IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT5 :emotawesomepm9:

Yells yeah!

yep arrived from amazon a day early, it's really really good... the graphics are incredible.

Gah! I wished I had ordered it! Gotta go pick mine up tomorrow with the rest of the regular people...

I'm assuming the licenses are as hard, if not harder, than previous GT games. The trophies don't seem to be too forgiving either, with very few silver and gold trophies to be had, and bronze assigned to things that on first read, seem pretty fucking hard to accomplish.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

just bought and kinda hate heavy rain. its just the fucking sims but with kids being killed. fuck. its like one big cut scene where you press a button every now and again. fuck.

trying out some demos too. deathspank seems fun but goddamn the voice acting and entire tone is horrible and seems really misguided. won't be buying. couldn't even finish the demo.

next up joe danger demo. then god of war 3. just cause 2 and split second.

i'm excited for the new need for speed hot pursuit but no demo for that for some reason. why do some games have demos and others don't?

There IS a NFS: Hot Persuit demo! I played it over a week ago!

Joe Danger is great - thinking of picking it up today since it's on sale until 30/11 for half price.

Playing GoW III on Titan difficulty, gonna try and get the remaining trophies and platinum this bitch.

Some games have demos if the developer a) has the time to make one; and, b) if they feel a demo will benefit sales.

trying out some demos too. deathspank seems fun but goddamn the voice acting and entire tone is horrible and seems really misguided. won't be buying. couldn't even finish the demo.

DeathSpank is fine if you want some mindless button-bashing smash-em-up Diablo-type play. It's not thrilling and some bits are very tiresome (regaining health during battles). But there's a good level-up system, lots of weapons and add-ons and a lot to keep you entertained if you want to achieve 100% (which isn't taxing).

I enjoyed it, as a romp. But the download price was high for what left like a very simple game. The sequel interests me, as a completionist, but there's no way I'm going to spend the same credits again on something that I imagine is exactly the same as the first.

I was pretty excited about Heavy Rain before it came out, I played the demo and didn't mind the cutscene stuff, but the bit with the high tech glasses kinda put me off big time. I was looking forward to some Se7en-esque 90's crime solving, the Matrix shenanigans ruins that. Is the game still as expensive?

I was pretty excited about Heavy Rain before it came out, I played the demo and didn't mind the cutscene stuff, but the bit with the high tech glasses kinda put me off big time. I was looking forward to some Se7en-esque 90's crime solving, the Matrix shenanigans ruins that. Is the game still as expensive?

yes hasn't dropped in price at all. seemsto have been out a while too.

i actually like the fbi glasses part clue finding bit. i just hate setting the table and brushing their teeth and hearing every inane thought in their head

25£ on ShopTo.net

Joe Danger is great - thinking of picking it up today since it's on sale until 30/11 for half price.

Playing GoW III on Titan difficulty, gonna try and get the remaining trophies and platinum this bitch.

Some games have demos if the developer a) has the time to make one; and, b) if they feel a demo will benefit sales.

huh how did i miss it then? guess i'll do a search.

edit: nope doesn't exist i searched. looked under demos N. nothing

i loved need for speed underground 2 (on gamecube)especially the police chases (and drift) so hopefully this won't disapoint like evry other nfs game since u2

so if a game sucks they likely won't do a demo and just hope people buy it.

Waltzed through the two national licenses, half bronze, rest silver and a few golds. This is my first racing game on the ps3 (not new to GT though) and so still getting to grips with it. Golds are v hard, not sure how difficult the step up will be in the international and s license. Menu navigation is a little annoying, but the cars and tracks are incredible.

did anyone here ever play this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlqKtTCNHiU&hd=1

from what i can remember it was a pretty cool game. i wonder if it'd work on windows 7.

the new tron game looks alright too, for a movie game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3dHhPmfSpw&hd=1

oh and currently im playing tetris on my ipad.

i loved need for speed underground 2 (on gamecube)especially the police chases (and drift) so hopefully this won't disapoint like evry other nfs game since u2

I think it was exclusive to Qore subscribers (the November 2010 issue) - if you really want to try it, buy that issue of Qore (it's a short demo - only two tracks/sections, and two game modes (takedown and cops n' robbers). Good visuals/UI though

Pac Man Championship DX is now on PSN - holy fuck, this is FUN!!!!

