Consumed

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=14075

nice avatar

I'm assuming you've seen King of Kong and don't just have a thing for mullets or american flag apparel?

correct

Guest narkeworld

Thats cd is expensive now. The 909 is wicked.:) The Concept series wasn't a subscription, it was released like the Analord series, over a year length of time.

Guest Hanratty

I guess he's just making big money as a superstar dj and managing the Minus label. I wish he'd get back into the experimental beats. Everything I've heard on Minus lately is really boring.

Thats cd is expensive now. 909s are wicked.:)

that mix was so cool at the time because its tempo is slow, maybe 120 bpm. most acid music i was hearing was in the 130-140 range. also has some classic tracks that i heard for the first time in that mix.

concept 1 series though, i really dug. very minimalistic! you might like.

i think he was on kind of an academic experimental phase during that time, he also did a nice release called 'Concept' , which is a collection of some subscription thing he did a while back. Not sure when it came out originally but it reminds me a lot of the angle he was working with Consumed

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=14075

i already said that, but nobody ever listens to me :(

Guest moo duck

actually this image began its way to screens after complete isolation and existential fuckery finished on Closer LP. check sleeves for it. he was bold hardcore engineer type of nerd.

The track Consumed on the album Consumed is utterly stunning by far and my favourite track by him. I'm a bif fan of his second two mix albums (DE9 and Transitions) but his first was a little too 'house-y'

The track Consumed on the album Consumed is utterly stunning by far and my favourite track by him. I'm a bif fan of his second two mix albums (DE9 and Transitions) but his first was a little too 'house-y'

+1

Guest Deep Fried Everything
thanks, ill check those out. i just remember on the decks album he works in nitzer ebb's 'control im here'.. i was tickled

actually it's "join in the chant", but not trying to take away your points :beer: that was the first i had heard nitzer ebb, funny how that worked out.

I guess he's just making big money as a superstar dj and managing the Minus label. I wish he'd get back into the experimental beats. Everything I've heard on Minus lately is really boring.

Thats cd is expensive now. 909s are wicked.:)

that mix was so cool at the time because its tempo is slow, maybe 120 bpm. most acid music i was hearing was in the 130-140 range. also has some classic tracks that i heard for the first time in that mix.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b5dd2a6...e018c8114394287

http://www.discogs.com/release/75030

I remember techno when I was a lad.... :rolleyes:

Archived