IGNORED

Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force appreciation

Rubin Farr

doing a little drunk geek reminiscing, and watching the 90s anime remake of this awesome series. as a little kid i had no idea what anime was, but i knew Battle of the Planets kicked ass. we (the neighborhood kids) re-enacted the show all the time, with my little speech-impeded friend unluckily always stuck playing the duck kid. in Japan it was known as Science Ninja Team, which is a much cooler name but whateva. so now they're making a CG animated movie out of it, from the studio working on the Astro Boy film.

movie version of characters:

th_90687_gatchman2008_122_518lo.jpg

they are also heavily featured in the new fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which unfortunately looks like it will never be released outside of Japan :sad:

th_90783_wp1_1600_122_683lo.jpg

they are also heavily featured in the new fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which unfortunately looks like it will never be released outside of Japan :sad:

omg that looks amazing

• 4 years later...

well, we never got our CG movie, the studio went out of business before they could produce more than a trailer, but now there's a full fledged cheesy live action movie! probably a lot less space scenes than an animation, but beggars can't be choosers.

[youtubehd]uLDEJvOF7mg[/youtubehd]

Guest disparaissant

...and tatsunoko vs. capcom came out in the states! (and was pretty good, even if it was for wii!) everyone wins!

I used to watch Battle of the Planets when I was about 7 and I never knew what the fuck was going on, but their costumes and firey spaceship were cool as fuck.

Anyone remember Star Fleet/X-Bomber?

Archived