IGNORED

Skins (TV program)

Guest joshier

Guest David R James

I find it completely shit, its an over dramatised teeny bopper show, basically teenagers with an over heightened sense of self importance, abit like watmm actually.

I wouldnt watch it 4 the sex either its like watching 14 year olds havin sex.

Guest David R James

I think what can be funny about it is its just not funny. Its like the producers are trying to make british teenage life really mental and crazy cos they have sex and do drugs, but i had sex and did drugs when i was a teenager and it wasnt ever as crazy as that shit. Not like the OC, thats real life in LA...(COUGHS)

i like the theme music in skins though 4 some reason.

Guest joshier

I actually feel it's doing far more harm than good.

I'm not of the opinion that paedophiles are becoming rampant among men, however I do suggest that putting teenagers (and younger an younger ones) will only cause them to be viewed in a sexual manner and after that happens there's only going to be more of the general opinion that it is ok.

I realize that the teenagers are having sex with their selves, not older men - however if older men are seeing this with younger and younger people on UK public TV it will only push the idea that teens like that do want sex as much.

Again, I realize *some* of this is happening (younger and younger teens having sex) but to have it encapsulated as if they are *all* doing it is wrong to portray - Lets face it. Yes, a lot of teens are randy fuckers but to put that on UK public TV for the masses is only going to further arouse the thought (and moral acceptance) of older men seeing them in a different light.

It's not hard to exaggerate it slightly and have it aimed at kids of 13 - 14.. I know some people that age have sex but you wouldn't give a biased reflection that they all want sex - that would be dangerous, no?

Guest joshier
Joshier is a moron and coming at it from totally the wrong angle, but Skins is still embarrasingly depressingly awful shit.

What??.. YOu just said I'm a moron then agreed with me.

i grew up in and around bristol and its weird to see some aspects of it being dramatised this way. bristolians fucking hate skins. its like theyve taken shit from your formative years and thrown them through topshop. everyone is beautiful and promiscuous and annoying as fuck. that said, i watch it.

i seen seasons 1 & 2 on dvd its differnet cuz im from america but also i thought the OC was funny to watch i didn't hate it i sort of liked it

Guest mrcopyandpaste
Joshier is a moron and coming at it from totally the wrong angle, but Skins is still embarrasingly depressingly awful shit.

What??.. YOu just said I'm a moron then agreed with me.

No he didnt you berk.

series 2 was fucking shit. they killed off the best character and then turned whats-her-face into an annoying bint in some wanky american indie film scenario.

if theyve actually gotten any writers from bristol then swear down theyre sheltered redland/whiteladies pissflaps pandering to a oxford street massive. argh.

Guest David R James

They have hyped skins so badly in the uk since it started like 2-3 years ago, its all over uk myspace and on telly adverts, it like they think if they go on about it enough that means people like it but we dont. 'CATCH UP ON ALL THE SKINS EXTRAS LIKE WHERE SO AND SO HANG OUT ON TUESDAYS, AND THINGY IS OF TO A PARTY ON FRIDAY... blah blah blah.

Guest abusivegeorge
I wouldnt watch it 4 the sex either its like watching 14 year olds havin sex.

I thought that was the whole

Oh right yeah, no, 14 bad.

Guest Dirty Protest

Its not often I agree with you Iain. Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

Guest bitroast

last year in school pretty much all the indie kids loved it and talked about it pretty much every day when it was on. i have no idea if its a good show or not, but im happy to say i havent seen a single second of it.

the fuck boring lives do you all live? skins is fucking mint. my teen years were exactly like that portrayed in skins. the characters, the dialogue, everything about it.

FUCKING AMAZING

the fuck boring lives do you all live? skins is fucking mint. my teen years were exactly like that portrayed in skins. the characters, the dialogue, everything about it.

FUCKING AMAZING

wow. teenagers drinking cider and smoking joints and shit. maybe having a wee pump at each other while trying to accept their asian and under priveledged bender buddies and something.

Thats so Zany and stuff but alltogether so inner city of England or is it the U.S

PISH, UTTER PISH

Ram their skateboards and condoms clean up their mothers hemoroid ridden erse pipe.

FUCKING AMAZING

lolx3

Its not often I agree with you Iain. Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

me too... joshiers talkin about feeding paedo's twisted desires with 16-17 year olds having sex? wierdo.

of course the program is shit... it's like grange hill on e.

Well, I watched the first and second episodes last night at the insistance of my housemates, and we all thought it was terrible. Absolutely depressing. Unrealistic, garish, insensitive, ignorant television for sheltered people who've never had any real fun in their lives. And shop at Topman. No attempt at characterisation beyond the most superficial, no real humour, and an incredibly cynical and unfair portrayal of actual human life, interaction and existence. What the fuck were they thinking? It's worse than Shameless.

Archived