IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Spent the last couple weeks at my parents place taking care of their dogs while they went on vacation. Got some good gaming time in.

Beat Assassin's Creed II. Beat and platinum'd Sly Cooper and the Thevius Raccoonus (Sly 1). Beat Batman: Arkham Asylum. Played a bunch of Gran Turismo 5.

I recently bought Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time ($30), Tomb Raider: Underworld ($10), Gran Turismo 5 ($60) and Katamari Forever ($20). Am currently playing Tomb Raider, controls are a bit clunky, but it's pretty good so far. I haven't played a Tomb Raider game in a long time, so it's nice to come back to the series. After Tomb Raider, I'll go for Ratchet and Clank. After that maybe Sly 2.

I can tell GT5 is gonna suck up a lot of my time. So much to do in this game.

I really want to play AC: Brotherhood. But I've got plenty on my plate as is, so...

Can't wait for Little Big Planet 2, Mass Effect 2, and Dead Space 2. All day 1 buys for me.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried for the past few days a lot of GT5... and fucking man.. it's _NOTHING_ compared to iracing.com :facepalm: 5 years and iRacing.com has it fucking *beat*!!!!!

Just to show how much money it cost them for all the publicity and wanking... in the end all of that.. all those lies, at least iracing.com puts the money where it wants to be : serious racing. And in the end, when you are behind the wheel, it's all what counts.

just amazing.

lol, that is amazing and better than Tron. Games have finally eclipsed film vfx in at least one area. It was just a matter of time, considering the amount of money successful games studios have to put into R&D...

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

played the demos of god of war 3 and just cause 2 recently.

god of war made me fucking laugh and my jaw drop. it was so much fun. i'll definitely buy this. i always thought it wouldn't be fun. haven't playd any of the previous games obv.

just cause 2 was kinda like a shitty version of GTA but with a parachute. and it was kinda fun but the physics system was very shoddy, car crashes were like driving a box into another box. but fucking shit up is fun and if i can get it for $15 i might pick it up.

so i have like $9.50 in psn moneyz, what should i get? was gonna get the x-men arcade beatemup and scott pilgrim but they added tax, the fuckers, so i am 50 cents short for scott pilgrim, anything good in the under 10 bux bracket? thinkin um jammer lammy because i LOOOVed that game back in the day but i could probably get an actual copy for like 50 cents lol.

also the x-men arcade beatemup is pure nostalgia and i love it. spent so much money on that game when i was lil it's not even funny.

pixeljunk monsters

why did you do such a thing in the first place

Idiotic brand loyalty. I enjoyed the film (although I've only watched it once) and the soundtrack, so I figured I'd give the game a go.

The demo was shit, but I thought that I hadn't given it enough attention and just splurged. Waste of money.

Guest disparaissant

Oh God. Don't buy Scott Pilgrim, please. I wish I hadn't.

i liked the demo enough, but i am a fan of old school beat em ups and i like them punishingly hard. but it's kind of moot as i don't have enough for it and don't feel like adding more psn money for it because i don't really care.

probably just gonna get some 90s ps1 rpg and leave it at that.

Idiotic brand loyalty. I enjoyed the film (although I've only watched it once) and the soundtrack, so I figured I'd give the game a go.

The demo was shit, but I thought that I hadn't given it enough attention and just splurged. Waste of money.

rule of thumb never buy a game based off a movie and never buy a movie based off a game

if you really NEED to play it for what ever self deprecating reason , just rent it

Guest disparaissant

rule of thumb never buy a game based off a movie and never buy a movie based off a game

if you really NEED to play it for what ever self deprecating reason , just rent it

it's a 10 dollar psn game and it's more based on the comics and the overall "WE R OBSESSED WITH VIDEO GAMES" thing that scott pilgrim had. like i said, i liked the demo.

but yeah you're right otherwise, for the most part movie games suck. can only think of a few exceptions (goldeneye, super star wars)

it's a 10 dollar psn game and it's more based on the comics and the overall "WE R OBSESSED WITH VIDEO GAMES" thing that scott pilgrim had. like i said, i liked the demo.

but yeah you're right otherwise, for the most part movie games suck. can only think of a few exceptions (goldeneye, super star wars)

chronicles of riddick was a decent game.. yea there are exceptions but few and far between. 99% of them are just cash ins

just played the demo of funky lab rat its a complete braid rip off. which means it has some of the fun of braid but it made me feel dirty

Does anyone remember that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic game on the source engine? I'm thinking of buying it. I played it about half way through a couple of years ago and I liked the way the action seemed so physical. It was like Riddick one of those first person games thar did melee combat right.

I'm playing mass effect 2 and it really feels buggy. Had to install some noclip tweak to get out of the clipping bug I was in. (in the second level :s) It's fun though.

Does anyone remember that Dark Messiah of Might and Magic game on the source engine? I'm thinking of buying it. I played it about half way through a couple of years ago and I liked the way the action seemed so physical. It was like Riddick one of those first person games thar did melee combat right.

I played the hell out of the Dark Messiah Demo. The demo was awesome. Great combat. But I never got the game because apparently it was way too linear, and it came out around the time Oblivion came out. Oblivion was way better apparently so I got it instead.

I played it. I enjoyed it. A bit short, very linear..but fun.

Guest disparaissant

Zuma blitz on facebook. I love the fact they put a colorblind version in for us eyely challenged humans.

lol i've been playing a lot of facebook Snake.

anyone played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. yet?

I've been playing it for the whole weekend as a part of my rehab campaign from a friday night party. I was so immersed into it, that I forgot even to go out to get some fresh air.

The abandoned decaying environment, the mystery, the unknown, the story and personalized weapons & equipment are my cup of tea for sure. But it's frustrating how some mutants are so hard to kill... I'm stuck in a abandoned lab in the middle of Pripyat, dealing with three telekinesis mutants. I've loaded one with 6 clips of my primary rifle, 3 clips of a .45 handgun and five grenades, but it's still alive and throwing propane gas tanks at me. And there are THREE of them! Now I'm done with this game. Too bad.

(But it was fun taking out the Monolith crews with a silenced Einfeld rifle. They never knew what hit them)

Maybe I should give S.T.A.L.K.E.R another chance. Should I just get the latest one or are the first 2 worth it? I didn't like the first one, bit bland and boring.

I've gotten into ArmA 2. Although it's still full of glitches, clipping problems and bugs, it's such a unique experience. The way they handle campaigns is really good as well, offering loads of freedom to fuck up at your own pace. But it's somehow more forgiving than Operation Flashpoint ever was. I want to buy a headtracking device and get into the multiplayer (just played goofy RPG mods for now.)

Archived