IGNORED

New hip hop mix!

six

Took me a bit to warm up to it, but a lot of cool stuff happening with hip hop in the past year, especially in LA. Tried to cram a lot of tracks into this one, so it jumps around quite a bit. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jumu0htmgyj

afterthesemessages969.jpg

sparkle motion - after these messages

lukid - chord

machine drum - brighty

flyamsam - the offbeat

heralds of change - work that

rustie - soapy tits

guilty simpson - for the d (harmonic 313 remix)

powell - dimension x

flako - inside

harmonic 313 - no way out

rustie - cafe de phresh

madlib - for my mans

flying lotus - bad actors

flying lotus - grapesicles (samiyam remix)

mf doom - wormwood

madvillain - savage beast

daedelus - take wing

last order - summertime

madvillain - roller coaster riders

flying lotus - beginners falafel

harmonic 313 - cyclotron c64 sid

joker - holly brook park

flying lotus - 1983

madlib - infinity sound

madvillain - never go pop

daedelus - touchtone

the long lost - woebegone (flying lotus remix)

Guest Soothsayer

nice, I'm still not super familiar/warmed to the "wonky" hip hop stuff yet myself. I'm gonna give this a shot, your mixes are always good, thanks!

I've only had the opportunity to go through this once, but it was pretty sweet. Not at the "quite good" level, but nice stuff.

I've only heard the madlib/mf doom/harmonic 313 stuff before, so it was nice to hear some new tunes.

I've only had the opportunity to go through this once, but it was pretty sweet. Not at the "quite good" level, but nice stuff.

I've only heard the madlib/mf doom/harmonic 313 stuff before, so it was nice to hear some new tunes.

Haha, only a select few reach that pinnacle of "quite good". I wanted to do a fun mix since it's been a while and I hadn't really tried this style yet. I figured a lot of people on here haven't really gotten into the whole wonky scene yet, I just discovered it myself recently. It lends itself well to ADD mixing which is nice.

Guest Glass Plate

I mean most of this is on 3 labels: (warp, stones throw, ninja tune)

the fact that most of it can be covered by 3 labels makes it not that mixed up :(

I mean most of this is on 3 labels: (warp, stones throw, ninja tune)

the fact that most of it can be covered by 3 labels makes it not that mixed up :(

Fair point, but most of this is a pretty niche genre, is being covered by three labels such a bad thing? Also I was bored and counted, between the 26 tracks, 13 labels are represented. I hardly think that's relying too much on any one label, especially given how short most of the tracks are.

This is a wicked mix, I need to get into some more of this shit! Cheers Six!

Thanks dude, glad you like it!

the guilty simpson track is good, but the only flying lotus song worth listening to is massage situation, imo

http://beneboi.headfoam.net/03%20-%20massage%20situation.mp3

Took me a while to get into Flying Lotus myself but it has really grown on me. That said he really can be very hit or miss. And yes, Massage Situation is a great track, almost made it in the mix.

This is a wicked mix, I need to get into some more of this shit! Cheers Six!

Thanks dude, glad you like it!

I was going to ask, other than Soulseek, which I can't seem to configure to download faster than 0.5654kb per sec, is there a central location for the Sparkle Motion mixes? There's a few on one page mentioned in this thread, I was listening to the Space Odyssey mix this morning which is awesome too.

You've hit me up with some good recommendations in the past, Machine Drum and shit, any other albums worth getting these days? I'm running short of new music.

Archived