IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but wonder what on earth Polyphony Digital have been wasting their time on for the last 5-6 years? To be honest it feels like an unfinished game.

It is unfinished, for definite. A lot of features they promised, like the aforementioned damage, plus leaderboards and shit aren't even in the game yet. A lot of things due to be patched in December. Bad form if you ask me. The premium car shit is terrible too, if you're not going to spend the proper amount of time on each car then don't promise to put so many in the game.

It's a fun game for definite, but there's no way it meets expectations. Especially on the graphics front.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Dirt 2 is the shit. I am going to play on my PC the next few nights for sure. Along with some more Reach, Neo Tokyo (free source mod) & get closer to beating Mass Effect 2. My gaming needs are being relieved.

Btw. for those who haven't heard:

Some of you might have seen BioWare's VGA teaser trailer for their upcoming and unannounced game and now it's is more or less safe to say that that game is Mass Effect 3 and will be shown tomorrow at the Video Game Award Show. EA accidently listed Mass Effect 3 in their EA Store this morning and it was described like this:

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

1654246-screen_shot_2010_12_10_at_12.41.25_pm_super.png

i rented prince of persia for xbox360. i want to love it cause it has beautiful graphics and the characters are really cute, but the game is so repetitive and i hate, hate, hate unlocking things with a hub world. i think it's lazy game design.

just got back into fallout 3 and I'm finally getting the hang of it. I guess I realized I needed to explore and fight to gain XP, sell stuff, stock ammo and stimpacks, etc. I'm not much of an RPG player so I forget to do these things(because it's boring in a lot of RPGs) in addition to blindly following quests. I still feel like I have shitty armor and weapons and I don't level up nearly quick enough.

I've been totally absorbed in Red Dead Redemption. It's a fucking LUSH experience. I can't even really explain why this game is so good, it just is. Also I think this is the first time I've ever seen full naked tits in a moderately long sex scene on a console title. How that slipped under the radar after all the bullshit Rockstar gets for being racy, I dunno.

I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 at the moment and I fucking love it. Astonishing really.

Bioware really nailed it with this one, sorted out my minor gripes with ME1 (repetitive side missions) although I do miss cruising around in a buggy. The voice acting is so quality.

Love love love

Guest Gbiscuit

Live expired on me so I'm running through Mercenaries for the 90 millionth time. Definitely one of my favorite games, the only problem is that it often wants to crash when in the 360 as opposed to an original Xbox, but this is easily curtailed by saving often.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Live expired on me so I'm running through Mercenaries for the 90 millionth time. Definitely one of my favorite games, the only problem is that it often wants to crash when in the 360 as opposed to an original Xbox, but this is easily curtailed by saving often.

I've had more fun playing Mercenaries and Mercenaries 2 than most other games, great games.

Guest Gbiscuit

Can't beat running around in 3rd world warzones wreaking havoc with fuel-air bombs. :rdjgrin:

I really want to pick up Mercenaries 2 again, it's only $10 too...

Some of you might have seen BioWare's VGA teaser trailer for their upcoming and unannounced game and now it's is more or less safe to say that that game is Mass Effect 3 and will be shown tomorrow at the Video Game Award Show. EA accidently listed Mass Effect 3 in their EA Store this morning and it was described like this:

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Yes, and the PS3 version will be coming out at the same time! ME2 demo on the 22nd, and is out in January for PS3! I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

Started playing Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time that my kids got me for my birthday - like a Pixar movie, it is - super high quality animation and voice acting, and hilarious instructional videos for the weapons, etc.

And did anyone see the trailer for Uncharted 3??? WOW!

I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 at the moment and I fucking love it. Astonishing really.

Bioware really nailed it with this one, sorted out my minor gripes with ME1 (repetitive side missions) although I do miss cruising around in a buggy. The voice acting is so quality.

Love love love

there is dlc that adds missions in the hammerhead, which is like a mako but less failure and more gravity.

Yes, and the PS3 version will be coming out at the same time! ME2 demo on the 22nd, and is out in January for PS3! I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

Started playing Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time that my kids got me for my birthday - like a Pixar movie, it is - super high quality animation and voice acting, and hilarious instructional videos for the weapons, etc.

And did anyone see the trailer for Uncharted 3??? WOW!

wtf???? that sorta gets me excited...but i wont know what the fuck is going on without the first Mass Effect.

i have a bit of one last big term paper to write, and then its game and music time....im almost finished replaying Bioshock 2...im gonna give Silent HIll Homecoming one more chance...maybe...and then I have Devil May Cry 4 which I haven't even touched yet...gonna give that a try....then once the prices go down Red Dead Redemption and eventually the new Fallout..im not payin 50 bucks for it.

is mass effect 1 coming out on ps3 as well? or just 2?

No, just ME2 - From what I understand, ME2 can be played without having played ME1 (the game fills you in on what happened).

Just LOOK at Uncharted 3!!!! (watch in HD)

is mass effect 1 coming out on ps3 as well? or just 2?

No, just ME2 - From what I understand, ME2 can be played without having played ME1 (the game fills you in on what happened).

yeah, but if you are playing mass effect on a system other than the ps3 i highly suggest starting from the first game. i say this because when you start a new game in the second one without importing your mass effect 1 save game, the new game takes all the major choices that could be made in me1 and picks the "bad" outcome (well, not necessarily bad if you want shepard to be a xenophobic trigger-happy twat).

also, new games in me2 assume that you choose to kill wrex in the first one. a universe without wrex is not one worth living.

i love this series so i had difficulty choosing whether to play it on a console or pc. i played me2 on my xbox but then i decided i wanted to play the entire series from the beginning, so i got me1 for pc and played through that. well, after finishing me1, i decided that playing on a console is more fun because the game is so cinematic that my laptop doesn't do it justice compared to playing it on my big-fuckin'-tv. what i'm getting at is, this is a really great series and it deserves to be played while laying on the couch and eating delicious taco bell.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

It sure ain't hard to pirate Mass Effect 2 plug your PC output into your HDTV and plug in a 360 controller and get better graphics and all the DLC for free on the E-Z

It sure ain't hard to pirate Mass Effect 2 plug your PC output into your HDTV and plug in a 360 controller and get better graphics and all the DLC for free on the E-Z

this might be a stupid question, but i have a kinda shitty graphics card because my pc is a laptop. do you know if it's even worth it to try to hook it up to the tv or will the resolution be limited because of the card?

Archived