IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

got little big planet for xmas. been in my wishlist since it came out but never bought it myself. its a lot of fun. playing dress up the sackboy lol i'm 31 years of age.

looking forward to building a level. did anyone on here upload a level?

p.s btw retropublik just went offline - my wife (playing lbp community levels) just told me

I really wouldn't waste your time trying to create something in LBP1 - LBP2 is coming out around January 18th and the creation tools are MUCH more refined. Not to say you couldn't create anything decent in LBP1, just that 2 will obviously provide a richer toolset.

My son created a Killzone level - search for Joyrex and you should be able to find it. I helped him with the pseudo-scrolling background on the train, and the design of the ATAC (if you're familiar with Killzone, you'll know what that is).

Yeah, I played your Killzone 2 level. It's pretty damn good. Can't wait for LBP2. Will be getting it on day 1 for sure.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started Dead Space over the projector last night, alone. It's a shame but these spaceship settings are always really getting to me, I can't enjoy it at all. I couldn't play Doom 3 for that reason, my heart rate goes up way too quickly. It's strange as in real life I am fascinated by industrial machinery and the noises and stuff actually make me feel kind of cosy. I listen to Lustmord when falling asleep, but in games ... maybe my parents shouldn't have let me watch Alien when I was 5. I'ma have to force myself to keep playing cause I want to see the rest of the game ... :unsure:

Got Amnesia: Dark Descent from the Steam sale.

Wow. I've never felt this horrified at a game. There are times where it takes me 5 minutes to convince myself to get out of a cabinet I'm hiding in or go down a hallway.

Wow. I've never felt this horrified at a game. There are times where it takes me 5 minutes to convince myself to get out of a cabinet I'm hiding in or go down a hallway.

You're in for quite a ride there. I am usually quite fearless (except for those spaceship settings like I said above, must be some kind of phobia of mine) - yeah, Amnesia fucked me up bad. Go back a couple pages and you'll see what I've been writing (throughout November) while I was still playing it. Like I mentioned, my girlfriend was only watching me play and still suffered from actual insomnia and paranoia for weeks. And she's familiar with Silent Hill and all that.

HAVE FUN! :emotawesomepm9:

Mafia 2. Played the horrendous PS3 demo when it came out, but it's a completely different beast on the PC. It might be a flawed game and the storyline is quite boring, but there's a lot of attention to detail and the atmosphere is suberb. Looks good too. I like their global illumination tricks.

Soooo - Got some cash from a relative for Christmas and the missus convinced me (ok I convinced myself too) to get the Kinect.

A lot of caveats here:

- You NEED to have enough room to use it effectively. About 8 feet in front of the sensor, and a lot of room on the sides if you want to play two player. We actually rearranged the entire livingroom around it.

- The sensor is by no means perfect - varies from game to game, but if you're expected a perfect, 1 to 1, all the time you'll be disappointed

- Lack on Netflix support - a big thumbs down (until they implement it) because hands free navigation was one of the big selling points for me (as ridiculous as that might sound). Works well w/Zune marketplace, but frankly, spend 90% of our time using the xbox for Netflix streaming. Also, wish the entire dashboard was kinect compatible, not just limited things.

- Minimal games out there now - most of them I wouldn't ever think of trying cause the reviews are horrible. No hardcore games at ALL - though hopefully this will change in the near future (Gears of War related Kinect game coming sometime soonish I hear).

But, with all that being said, it's a LOT more fun than I expected. Even more surprising, my lady really enjoys it, even though she normally balks at motion control (didn't like the Wii, didn't like the Move). We ended up playing an ass-ton of table tennis over the break (Kinect Sports), as well as the raft surfing game (Kinect Adventures).

Easily the most fun/impressive is the "You Shape: Fitness Evolved" - not perfect (sometimes I'm squatting and my ass in ON THE FUCKING GROUND and it tells me to squat lower) but seriously futuristic and awesome 99% of the time. The interface is extremely well done, the personalized workout routines are great, and the bonus Tai Chi and games are just as much fun/entertaining as the main "workouts." Excellent, immediate feedback about what you are doing - really is like having a personal trainer in your home.

Also. Call of Duty: Black Ops. pure win.

