IGNORED

Autechre + Hallucinogens

NI64

So...I listened to Untitled for the first time last night. I took some rather potent LSD, found myself a quiet dark room, got some good earbuds, and then shut my eyes and let my brain do the work.

Oh...my...God. Pro Radii became an epic battle against a giant robot spider. Iera was a bunch of alien worms crawling in my head through my ears and eating my brain. The end of Fermium put me in a total trance state, which I was shot back out abruptly by the begininng of The Trees.

Overall, it was an incredible intense experience. I love to listen to Autechre during a trip. I find it's some of the most "visual" music out there. Anyone else have any other hallucinogenic Autechre experiences to share?

Guest hahathhat

i never liked anything autechre did until i put on tri repeatae++ after a hit of acid.

i recall i saw some visuals, nothing too intense -- what really struck me about the music was a real engineer nerd thing, how "optimized" the music was. tiny little sounds mindbogglingly interwoven. it was like seeing a beautiful piece of (computer) code or a clever circuit.

that's when autechre stopped being rhythmless clicky crap to me... though some albums still are, i must admit.

Guest Ultravisitor

when i saw them at glade last year i was tripping on some awesome acid.

i thought i was a tree half way through the set, like my feet had roots coming out of them and were digging into the ground. and my stretched out and turned into branches. i was just standing still and wiggling my upper body around whilst wriggling my fingers/branches......it was great!

p.s. happened again when i saw plaid two weeks later at the big chill.....sweet!

and incunabula on shrooms, aaaahhhhh bike, THAT was made for tripping, when it goes all spacey halfway through.

So...I listened to Untitled for the first time last night. I took some rather potent LSD, found myself a quiet dark room, got some good earbuds, and then shut my eyes and let my brain do the work.

Oh...my...God. Pro Radii became an epic battle against a giant robot spider. Iera was a bunch of alien worms crawling in my head through my ears and eating my brain. The end of Fermium put me in a total trance state, which I was shot back out abruptly by the begininng of The Trees.

Overall, it was an incredible intense experience. I love to listen to Autechre during a trip. I find it's some of the most "visual" music out there. Anyone else have any other hallucinogenic Autechre experiences to share?

*read to Untitled*

*looked at post count*

*stopped reading*

burger_top.gif

*read to Untitled*

*looked at post count*

*stopped reading*

burger_bottom.gif

Haha. No fucking way. I have read about this album countless times, seen it written god know how many. And I ALWAYS thought it was Untitled. God I feel stupid.

But seriously though, does my lack of a post count above 500 knock me down a couple notches in this pristine IDM forum hierarchy? I'm crushed. How am I going to go on without the repect of my WATMM peers?

*Goes takes more acid to cope with the pain*

i found draft 7.30 to be very enjoyable on (rather weak) acid. it was similar to what dr. hat described. all the little clicks and pops were all placed at the right place. well designed music. later times and on stronger doses i haven't really been feeling autechre's music, might be that i haven't really been listening to them that much lately.

i seriously agree with the OP, autechre music is fucking fantastic to trip to.

actually if you think thats insane try putting an AE cd in your xbox and watch the visualizer while you listen, thats equally mindboggling plus the visualizer is interactive.

Also i thoroughly agree that BIKE was made for tripping. The entire Incunabula and Amber albums were where they really hit their peak melodically if you ask me, and there is so much meaning.

i was listening to Piezo and i realized that beyond it simply being a sad song, it is actually about a machine crying, those noises in the end for some reason never clicked with me that they were supposed to be noises of a machine crying but its undenyable once you think of it.

Guest JohnTqs
Quaristice was just made for tripping.

where's that interview where one of them says "i guess it depends on what drugs you're taking"

it was meant to be listened to while tripping, you're right

I've never listened to their music on drugs, on account of.. never having done drugs. Not that I'm some moral paragon, but it just hasn't been a part of my life thus far. I'd like to give it a try some day.

Foil = Trance.

Foil can put me in a trance when not on anything.

on my first and only acid trip i set out to have a musical journey. i was alone and never done it before, so i was a little nervous. i really wanted to listen to autechre, but it just made me more restless and confused. as i assured my inner peace with some popol vuh and tangerine dream records, i dared to come up with chiastic slide. it was then i realized what an amazing record this trully is. definitely my favourite. after c.s. ran out, i felt the urge to go out. i was walking in woods for about an hour. it was raining. i've had some amazing experiences while outside. then at one point i wanted to go home to listen to even more. i put on garbage and amber, and then incunabula. then silence. it did good to me. i rolled a spliff and then played luke slater set from fuse.

it wasn't like i've had any visual transformations. i knew the music i've been listening at that time pretty well. the experience was overwhelming because for the first time there was no medium (and/or barrier) between me and the music. it felt like my body resonates frequencies and not my speakers. i could feel every single detail of composition and sound like a physical form that was a part of everything around me. the waves didn't come from the speakers, they were emanated from every single object in my room, the air, my body... so it was more like feeling the sound like a piece of clay, or a net of strings, irregularly shaped solid objects, sine waves, really dense vibration fields...at one point i even started to move and behave like sounds lol

Am I missing out?

I find that their music "trips me out" on its own, when I haven't taken anything. I have no moral objection to anyone else doing drugs, but I can't take them myself - even weed gives me paranoia and panic fits.

Perhaps that's why I don't get "Quaristice", then, apart from a few tracks. I love most of the rest of their albums without drugs. Does anyone like "Quaristice" here w/o the aid of drugs?

Great experiences posted up here, though! :)

Does anyone like "Quaristice" here w/o the aid of drugs?

Of course, I liked the album before I tried listening to it tripping.

I wouldn't listen to music I didn't like sober when tripping.

It (listening to quaristice on a variety of hallucinogenic drugs (acid,shrooms, and ketamine to be exact (not at the same time))) was just a highly enlightening and enjoyable experience and one I would recommend.

Guest Synthacat 9
Am I missing out?

I find that their music "trips me out" on its own, when I haven't taken anything. I have no moral objection to anyone else doing drugs, but I can't take them myself - even weed gives me paranoia and panic fits.

Perhaps that's why I don't get "Quaristice", then, apart from a few tracks. I love most of the rest of their albums without drugs. Does anyone like "Quaristice" here w/o the aid of drugs?

Great experiences posted up here, though! :)

If you don't like something when you're not on drugs, don't do drugs to enjoy it. Spend your time listening to music you enjoy, and if you do drugs listen to the music you enjoy already. If you let drugs influence your taste in music you're a clown

PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION PERSONAL OPINION

oh, and I did like some bits of quaristice. some bits I didn't. I haven't listened to it on drugs either so Idk about that whole sober/tripping contrast on this album

i have listened to autechre's complete discography in order while tripping a few times, very enlightening

my favorite autechre records will probably always be the earliest ones though whether i'm tripping or not

Like someone else in this thread I listened to incunabula whilst on shrooms it was great, but, the album is my favorite of theirs and I love it so no surprise there really.

Archived