Heavy Rain is available at Sam's Club (US) for 25.00... was thinking of picking it up.

I think it was exclusive to Qore subscribers (the November 2010 issue) - if you really want to try it, buy that issue of Qore (it's a short demo - only two tracks/sections, and two game modes (takedown and cops n' robbers). Good visuals/UI though

Heavy Rain is available at Sam's Club (US) for 25.00... was thinking of picking it up.

They've taken the demo down now that the full game is out. Bastards!

They've taken the demo down now that the full game is out. Bastards!

Ahhhhh... that makes sense

Gran Turismo 5. Love the silky smooth, high FPS, full HD racing. But what an awfully slow and dull interface. It can take me 2-3 minutes to get back to my home screen :facepalm:

Does anyone know how I can change the awful pink led lights in the interior of my FT-86 Concept 09?

holy shit, civ5 is addictive - they've simplified pollution and religion (you can be a 100% rationalist civilisation of atheists with loads of scientists, which i was in this game) - now you choose from a set of social policy trees like 'honor', 'freedom', 'rationalism', 'piety' etc., all of which have their perks. and when you're doing well, 'great people' are spawned, who can do things like found academies and make massive trade pacts.

i finished a game (~12-14hrs) between yesterday and today. i created an atheist, scientific, and peaceful (except for that one incident with the ottomans where i conquered them) but armed to the teeth. i played as americans due to the perks. i left montezuma wipe out the city-states (a new addition) whilst keeping him sweet with trade and units, then monty and i carved up the continent between us. started the manhattan project in 1980, got nanotech in 2050 just when it ended. i came second, cos the french basically owned the other continent :(

makes no sense!

just played the demo for split second. was kinda fun but i couldnt see it keeping my attention.

joe danger was fun, i'll buy at some point probably

just played the demo for split second. was kinda fun but i couldnt see it keeping my attention.

wtf, how do you make a civilization demo? does it end at a certain date?

it's an extremely rewarding game, but a total timesink too.

Guest tv_party

I like it but for some reason I'm not finding it as addictive as it's predecessors. I do like the policy system. I tend to agree that the AI needs a little bit of a tweak and ffs let me see info all of my resources, and trade deals easily. to be fair they're supposedly working on some major patch.

still playing lots of tf2 amazingly enough. I'll give civ another go soon.

kinda jonesin for a new game. I pay more attention to indies these days. I'd like to find something as unique and surprisingly good as world of goo.

Man. I wish I had time for games these days. Work has been ridiculous. The occasional hour I get free goes towards Minecraft...

I think when I've moved into my new crib I'll book time off work to finally start playing Mass Effect 2.

holy shit, civ5 is addictive - they've simplified pollution and religion (you can be a 100% rationalist civilisation of atheists with loads of scientists, which i was in this game) - now you choose from a set of social policy trees like 'honor', 'freedom', 'rationalism', 'piety' etc., all of which have their perks. and when you're doing well, 'great people' are spawned, who can do things like found academies and make massive trade pacts.

i finished a game (~12-14hrs) between yesterday and today. i created an atheist, scientific, and peaceful (except for that one incident with the ottomans where i conquered them) but armed to the teeth. i played as americans due to the perks. i left montezuma wipe out the city-states (a new addition) whilst keeping him sweet with trade and units, then monty and i carved up the continent between us. started the manhattan project in 1980, got nanotech in 2050 just when it ended. i came second, cos the french basically owned the other continent :(

Tantalising. Can't wait 'til I get a new laptop.

Guest disparaissant

heavy rain is pretty cool if you don't mind bad voice acting and people who looks like lumps of wet clay. the story's pretty out there in a good way, and the controls are mostly really good. plus there's tons of endings depending on how well you do. had a p. great time passing around a controller from scene to scene. i ended up getting all the fucking awful scary scenes (like oh god im about to be raped and murdered if i dont press these buttons right! that scene was terrifying.) also you will pick up an awesome new catchphrase, "FUCKIN ASSHOLE!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMwSf1b4lYc

im thinkin of grabbing the new donkey kong game, heard its awesome.

Archived