Mafia 2. Played the horrendous PS3 demo when it came out, but it's a completely different beast on the PC. It might be a flawed game and the storyline is quite boring, but there's a lot of attention to detail and the atmosphere is suberb. Looks good too. I like their global illumination tricks.

And you can witness Nolan North talking to himself. Impressive.

Guest viscosity

my sisters boyfriend just sold me his 360 so probably: Virtua Fighter 5, Alan Wake, Brutal Legend, and Halo Reach.

maybe Red Dead Redemption soon after, but I'm gonna be busy with these for a little while

You're in for quite a ride there. I am usually quite fearless (except for those spaceship settings like I said above, must be some kind of phobia of mine) - yeah, Amnesia fucked me up bad. Go back a couple pages and you'll see what I've been writing (throughout November) while I was still playing it. Like I mentioned, my girlfriend was only watching me play and still suffered from actual insomnia and paranoia for weeks. And she's familiar with Silent Hill and all that.

HAVE FUN! :emotawesomepm9:

lol, sometimes I stream my gameplay and skype at the same time w/ a friend who relentlessly teases me about it.

Weird about spaceship settings for you. Have you played the avp games, specifically the marine campaigns? I havent played the newest one but the very first rebellion avp game is so ownage still.

Guest Sprigg

Just recently downloaded the Bioshock 2 expansion Minerva's Den. It's pretty much a Bioshock 2.5, which makes me quite happy, and shows me that Rapture still has things to offer. It seems much, much more difficult than Bioshock 2. I get my ass handed to me half the time without having Incinerate to torch everyone with.

Also, laser cannon.

And plenty of :pedobear:

Tetris comes out for PS3 today - finally, my game has arrived...

Mini-story regarding Demon's Souls: Finally got around to popping this in (stupidly hard game; dieing is an exercise in frustration; just what I would expect from the spiritual successor to the King's Field games), and in the process of creating my character (you can adjust the facial features, etc.) both the cat and the dog were intently staring at the character on the screen. When I rotated the portrait around to adjust my character's jawline, the dog went apeshit growling and barking at the TV! She's never reacted to the TV before; and we watch plenty of Animal Planet, etc. My son and I loled our asses off, making the character move and watching her react. The cat seemed to figure it out after a bit, and went back to sleep.

I got that game but I haven't played it yet... too many games...

It's decent. I'm digging the story a lot, but this is a tricky game. I doubt I'll have the patience to play it to the end. We shall see. Right now it's still manageable, but I guess it depends on how much harder it gets. There are some genuinely creepy ass moments tho.

Guest disparaissant

currently having a really great time being the go-between girl for a rock band 3 feud between my roommate and a guy i know online. i'm just in the middle, talking trash to both sides as my roommate and this guy play YYZ by Rush and Seven by Sunny Day Real Estate and Crackity Jones by The Pixies over and over and over again. It's just hilariously fun, the amount of frustation i am seeing/causing.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

got little big planet for xmas. been in my wishlist since it came out but never bought it myself. its a lot of fun. playing dress up the sackboy lol i'm 31 years of age.

p.s btw retropublik just went offline - my wife (playing lbp community levels) just told me

I really wouldn't waste your time trying to create something in LBP1 - LBP2 is coming out around January 18th and the creation tools are MUCH more refined. Not to say you couldn't create anything decent in LBP1, just that 2 will obviously provide a richer toolset.

My son created a Killzone level - search for Joyrex and you should be able to find it. I helped him with the pseudo-scrolling background on the train, and the design of the ATAC (if you're familiar with Killzone, you'll know what that is).

Yeah, I played your Killzone 2 level. It's pretty damn good. Can't wait for LBP2. Will be getting it on day 1 for sure.

i played it. was impressive but a little too much talking.

we finished LBP1. pretty much aced it throughout. fun game, better than i expected.

not sure what to play now.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Revenge of The Titans. I'm terrible at this kind of game. Can't beat the big boss in Minsk and I refuse to generate an easier map.

we finished LBP1. pretty much aced it throughout. fun game, better than i expected.

its impossible to finish lbp

its impossible to finish lbp

No it's not - the story mode has 50 levels, and assuming you get all the treasure, ace the level, and do all the challenges, you can most certainly finish it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yup only levels left to ace are boss levels i think

the guy with the 2 bouncers and the final level maybe

Archived