IGNORED

Chill Mix For A Mellow Tuesday

autopilot

sedative.png

Holy Shit, We Have An MP3 Player!

Yeh, I know I post a lot of mixes, but I'm unemployed and am trying to occupy myself in ways that involve music as not to become creatively stagnant and just play video games 24/7. That being said, I really like how this one turned out. It's more laid back than the others, and shorter too at just under 50 minutes. It's kind of scary how well that Beak/OD song works with Dayvan Cowboy.

Does anyone know what became of Wrexsoul? I don't know if he posted here but he was Skeptopotamus on Xlt, and I haven't heard from him in about 4 years. Really love his music.

Thanks for listening and all that noise. :beer:

So what software are you using to make these mixes?

First few were FL6, but I recently upgraded to version 8. The greatly improved audio clip mixer/filter automation interface is really ace for this sort of thing. The downside, of course, is that it's not really "live" in a traditional DJ sense, but the upside is that it allows me to cut out/mix in/line up loops out of certain elements in the songs that I imagine would be nigh impossible with a traditional turntable setup.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

holy shit on a stick, i may start doing this. what's fl6 then? isn't there some open source app i can use on linux?

FL, or "Fruity Loops", is a very intuitive, well designed sequencer and VST interface that lets people of all skill levels around the world create metric tons of shitty house music. It has an appropriately terrible name, as well. I'm sure something similar exists for Linux.

Glad you're liking it, Fred.

:fear::shuriken:

Archived