IGNORED

How did you come across Aphex twin?

Guest Ikiru

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i fell in love with Vordhosbn while walking home from school 6 years ago.

my first "taste" was, predictably, the CTD vid which i enjoyed but wasn't amazed by...took some time to sink in.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

a friend said idioteque by radiohead sounded a bit like aphex twin. i then looked up who he was talking about.

Guest hahathhat

ok, yeah, i'll re-answer because i feel this is a better one:

mp3s came into existence and i found out about electronic music in a flood, aphex along with boc squarepusher etc. was rad. before that i listened to classic rock and celtic folk. still love both those too.

Guest Weakling

Some MTV program in the 90s which showed Aphex's "On". Must have been Chill Out Zone I guess. That program shaped my taste in music with clips from Aphex, Orb, Orbital, FSOL, Autechre etc. etc. Too bad it's not on anymore.

Some MTV program in the 90s which showed Aphex's "On". Must have been Chill Out Zone I guess. That program shaped my taste in music with clips from Aphex, Orb, Orbital, FSOL, Autechre etc. etc. Too bad it's not on anymore.

The Grind?

v22480ayldv.jpg

Guest hahathhat

i remember it in the vague

• 4 weeks later...

amp?

I'm always interested in the folks who get a taste, don't like it, and then claim to love it later.

It also happens to people who are already into aphex. I remember the first time i listened to boxing day, i was like... you know... "quite good". Aphex's like that, the more you listen to it, the more you enjoy it : it took me 2 years of picky listening to enjoy every single of the 42 tracks from the analord series. Only W32.Mydoom.AU@mm and Backdoor.Ranky.S are still making resistance to me.

mydoom is the only analord track i never really liked much

Archived