IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIS's "Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?"

sadistically hard platformer in ghouls-n-goblins style (no air control, double jumps) about deranged pinguins that have to gather ingredients for Ultra Dessert. awesomely challenging and hectic with pixel-perfect leaps of faith and tendon workout buttonmashery, really punishing, like Contra 4 or Megaman ZX but better

prinny_screens_jpns.jpg

and SNK's "Last Resort" , one of the best in the R-type-school of shmups, overlooked NEO-GEO gem

last_resort.gif

Initial D 5. just came out in the arcades here about 4 days ago! much harder and more realistic than Initial D 4. i have Initial D : Extreme Stage for the PS3, and this new arcade release has got my interest up all over again.

sadistically hard platformer in ghouls-n-goblins style (no air control, double jumps) about deranged pinguins that have to gather ingredients for Ultra Dessert. awesomely challenging and hectic with pixel-perfect leaps of faith and tendon workout buttonmashery, really punishing, like Contra 4 or Megaman ZX but better

prinny_screens_jpns.jpg

and SNK's "Last Resort" , one of the best in the R-type-school of shmups, overlooked NEO-GEO gem

last_resort.gif

i really want to play the prinny game, but i don't have a psp. maybe i should invest in one before they disappear.

Guest bitroast
Everyone should also play Braid. It's only $10 on XBLA now, and it'll be out for PC "at the end of March".

waiting waiting waiting waiting.

Guest Caustic

i was playing Audiosurf the other day and noticed that i'd beat one of pigsters scores.

har har har.

Guest bitroast
i was playing Audiosurf the other day and noticed that i'd beat one of pigsters scores.

har har har.

hah! i played that awhile ago but havent touched it since. i still get emails every few weeks saying ive had a score beaten. i could change the settings to stop emailing me but its kinda funnier this way :)

rofl i play audiosurf every few days

i love it.

also, i'm downloading serious sam 2, and i can't fucking wait.

edit: caustic is my only friend on audiosurf.

Guest JohnTqs

space invaders, you can play it online, there's a pretty good emulation at The Space Inavders Shrine

Guest hahathhat

yes, that part towards the start of eurocore mvp, i am very distinctly reminded of a flying saucer, rotation impled by scrolly lines between its two hamburger buns.

Killzone 2

Gears of War 2

Persona 4

Just finished an album so I'm rewarding myself heh

Guest Tony Danza
space invaders, you can play it online, there's a pretty good emulation at The Space Inavders Shrine

I learned from the Pacman thread that Japan suffered a national coin shortage in 1978, which was the year that Space Invaders was released. Neat stuff.

I'm on the fence about World of Goo, by the way. Someone talk me in/out of it.

all on pc:

fifa 09

need for speed underground

supreme commander

sid meiers pirates

team fortress 2

and counting the minutes until i can play empire total war

Guest bitroast

I learned from the Pacman thread that Japan suffered a national coin shortage in 1978, which was the year that Space Invaders was released. Neat stuff.

I'm on the fence about World of Goo, by the way. Someone talk me in/out of it.

what do you mean? just get it, play it. if you dont like it stop playing.

it's good though.

prinny_screens_jpns.jpg

last_resort.gif

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll start looking for Last Resort for my cab right away...

Also, that Prinny game looks sweet! I wish I had a PSP....

Archived