IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting for some of the big sites to post their reviews of GT5. I honestly have NO interest in that game and for some reason I don't think it's going to sell as well as they hope for.

Also, lol at the physics.

actually, i'm currently reading cory doctorow's 'for the win' - you will not read a better novel about asian WoW goldfarmers this year (although that's mainly because this is one of the only novels about asian WoW goldfarmers. doctorow writes like a grade-school version of neal stephenson).

Guest Dirty Protest

Might track it down. I used to be a farmer in UO, made quite a nice sum from ebay and my white wyrms. Loads of people had a problem with it, but as in life, some people would rather pay than put in the work.

Guest disparaissant

roomie got dragon age ultimate edition (origins + awakening + all the DLC) and finally actually gave it an honest go. i can't say i really like the combat system or quests, it all feels very repetitive, and the moral choices generally boil down to "give them flowers!" or "kick a puppy!" and don't matter at all in the long run but holy shit the dialog in that game is so awesome. it's just cool to be walking along slightly bored and then have alistair and morrigan start bickering about things.

also alistair turns into the most hilariously awkward schoolboy if you sleep with him. i'm his FiRsT GiRlFrIeNd!

also

Morrigan: I do wonder. Is it permissible for two Grey Wardens to... oh, what is the word I search for?

Alistair: Caboodle?

Guest Gbiscuit

It IS a Bioware game afterall, they haven't much changed the formula since KOTOR, save for Mass Effect. I'm a whore for anything Bioware and KOTOR though, so yeah...

Anyway, I finally picked up Way of the Samurai 3. The series hasn't garnered much praise from critics here in the states since the first installment was released on the PS2, but that didn't stop me from placing the series on my 'beloved franchises' list. It's really an unexplored market for games, the only other that I know of to be set in and around the Edo era being Kessen III and Samurai Warriors.

Also picked up Darkstar One: Broken Alliance the same day. Haven't gotten around to it, but from what I've read it's the classic space flight sim/RPG formula from greats like Freelancer and the X series.

Anyway, I finally picked up Way of the Samurai 3. The series hasn't garnered much praise from critics here in the states since the first installment was released on the PS2, but that didn't stop me from placing the series on my 'beloved franchises' list. It's really an unexplored market for games, the only other that I know of to be set in and around the Edo era being Kessen III and Samurai Warriors.

How is it? I really like WOTS 1 & 2, despite their obvious flaws and sometimes (unintentionally) hilarious dialog. It is also on my beloved franchise list, but so hard to recommend to people.

Guest Gbiscuit

It stays true to what it is if that makes any sense. Dialog is lulzy, but IIRC, you can switch the spoken language to Japanese with English subtitles. The occasional Engrish translations are a hoot too. The swordplay is much the same, and blades are much more difficult to break. What's great is that a forging element has been added as well, so a good blade is never too far away.

I guess you could say it's nearly identical to its predecessors with simply more to do and a slightly bigger world.

Guest futuregirlfriend

I got Nimbus the other day and completed it with a friend in about two hours, taking turns bouncing the wrong direction and into spikes. It's painfully close to being an amazing game. It looks great, feels pretty good, nice music, a little surprising when you hit the kinda disappointing final level, some good puzzles, some crap puzzles. Still, it's only a cheap indie game and would be good for using up a few of those spare 10 minutes that always need getting rid of.

It stays true to what it is if that makes any sense. Dialog is lulzy, but IIRC, you can switch the spoken language to Japanese with English subtitles. The occasional Engrish translations are a hoot too. The swordplay is much the same, and blades are much more difficult to break. What's great is that a forging element has been added as well, so a good blade is never too far away.

I guess you could say it's nearly identical to its predecessors with simply more to do and a slightly bigger world.

Did they switch back to letting you walk between regions? I didn't like how in two every time you went out of the area you have to choose a new location from the map. Completely unimmersive.

How is it? I really like WOTS 1 & 2, despite their obvious flaws and sometimes (unintentionally) hilarious dialog. It is also on my beloved franchise list, but so hard to recommend to people.

Kessen III is probably one of the most underrated games of all time. I fuckin played the shit out of that game...got it at a clearance for 10 bucks....its starting to get worn out.

if you like semi-historical fantasy/rpg/strategy games, its a must buy.

I picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition for $30, and a friend gave me White Knight Chronicles today. So score for me. Although this is just adding to the huge list of games I'm trying to play. I'm bloody set for winter! :gamer:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

holy shit heavy rain was fucking shit. what a pile of crap. avoid avoid avoid except for my copy which I'll be selling on ebay if target don't accept game returns. does anyone know their policy? unopened only?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

joe danger on the other hand is alot of fun but damn it gets hard fast

i also discovered pixeljunk monsters deluxe - which is a new island and some more challenges. more of the same really which is great

Archived